Open Days at Northumbria University
The open day at Northumbria University provides you with information on what the university is like, what the campus is like and most importantly what to expect on the course you want to study. You can choose what parts of the open day you want to attend, and the university runs a bus service to each of the halls of residence so you can easily see what sort of accommodation you'll be staying in.
In addition to viewing the facilities and campus, you can meet with course leaders and chat to staff about things like funding, applications and scholarships too.
As well as this, the university organises open days for students who have applied to the university already, and campus tours for those who cannot attend the open day.
For up-to-date info on open days, visit the uni's website.
The year at Northumbria University is divided both into three terms and two semesters. Whether you will be part of the term or semester system is down to the course you're studying. The dates for 2015/16 are as follows:
- Semester 1: 14th September 2015 - 15th January 2016
- Semester 2 (new students): 11th January - 20th May 2016
- Semester 2 (continuing students): 18th January - 20th May 2016
- Autumn Term: 14th September - 11th December 2015
- Spring Term: 4th January - 18th March 2016
- Summer Term: 11th April - 3rd June 2016