Recipe - pizza - The Student Room
- 15oz of hard bread flour/ pizza flour (hard bread flour is easier to find)
- 2 tablespoons of yeast
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- half a teaspoon of sugar
- half a teaspoon of salt
- Tomato purée/ pasta sauce (pasta sauce may sound weird but a normal tomato and garlic pasta sauce tastes better than tomato purée!)
- Cheese (any kind....but a mixture of cheddar ans mozzarella gives the best taste!)
- Toppings-- can be anything you like!
- Oil (to grease the tray)
- Fill less than half a glass with boiling water and stir 2 tablespoons of yeast into it. Leave it for about 10 minutes
- Put the sugar and the salt into the flour and then sieve it all into a large mixing bowl
- Add the vinegar and the yeast to the flour
- Add a bit of hot water to the flour and knead it........keep adding very small amounts of water to the flour and knead it gently
- Make sure there are no dried bits of flour in the bowl and make sure the dough stays hard
- You either leave the dough in the bowl or out it on to an oven tray straight away......leaving it in the bowl is best
- Put the dough in a warm place and leave there for at least one hour.......the longer you leave it the more it will rise and the better it will taste!
- Tip.....if you are going leave the dough in the bowl then cover it with a clean and damp dish cloth....this will prevent it from drying, but don't do this if you're going to put it in an oven tray (to rise) as the dough will stick to the cloth
- Another tip.......if you problems picking the dough then put cooking oil on your hands
- Once the dough has risen, put the oven on
- Grease an oven tray and put the dough on it………..stretch the dough in to a circular shape and you can make the edges “stick up” if you want to
- Cover the dough with the pasta sauce or tomato purée….don’t put too much on
- Tip……..like I said before pasta sauce is better than tomato purée...but if you are going to use tomato purée then add a bit of water to it before putting it on the base and put too much on.
- Put on the toppings…………here you can put on anything you like!
- To give it that extra pizza taste and smell…..sprinkle a bit of oregano on the top of the cheese
- Put it in the oven for about 20+ minutes
- Eat straight away!
© Copyright The Student Room 2017 all rights reserved
The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.
Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE