Cheesy chicken and leek
- 2 x chicken breasts chopped into chunks
- 1 x leek chopped
- 1 x Garlic clove finely chopped
- 200 ml veg stock
- 200 ml milk (add to veg stock)
- 1oz butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 5-8 cubes of cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 5 drops of chilli sauce (1/2 to 1 tsp of cumin works well if you don't have the sauce).
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Black pepper
- Fry chicken for 5 mins, add leek and garlic to pan and fry until softened.
- Put milk and stock mix in a saucepan, add butter & whisk in flour. Heat on med high until sauce boils and thickens. Turn down heat and cook sauce for 1 minute.
- Add chicken & leek mix to sauce and stir. Then add herbs, cheese, chilli sauce (or cumin) and pepper & simmer for 15 to 20 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice or pasta, it also makes a nice filling for a pie.
- Chicken and Cashew Nuts
- Chicken Casserole
- Chicken in Creamy Sauce
- Chicken Kiev with Garlic Butter
- Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- Crunchy Chicken Salad with Caesar-style Dressing
- Moroccan chicken with cous cous
- Moroccan Chicken with Eggplant Garbanzo Ragout
- Roasted Chicken Breast on a bed of Fried Salad
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Gratin of fish with cheese, tomatoes and herbs