This is a quick and easy meal to make and relatively healthy too. You don't need to be very good at cooking so it is a good starting dish. It can generously serve two people or serve three if you are having a salad with it.
- 250g of pasta (shells or bows are best)
- A head of Broccoli
- 3 cloves of garlic
- an onion
- 4 table spoons of olive oil
- a teaspoon of dried crushed chili
- salt and pepper to season
- cheddar cheese to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
What you need
- One large pan
- One small pan
- One large frying pan
- A colander
- A cheese grater
1) Cut the broccoli into small pieces, you can decide how large you would like it
2) Thinly slice the garlic and onion
3) Boil a pan of water and add a teaspoon of oil and a pinch of salt to the pan then add the pasta and cook for the amount of time that is recommended on the packet.
4) Gently heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and after about minute add the onion, garlic and crushed chili leaving it to cook gently and stir keeping an eye on it removing it from the heat when they start to brown.
5) Five minutes before your pasta is going to be ready put the broccoli on to boil in the smaller pan
6) When both the broccoli and the pasta are ready drain then and then add them to the frying pan with the onion and garlic and stir well so it is well mixed.
7) Place on to plates and sprinkle with as much cheddar and Parmesan as you would like and the finish off with salt and pepper to season.
8) You may want to have this with some crusty white bread and butter to soak up the lovely spicy garlicy oil that is left at the end.