The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Swayum
Well done on the offer :smile:. Could you please post all the details asked in the first post? It's useful for other applicants (particularly those applying next year).

Oops sorry will do :smile:

Name: abel10
Course (deferred?): Civil Engineering, received 19th Dec.
GCSEs/equivalent: 9 A*, 1 A

AS/equivalent subjects + grades:
Results: Maths (A) Physics (A) History (A) Art (A)
Predicted: Futher Maths (A)

Predicted/actual subjects + grades:
Results: German (A)
Predicted: Maths (A) Physics (A) History (A)

Decision: Will be my firm if I get home status :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Think it's about time i posted this :wink:

Name: Paolo
Course (deferred?): Mathematics with Applied Physics/Mathematical Physics
GCSEs/equivalent: none
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: aaab maths, physics, italian, business
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: AAAA predicted maths, further maths, physics italian
Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc):
Decision: Acknowledged

Hopefully reply soon the wait is killing me :eek3:
Reply 1262
Emc2
You haven't added me to the list yet! :P

Sorry, not sure how I missed you (been a bit busy with modding/new job). Added now :smile:.
That's my last interview out of the way. It was alright - certainly not great, but not a total disaster. Wouldn't be surprised to get a rejection from there though. Loved the place, the tour was amazing (and the Ethos building is one of the greatest places I've ever seen :love:) and the students really showed their enthusiasm. But an interview with 5 panelists? ******* hell that's unnerving!

Oh, and if you're the guy who had an interview at 2.45 today, I really hope you're reading this, because I feel I have a moral obligation to tell you that you are such a degrading, hypocritical pathetic excuse for a human being, and I sincerely hope I never meet anyone with the same attitude as you again.
Reply 1264
jonnyofengland
That's my last interview out of the way. It was alright - certainly not great, but not a total disaster. Wouldn't be surprised to get a rejection from there though. Loved the place, the tour was amazing (and the Ethos building is one of the greatest places I've ever seen :love:) and the students really showed their enthusiasm. But an interview with 5 panelists? ******* hell that's unnerving!

Oh, and if you're the guy who had an interview at 2.45 today, I really hope you're reading this, because I feel I have a moral obligation to tell you that you are such a degrading, hypocritical pathetic excuse for a human being, and I sincerely hope I never meet anyone with the same attitude as you again.

5 panelists :zomg:? Good lord! I'd freak out :tongue:.

What did the guy at 2.45 do?
Mithra
5 panelists :zomg:? Good lord! I'd freak out :tongue:.

What did the guy at 2.45 do?

He was shameful. A brief background: we're all sitting in a room, having a bit of a chat about the application procedure. First thing comes up, the BMAT. Someone tells us he got 18.1 (a pretty good score) and he loudly barks out "Good Lord, what went wrong? You must have been having an off day". Then, when someone mentions they got 10.5 in section 3 he comes out with "Yes, I only got 13.5. Shame really, I would have loved to get 15."

Later, someone asks him if he's nervous to which he responds, knowing full well that the guy next to him has got no offers, "Well, I would be if I didn't have any offers, then I'd be so nervous". He belittled some person about who was going to be interviewing them, laughed at another person responses and just generally was a despicable person.

I picked him up on it at least twice about things like his BMAT comments, and his only response was "Oh really?" in such a smug, superior, condescending way. He even had a dig at LMH (my College in Oxford) by saying how far out it was, and when I corrected him he laughed at me and said "Oh, well it must have moved since you were there".

His attitude completely disgusted me - he went out of his way to make others feel uncomfortable and nervous before their interview just to give himself the best possible opportunity. It may just have been an act, but for me he symbolises everything bad that I've encountered in the whole admissions process for Medicine.
Has anyone who had a Physics interview on Tuesday 17th February heard back yet?...I'm getting nervous :redface:
Reply 1267
LadyJaneGrey
Has anyone who had a Physics interview on Tuesday 17th March heard back yet?...I'm getting nervous :redface:

Wow, has the physics department managed to create a time machine? :tongue:
Reply 1268
jonnyofengland
He was shameful. A brief background: we're all sitting in a room, having a bit of a chat about the application procedure. First thing comes up, the BMAT. Someone tells us he got 18.1 (a pretty good score) and he loudly barks out "Good Lord, what went wrong? You must have been having an off day". Then, when someone mentions they got 10.5 in section 3 he comes out with "Yes, I only got 13.5. Shame really, I would have loved to get 15."

