Overseas qualifications

Similar to the A Levels, many universities in the United Kingdom also accept international students with alternate overseas qualifications, such as those listed below:

  • Australian State School Leaving Qualifications
  • Canadian Province Leaving Qualificatios
  • European Baccalaureate
  • French Baccalaureate
  • German Abitur
  • Hong Kong 'A' Levels
  • Irish Leaving Certificate, often referred to as 'the leaving'.
  • Malaysian Sijil Tinggi Persokolahan Malaysia (STPM)
  • Mauritius Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate
  • Singapore 'A' Levels (examinations set jointly by the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB), and the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES))
  • U.S. Advanced Placement Tests
  • SAT Reasoning Test and SAT II: Subject Tests
  • ACT Tests

There are other qualifications which may also be accepted. You should contact the university's undergrad admissions office for further information and advice.