Nowadays, education expands beyond the classroom walls. New technologies have been eliminated the gap between classes and home learning. Furthermore, teachers have grown more of a facilitator than simply a dispenser of knowledge. The global spend on educational technology in schools and colleges is on the rise. With advanced technologies, pupils can cooperate with their classmates and teachers in and outside of the classroom easily. There are plenty of ways to include technology in teaching or learning to make lectures a more exciting and beneficial experience for the pupils.
Today, students have grown up with the new technologies, so schools and colleges should adapt to the ways students learn best. Moreover, it is essential to keep [students] engaged and prepare them for the real world. Here is a list of some of the most popular tech tools, including some that are widely used by the most teachers and pupils, that should be part of any teacher’s tech tool:
1. Cloud Computing: In today's fast-paced world, professors in institutions need to respond quickly to increase demands from students. In this challenging environment, cloud computing has become the most convenient tool for collaboration in both schools and the workplace. It eliminates the use of restrictive licensing and high cost associated with the traditional software. However, cloud computing is the best way to deliver education services more securely and economically.
2. Mobile Learning: Mobile devices have already provided students an easy way to study where and when they want. Today, you can find a wide range of educational applications in the online market that are widely used by the most students. By the end of this year, mobile traffic on the Internet is expected to surpass desktop traffic; and mobile users will be downloading 70 billion applications over smartphones and tablets.
3. Digital content: E-books provide students with several benefits, including reduced expenses and quick access to new information. As, the digital content is offered online for free; one can pick and choose desired book or information without going anywhere else.
4. Uses of Video for homework: Educational video is another tool that is widely preferred by the most tutors and learners. One can choose any subject area in order to find a plethora of video content, ranging from home videos on YouTube to expert programs on different websites. Today, one-third of students is accessing videos online to complete their homework and assignments.
5. Social Media: Social media platforms lets the students connected with each other in study sessions. Skype can be an ideal tool to keep in touch with the experts or even attend meetings online. Some other social sites or tools that can be used in teaching and learning are listed below:
• Wikispaces • Quora • Edmodo • Grockit • EduBlogs • Pinterest • Schoology • ePals • StudySync • Animoto • Kid Blog
These tools can help teachers or pupils to make study process fun, exciting, and more efficient.
6. Google Forms: Keep in touch with the students on a regular basis is quite difficult. Google Forms offer a perfect medium for teachers to check in with the classes and receive individual responses. Google forms help educators or learners to share and collect information. It is a quick and easy way to send a quiz to the students or organize a field trip. Most teachers use Google forms to collect contact information from the pupils. It can be an ideal options tool to collect homework and organize creative projects.
7. Flashnotes: Flashnotes allow you to upload your lecture notes and sell them to other pupils who need help or resources. The rating system yields the best note holders to get more traffic and business. It provides students with the general pool of knowledge to share their work with one another.
8. Flipped classroom: Flipped classroom can be an ideal option to share the lectures and presentations online for students. A flipped classroom is one in which pupils can learn valuable information at home through videos. Moreover, they can record lectures and complete activities in the classroom later. Flipped classroom encourage students to take the initiative to work at home.
Nowadays, education world is offering emerging technologies in teaching, learning, and creative inquiry. New education technologies are hitting the market constantly and making it accessible to students and teachers. However, technology is not the solution to education; it is only a tool to aid teaching and learning. The most challenging task is to choose the “best” tools while not losing sight of your goals for learning. Any teaching or learning concerning technology should be based on the theme and purposes of the class.
John Noles is an enthusiastic writer, currently working as a professional writer and editor at [dissertation writing] Moreover, he has teaching experience at postgraduate and undergraduate level in English literature.