The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
jonnyofengland
Still not a word on my application from Imperial, but my BMAT results will be published on Monday, so I'm hoping it won't be too long after that before I find something out.

You spent £60 - £75 doing that disgusting excuse for an entrance exam for ***** and giggles? :lolwut:

not really. I was a late switcher from Medicine --> Computer Science. (Work Experience really put me off the idea of spending the rest of my life in a grimy hospital). I had already booked the UKCAT, so I thought, what the hell :P
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Got my offer yesterday, for computing
Reply 482
matheo!
how far is Imperial from Kings Cross??

i apply for the same course as u and got nothing except the acknowledgement.....

when di u send ur appplication?
ogloom
not really. I was a late switcher from Medicine --> Computer Science. (Work Experience really put me off the idea of spending the rest of my life in a grimy hospital). I had already booked the UKCAT, so I thought, what the hell :P

Ah right, at least you had a reason for booking it then.
MagicGopher
Got my offer yesterday, for computing

congrats...! Is it AAA? are u doing any extension awards?
matheo!

20-30 minutes by tube and under 10 more minutes for the walk from the station to Imperial. Then again, this is on a good day.
Reply 486
matheo!

take the piccadilly line from kings cross to south kensington. should be about 20-25 mins i think.
Reply 487
Name: it/9k
Course: Computing
GCSEs/equivalent: 4A*, 5A, 2B
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Maths A, Computing A, Further Maths A, Physics A, Economics B
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: AAAA (Dropped Economics)

Got an AAA offer.
Reply 488
Course: Mathematics, Optimisation & Statistics
Date of offer: 27 Nov 2008
GCSEs/equivalent: Malaysian Certificate of Education 12 1A
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Biology A Chemistry A Physics A Mathematics A
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: AAAA

Conditional Offer:woo: :woo:
Requirements: Physics A
Mathematics A
Chemistry A
nwlgui1
Course: Mathematics, Optimisation & Statistics
Date of offer: 27 Nov 2008
GCSEs/equivalent: Malaysian Certificate of Education 12 1A
AS/equivalent subjects + grades
: Biology A Chemistry A Physics A Mathematics A
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: AAAA

Conditional Offer:woo: :woo:
Requirements: Physics A
Mathematics A
Chemistry A
Congrats! By the way, you don't seem to have done Further maths. So is getting A in all maths modules not part of your conditional offer?
Course: Civil Engineering with a Year Abroad
Date of offer: 2nd Dec 2008
GCSEs/equivalent: 10 A*
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Spanish A, Physics A, Maths AS + A2 B, Chemistry B. Further Maths A Level this year :eek:
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: AAAAA

(Very!!) Conditional Offer: AAA including Maths & Physics, with As in all A Level Maths modules.

When they say A in Maths modules, do they mean in just Maths or Maths and Further Maths? :eek:

I'm thrilled because I loved the place but at the same time very very nervous! I know my AS results weren't as they should've been and so I'm going to work hard at my Jan exams and resits and then see if I'm going to accept the offer.
Well done to all of you though!!! :biggrin:
Reply 491
me, myself and I
Course: Civil Engineering with a Year Abroad
Date of offer: 2nd Dec 2008
GCSEs/equivalent: 10 A*
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Spanish A, Physics A, Maths AS + A2 B, Chemistry B. Further Maths A Level this year :eek:
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: AAAAA

(Very!!) Conditional Offer: AAA including Maths & Physics, with As in all A Level Maths modules.

When they say A in Maths modules, do they mean in just Maths or Maths and Further Maths? :eek:

I'm thrilled because I loved the place but at the same time very very nervous! I know my AS results weren't as they should've been and so I'm going to work hard at my Jan exams and resits and then see if I'm going to accept the offer.
Well done to all of you though!!! :biggrin:

CONGRATULATIONS! By the way, when did you have ur interview?
Reply 492
Does anyone know what's wrong with Imperial's mail?? I'm trying to send them enquiry about changing course in application but all I always get is "your message couldn't be delivered" and something about Imerial's mailbox capacity. Is it possible that their mailbox is full and they can't receive anything? I've tried to send mail on two adresses and the same thing happens every time.
HELP!
Reply 493
Mia_Zg
Does anyone know what's wrong with Imperial's mail?? I'm trying to send them enquiry about changing course in application but all I always get is "your message couldn't be delivered" and something about Imerial's mailbox capacity. Is it possible that their mailbox is full and they can't receive anything? I've tried to send mail on two adresses and the same thing happens every time.
HELP!

ME TOO
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Course : Physics 4 years F303
Details : AAA maths physics one other
Interview was on 27th
Offer recived 03/12/08

Very happy!! :smile::smile::smile:

AS grades: aaaa Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry

Predicted grades: AAAA

P.S i totally screwed my interview so im pretty lucky to get an offer
Reply 495
charlie123
Course : Physics 4 years F303
Details : AAA maths physics one other
Interview was on 27th
Offer recived 03/12/08

Very happy!! :smile::smile::smile:

Congrats.

Can you please edit your post to include your grades and things as requested in the first post? It's useful for other applicants.
okay
sth
CONGRATULATIONS! By the way, when did you have ur interview?

19th November :smile:
Thank you so much, by the way!! And good luck with yours :biggrin:
Reply 498
Course: Civil Engineering H201
Details:AAA (Maths + Physics) "You will also be required to obtain A grades in all your A level Mathematics modules.:eek:
Interview 19th November
Offer Received 3rd December

Does this include FM modules like FP3 etc??? or just those I'm cashing in for A Level Mathematics?

GCSEs:6A*5A +2A* IGCSEs

AS: our school doesnt cash in but AAAA in Maths, Furthur Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

Predicted 5A's at A2 (inc. general studies lol)
Reply 499
azhao
Course: Civil Engineering H201
Details:AAA (Maths + Physics) "You will also be required to obtain A grades in all your A level Mathematics modules.:eek:
Interview 19th November
Offer Received 3rd December

Does this include FM modules like FP3 etc??? or just those I'm cashing in for A Level Mathematics?

Naa, they only mean straight maths, not Further maths. Interesting that they specify this for Engineering but not Physics :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending