Welcome to the Wiki page for the TSR Insomniac's Society. The Insomniac society is a dual purpose society. It is first and foremost a fun place to be with some of the friendliest members on TSR, feel free to post any time of the day about any subject you want. Secondly if you do have any problems with getting to sleep them stop and by and we'll try and give you some tips.
The SocietyA society for those who cant sleep or just enjoy the night
MembershipThe Insomniacs' Soc has loads of members - find out who is in the soc & who the leaders are.
Our awesome members
- Craghyrax - The society mother
- wackysparkle - The society 'player'
- Rafael - Supports Man Utd but is ok, I guess ;-)
- Ribbons - The smilie queen
- Demon_AS - Is too cool for school
- SuperDaz - King of Drunk
- red_Rose - The resident (assistant) drunk
- Vesta - Will kill us with her large feet
- bright star - will miss her train tomorrow
- herecomestrouble - Hot chocolate anyone?
- Manalishi - Northern monkey
Causes of InsomniaThere are a variety of different reasons why a person can suffer from insomnia. Theres usually no single cause but its down to a number of different contributing factors. Which can include
- psychological health problems such as stress or anxiety
- physical health problems such as asthma or pain
- medicines like those taken for asthma, vertigo and depression
- jet lag (for more information see Related topics)
- environmental factors such as noise, an uncomfortable bed or being too hot or cold
- lifestyle habits, eg eating late at night, drinking alcohol or using stimulants such as nicotine
Tips to help you get a good night's sleepThis section is for tips on how to get a good night's sleep. If you have any of your own methods which you think will benefit others then please add them :)
- Keep yourself active during the day
- Try and set up a regular sleep pattern
- Avoid caffeine and other stimulants late in the day
- Take a long hot bath before bed
- A glass of warm milk, horlicks or a hot chocolate before bed might help
The Insomniac's Society
What's on TSR?There is a lot more on TSR about . Why not take a look at some of these other areas?
What do you want to do?