Recipe - Pasta in Cream Sauce
Pasta: 100-150g per person
Double Cream: 150ml
Possible "extras" (pick and choose as you will!)
... and pretty much anything else you like...
1) Boil a kettle full of water. Empty into a large saucepan with a little cooking oil and salt, on a high heat. Wait until the water has reached a rolling boil, then add the pasta, and leave boiling, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta sticking, for 10-12 minutes.
2) While the pasta is boiling, put a little oil in a frying pan, and put on a medium heat.
3) The first thing (from the above list) to fry is the bacon. Cut the into small pieces, and put into the frying pan. Stir occasionally.
4) Next, slice the onions/spring onions/garlic and add to the frying pan. Continue to stir occasionally.
5) Wait until the bacon is well cooked, reduce to a low heat, then gently add the cream to the frying pan, stirring throughout.
6) At this point, add any of the pre-cooked meats (ham, salami) and "vegetables" (olives, sweetcorn, avocado). Stir well, and allow the cream to take on the flavour of the other ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Drain the pasta, and return it to the saucepan
8) Pour the cream sauce over the pasta, stir well, and serve.
This is a really easy meal, it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and cook, and in my opinion, it's extremely tasty!
Don't use oil when frying bacon.