The insomniacs society
Welcome to the Wiki page for the TSR Insomniac's Society. The Insomniac society is a dual purpose society. It is first and foremost a fun place to be with some of the friendliest members on TSR, feel free to post any time of the day about any subject you want. Secondly if you do have any problems with getting to sleep them stop and by and we'll try and give you some tips.
Causes of Insomnia
|There are a variety of different reasons why a person can suffer from insomnia. Theres usually no single cause but its down to a number of different contributing factors. Which can include |
- psychological health problems such as stress or anxiety
- physical health problems such as asthma or pain
- medicines like those taken for asthma, vertigo and depression
- jet lag (for more information see Related topics)
- environmental factors such as noise, an uncomfortable bed or being too hot or cold
- lifestyle habits, eg eating late at night, drinking alcohol or using stimulants such as nicotine
Tips to help you get a good night's sleep
|This section is for tips on how to get a good night's sleep. If you have any of your own methods which you think will benefit others then please add them :) |
- Keep yourself active during the day
- Try and set up a regular sleep pattern
- Avoid caffeine and other stimulants late in the day
- Take a long hot bath before bed
- A glass of warm milk, horlicks or a hot chocolate before bed might help
The Insomniac's Society
What's on TSR?
| ||There is a lot more on TSR about . Why not take a look at some of these other areas? |
| || || |
© Copyright The Student Room 2017 all rights reserved
The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.
Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE