The sticky joys of brownies, rapido style!
- Your favourite beating instrument (you know you've got one )
- 20cm rectangular dish, line with greaseproof paper - should be able to fit comfortable in your microwave, really; so if 20cm is too big, go smaller. Don't go bigger, though; because otherwise the brownies will be too thin.
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 100g soft dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence (or vanilla flavouring if you can't find that; or - like me - your local Tesco don't stock it...)
- Optional: 100g chopped walnuts
Put chocolate and butter in a bowl and jam in microwave; HIGH power it for 1 minute, or until the chocolate is liquified.
Stir in all other ingredients, and have at it with your beating tool. Really have at it. Beat it to oblivion and back. Really, just let yourself go!
Pour the goop into your dish, and then cook on MEDIUM for about 6 minutes, or until it's just slightly sticky.
Let it cool (because otherwise, you'd have to drink it...) and then cut into squares.