The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
jonnyofengland
Surely if you were going to lie you'd pick something more academic sounding than Design Product though?

Thats true. But then again surely if you were that intelligent you would do the same anyway :p:.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Mithra
Thats true. But then again surely if you were that intelligent you would do the same anyway :p:.

Fair enough. :wink:
Reply 582
Yep, you can not have an offer without an interview for engineering.
Reply 583
pow1990
Yep, you can not have an offer without an interview for engineering.

Not true, my friend got an offer for civil engineering at Imperial without an interview, though he is abroad.
i got my offer for computing today... im going to edit my post...!
Reply 585
Name: Mateusz
Course: Physics F303 (i think its F303...)
Predicted grades: IB High: Physics 6 (-.-), Maths 6, History 6.5, Standard: Chemistry 7, German 7, English 6 Total: 38/9 (w/o EE and ToK) and yes we aren't supposed to know the grades but i calculated them myself :P

I already had my interview and i'm hoping for an offer :wink:

Gl to everyone else!
Reply 586
GOT AN OFFER!!!

I'm so happy :biggrin:
Reply 587
marcosgll
Hey! I've applied to study Biochemistry at Imperial College, and I received an e-mail telling me that I was made an offer. It has been two weeks now and I know nothing from UCAS. ¿Should I call them? I really want to know the terms of my offer...

Don't worry, it was 4 weeks before mine appeared on UCAS.
Reply 588
Having been rejected by Oxford, Imperial is now most likely going to be my firm (and I have an almost unconditional offer from them so I should end up there (I don't need to pass any exams)).

Sorry about not keeping the thread up to date lately - will get to it once the depression wears off.
Reply 589
Swayum
Having been rejected by Oxford, Imperial is now most likely going to be my firm (and I have an almost unconditional offer from them so I should end up there (I don't need to pass any exams)).

Sorry about not keeping the thread up to date lately - will get to it once the depression wears off.

Aww bad luck man :frown:, god knows how they could have rejected you with those grades :eek:.

Hopefully be seeing you next year then :p:, I'm fairly certain Imperial will be my top after my Cambridge rejection comes through :biggrin:.
Reply 590
If i get rejected from the LSE, i honestly can't think how to decide between Warwick and Imperial. Hopefully i won't have to choose.
Reply 591
Swayum

Oxford rejected you?! :O no wayyyyyyyyy i was certain you'd get in! Try not to stay depressed for too long, just think about the good things Imperial will bring you! You did very well in getting your grades and getting an interview at Oxford and an unconditional from Imperial.
:hugs: I know how you feel though, I also got rejected from Oxford and shall be firming Imperial soon.
Swayum

damn... they just thought that u are tooo good for them...that could be the only reason... seriously...!
Reply 593
Just found this thread!

Name:hoodle15
Course (deferred?):medicine (09)
GCSEs/equivalent:9A*s + 1A
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Chemistry-A; Biology-A; Maths-A; Spanish-A; Critical Thinking-A.
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Maths-A; Chemistry-A; Biology-A; Spanish-A; Critical Thinking-A; General Studies.
Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc):BMAT- 6.4, 5.3, 9.0

Still havent heard anything from them!
Swayum

Sorry to hear that man.

I'm almost certainly going to be in the same boat as you any day now - except Imperial haven't even bothered to acknowledge me yet. :frown:
hoodle15
Just found this thread!

Yeah, me too.
Name: James
Course: Mathematics with a year in Europe(G104)
GCSEs: 7 As, 3 Bs
AS subjects:
Maths-A,French-A,Classical Civilisation-A,Psychology-A
Predicted/actual subjects + grades:
Maths-A,Further Maths-A,French-A,Psychology-A
Decision: Offer made. AAA + A in all maths and further maths modules. Will need to email them and ask about my January results to see if I will firm it or not.
Reply 596
Thanks everyone for the support.

kcfch
I know how you feel though, I also got rejected from Oxford and shall be firming Imperial soon.

Ah, too bad, they just don't know what they're missing :p:. But that's cool, I might see you next year then! Do you have an unconditional?
Reply 597
Swayum

Ah, too bad, they just don't know what they're missing :p:. But that's cool, I might see you next year then! Do you have an unconditional?

I will be joining the drowning of sorrow come January. I know I've been rejected, every time I think about it I can only conclude in being rejected but I have this horrible nugget of 'but maybe..' that will not shut up :frown:

Commiserations, Swayum.
Reply 598
Swayum

Indeed, they don't know what theyre missing, Imperial's gain and Oxford's loss honestly :smile: And yeah, I'm sure I will be seeing you next year! I have an unconditional as I'm on a gap year and finished A levels already.
Reply 599
Quick question: how many people doing maths have heard back by now? A few, some, most? I'm getting a little concerned about when exactly I'll get an offer (if at all, my hopes aren't high after Oxford).

Latest

Trending

Trending