1 large onion 1 yellow pepper 1 red pepper 2 fresh chillis or chilli flakes if you prefer 1 can red kidney beans 1 can green lentils 1 can chick peas 1 can or packet of chopped tomatoes
1) slice onions and add to pan, fry with some oil on medium heat. Meanwhile deseed the yellow and red peppers
2) add yellow and red peppers to pan. Fry till soft or starting to wilt
3) deseed and dice chilli - make sure you wash your hands well after this (rubbing your eyes after handling chilli is not nice) add to pan
4) add can tomatoes
5) open, empty and rinse all canned pulses - chick peas, lentils, red kidney beans
6) add this to the pan and bring to boil 7) simmer for about 30 min during this time if you are adding rice, boil/cook rice and dish up.
Personally i don't use rice and this dish is awesome as left over can be eaten cold/hot etc the next day and is even better then as spices etc have time to develop. Great for a mid night snack after a night out.