The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

is there an interview for mathematics G100 ?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 141
inthebrain14
is there an interview for mathematics G100 ?

Not under usual circumstances (an unusual circumstance may be, for example, that you're 25).
Reply 142
Name: Sophia
Course: Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry
AS: Physics B
A2 Predicted: Chemistry A, Maths A, Biology A
Reply 143
Name: Vulgarity
Course: Mathematics
GCSE: 8A* 2A
AS: Chem - A Phy - A E Lit - B Gen. Studies - A
A2 predicted grades: Chem - A Phy - A Further Maths - AA
Other exams: English AEA - Merit
Reply 144
Name - Lauren
Course - Physcis (F303)
GCSE's - 7 A* 4 A
AS Levels (and grades)- Biology(A), Chemistry(B), Physics(A), Maths(A) and Further Maths(A)
A Levels (and predicted) - Biology(A), Chemistry(B), Physics(A), Maths(A) and Further Maths(A)

Also doing AEA Maths and Extended Project Qualification on Lasers
Imperial interview on the 27th!
Reply 145
Jellybabe
Name - Lauren
Course - Physcis (F303)
GCSE's - 7 A* 4 A
AS Levels (and grades)- Biology(A), Chemistry(B), Physics(A), Maths(A) and Further Maths(A)
A Levels (and predicted) - Biology(A), Chemistry(B), Physics(A), Maths(A) and Further Maths(A)

Also doing AEA Maths and Extended Project Qualification on Lasers
Imperial interview on the 27th!

Eep :eek:
Reply 146
Got an interview for Computing 5th Nov, result!
Reply 147
What day did you send your application off?
Reply 148
mituozo
What day did you send your application off?

7th October
Reply 149
etp
7th October

2 days before mine! Eek! Here's hoping for good news..
Reply 150
Course (deferred?): EE engineering
GCSEs/equivalent: 6A*s 2As
AS/equivalent subjects + grades:
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Maths - A, Further Maths - A, Physics - A, French -A Chemistry- A
Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc): N/A

I have a question, when do imperial usually send out their offers if we're not invited to interview?? Also do they have phone interviews for overseas??
dadude

I have a question, when do imperial usually send out their offers if we're not invited to interview?? Also do they have phone interviews for overseas??

There's usually no interview for oversas applicants, unless you really want to go.
Reply 152
xinolisss
There's usually no interview for oversas applicants, unless you really want to go.

but how would they know if I really wanted to go or not?
Reply 153
Name: Rasmus
Course (deferred?):Information Systems engineering with a year abroad.
GCSEs/equivalent:German Abitur
AS/equivalent subjects + grades:1.0
Predicted/actual subjects + grades:1.0

I am from Germany and got an invitation for an interview. The said that it is not necessary to come. Do you think I should go there? I mean is it a disadvantage not to come for an interview?

Rasmus
Reply 154
robotxy

I am from Germany and got an invitation for an interview. The said that it is not necessary to come. Do you think I should go there? I mean is it a disadvantage not to come for an interview?

Did they say they're making you an offer regardless of the interview?
Reply 155
Name: Megan
Reply 156
The Wrote:
-----------------------------------
We have received your application for HG6M MEng Information Systems Engineering (Year Abroad).I was wondering if you have any plans to visit London in the near future. If so, I would like to invite you to attend one of our interview sessions on:

5 November 2008
3 December 2008
14 January 2009
25 Feburary 2009

so you can learn something more about Imperial College. The programme starts at 1:00 pm with a sandwich lunch and talks about the course, Imperial College, and student life. This is followed by an interview and tour of the department and campus. The afternoon ends at 4:00 pm.

If you are unable to travel to London, or would like to come and met Dr Lucyszyn on a different date please get in touch.

Attending the interview is not compulsory and if you are unable to come to London we shall be able to make you an offer on the basis of your UCAS form.

Please let me know what you wish to do.
--------------------------------------------------
So should I go?
Reply 157
It sounds like they're just giving you an opportunity to see what Imperial's like for your sake. Go if you're seriously considering it but don't feel obliged to. Congrats, by the way.
etp
Got an interview for Computing 5th Nov, result!

Good luck - hope to see you in October next year!
dadude
but how would they know if I really wanted to go or not?

Well, you'd probably get an email like robotxy's a few posts up, or you just may not hear from them at all.

Last year I applied for Mech Eng. didn't get an interview at all, I had to write to them asking whether they wanted one, so they did say well if you'd like to come and visit on one of these dates to get to know Imperial, you are welcome and blah blah blah so it's up to you really, normally engineering isn't that hard on overseas students.

Latest

Trending

Trending