Later, someone asks him if he's nervous to which he responds, knowing full well that the guy next to him has got no offers, "Well, I would be if I didn't have any offers, then I'd be so nervous". He belittled some person about who was going to be interviewing them, laughed at another person responses and just generally was a despicable person.

I picked him up on it at least twice about things like his BMAT comments, and his only response was "Oh really?" in such a smug, superior, condescending way. He even had a dig at LMH (my College in Oxford) by saying how far out it was, and when I corrected him he laughed at me and said "Oh, well it must have moved since you were there".

His attitude completely disgusted me - he went out of his way to make others feel uncomfortable and nervous before their interview just to give himself the best possible opportunity. It may just have been an act, but for me he symbolises everything bad that I've encountered in the whole admissions process for Medicine.

Good lord. He sounds absolutely horrific. I assume he at least got in to Oxford or Cambridge? Otherwise if I were you I'd have given him a right dressing down :tongue:.
Rite
Wow, has the physics department managed to create a time machine? :tongue:

Haha...thanks...edited now :wink:
Mithra
Good lord. He sounds absolutely horrific. I assume he at least got in to Oxford or Cambridge? Otherwise if I were you I'd have given him a right dressing down :tongue:.

I tried to, but at the end of the day I thought there was no getting worked up about it when I had an interview. If I see him again though...

And yeah, he got into Oxford. Enough to put me off going, tbh.

Oh missed a bit: He was moaning about how pathetic Birmingham is because they reject so few people after interview. The funny thing is - he still got rejected post interview! :rofl: How he could sit there with a smug grin like that, I'll never know.
Reply 1271
jonnyofengland
I tried to, but at the end of the day I thought there was no getting worked up about it when I had an interview. If I see him again though...

And yeah, he got into Oxford. Enough to put me off going, tbh.

Oh missed a bit: He was moaning about how pathetic Birmingham is because they reject so few people after interview. The funny thing is - he still got rejected post interview! :rofl: How he could sit there with a smug grin like that, I'll never know.

Ouch :sad:. Kinda puts you off the interview process entirely, if it can't weed out that kind of person from MEDICINE what kind of person does it let through for everything else? :tongue:

OT: Is that the olsen twins in your avatar? :eyebrow:
Mithra
Ouch :sad:. Kinda puts you off the interview process entirely, if it can't weed out that kind of person from MEDICINE what kind of person does it let through for everything else? :tongue:

OT: Is that the olsen twins in your avatar? :eyebrow:

It does make me angry. I know fantastic applicants with nothing, and then people like him can go around bullying others into failing just so they can show off about getting a lot of offers. Makes you sick that someone would want to do Medicine, which assumes they must have a philanthropic nature at heart, and then behave in such a pathetic way as well, tbh.

OT: :dontknow: Who knows? SInce I changed it, I've had so many questions like that - Samanda, somebody with the surname Cuthbert and now the Olsen twins. I have no idea, but I think it's an awesome pic - from a strictly arts view, of course. :tongue: Quite like the attention really, even though it was hard to move on from Lindsay Lohan. :sad:
Reply 1273
LadyJaneGrey
Has anyone who had a Physics interview on Tuesday 17th February heard back yet?...I'm getting nervous :redface:

No not yet....could be weeks yet :frown: (P.S I was the ginger girl you were talking to)
Reply 1274
Losh!
No not yet....could be weeks yet :frown: (P.S I was the ginger girl you were talking to)

Good lord more female physicists! :woo:
Losh!

Haha...the girl I was talking to at the begining (brown hair) is also on TSR :biggrin:

Who interviewed you?
Mithra
Good lord more female physicists! :woo:

Tom dear you really need to calm down...:rolleyes:

:biggrin:
Reply 1277
LadyJaneGrey
Tom dear you really need to calm down...:rolleyes:

:biggrin:

Female physicists are exciting enough but applying to Imperial too! Its madness I tell ya :eek3:
Reply 1278
Mithra
Female physicists are exciting enough but applying to Imperial too! Its madness I tell ya :eek3:

It's cuz I'm going there, you see.
Mithra

Mmm...the new head of Physics at Imperial's a laydee physicist, bet that went down well with you :wink: (or is it only the young 'uns that get you all :eek3:)

Latest

Trending

Trending