Recipe - irish buckrarebit
- Whatever other vegetables are in the fridge,
- Potatoes? (haven't tried them, but fried potatoes are great in omlettes)
- Worcester Sauce
- Cheese (double gloucester, red leicester, cheddar (mild) or combination of all three
- Very simple recipe: chop up all the vegetables, lightly fry them and grate the cheese.
- Then slap the vegetables and cheese in a little bowl, put sauce on, season, add a splash of milk and mash up with a fork.
- You should have already lightly toasted a couple of slices of bread, butter them and smear the gloop all over them, and put under the grill.
- Then poach an egg (break into boiling water, or use a poacher if you're untalented like me), and put it on top of the bread once done.
- Then eat, lie down ad do nothing for two hours.
© Copyright The Student Room 2017 all rights reserved
The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.
Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE