Recipe - Egg and Vegetable fried noodles
- 2 Instant Noodles packages (optionally curry flavour)
- 1 or 2 eggs
- 1 medium-sized bowl full of vegetables (cut in small pieces) such as:
- cabbage and/or red cabbage
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ginger and paste (optional)
- red chilli powder (optional)
- turmeric powder (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup water
Firstly, before opening the Instant Noodle packages, break the noodles into small pieces. Open them and take the seasoning out. Don't throw it away.
You will need about 1 medium-sized bowl of cut vegetables such as cabbage, carrots, spinach and onions. Select your pick and throw them in the bowl. Additionally you can also add some peas or corn to it.
Break the egg in a small bowl and beat it. Add some salt.
In a medium pan, heat some vegetable oil on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste and stir till it sizzles for about 30-40 seconds. Add a very small pinch of turmeric powder. Add the vegetables and a small pinch of red chilli powder. Add the noodle seasoning. Pour the egg on top and thoroughly stir it for about 5-7 mins, or until the vegetables are soft. Pierce the vegetables with a fork to check if they are soft.
After the vegetables are fried, add the noodles. You will probably need to add more oil at this point, about 1 teaspoon. Stir this thoroughly for 7-10 minutes or until the noodles get the colour of the seasoning. Remove the heat, cover the pan, and leave it for about 2-3 minutes.
Serve with ketchup. Enjoy!
Optionally, you can also make the noodles first and then cook and egg over-easy style and place it on top.
- A delicious, healthy meal!
- Shouldn't take more than 15-20 mins.
- Perfect meal for a busy student life.
- Ginger and garlic paste can be bought at any supermarket
- If you're too lazy to chop veggies, you can even buy bags of cut veggies in any supermarket