quantumphysicist91
Waiting on mech engineering as well.

Nice name :five:
Hope you get in :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Swayum
If you're applying to Imperial for 2009 entry or 2010 deferred entry this year, post your details and I'll add them to this first post for everyone to see :smile:.

Name: Judy
Course: BEng Computing
Offer: DDD in BTEC National Diploma
+ A in A-level in Maths
+ A in AS-level in Further Maths
Year of entry: October 2009
Finally I got an offer. At a first glance, I was so happy. Later, I got frustrated: they want me to get a 7 in mathmatics...
I know that even 6 is hard for me at this point, I have only one more month to study..
Reply 1503
proudofmyself
Finally I got an offer. At a first glance, I was so happy. Later, I got frustrated: they want me to get a 7 in mathmatics...
I know that even 6 is hard for me at this point, I have only one more month to study..

Which course?
Reply 1504
Name: Chris
Course (deferred?): MEng Computing (G401)
GCSEs/equivalent: AAAAaBBBBC (I messed up)
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: AAABE (Maths,Computing,Physics,Further Maths, Russian)
Offer:
A in Maths (already got enough marks)
A in Further Maths (need 69 marks in FP2/3/4 each)
A in Computing or Physics
Decision:
Firm
Offer I am soo happy :woo:

I will go and edit my original post sway.
Reply 1506
crazylemon
Offer I am soo happy :woo:

I will go and edit my original post sway.

Nice one! Well done :smile:.

judyrosati
Name: Judy
Course: BEng Computing
Offer: DDD in BTEC National Diploma
+ A in A-level in Maths
+ A in AS-level in Further Maths
Year of entry: October 2009

Congrats. Do you plan on choosing Imperial as your firm/insurance?

Well done to all the other recent offers too.
Name: Jay Shah
Course (deferred?): Joint Mathematics and Computer Science (GG14). 2009 entry.
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: AAABB (AS - Maths, Computing, Economics, Physics, Further Maths respectively)
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: AAAB predicted
Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc): N/A
Decision: Offer - AAAA (Maths, Computing, Economics, Further Maths). Firm.

:confused:
jayshah31
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: AAABB (AS - Maths, Computing, Economics, Physics, Further Maths respectively)

Awesome! Good luck :h:
QuantumTheory
Awesome! Good luck :h:

Aww, thanks. Good luck with yours as well :biggrin:
Reply 1510
jayshah31

4 As? :zomg:

Good luck :awesome: Gonna put it as firm?
Mithra
4 As? :zomg:

Yeah :frown:

Mithra

Good luck :awesome: Gonna put it as firm?

Thanks :awesome: Yeah (this was in my post, but probably easily overlooked :ninja:).

Anyone else wanted to wish me luck (or Further Maths tips, where Further Maths Tips>LuckFurther\ Maths\ Tips > Luck), please feel free :yep:
Swayum

Congrats. Do you plan on choosing Imperial as your firm/insurance?

Well done to all the other recent offers too.

Thanks! I don't know which uni should i choose. I like UCL better but everyone puts so much pressure on me to go to Imperial. I really need to think it over. Anyone has some advice?
forgot about this thread. you can update me to unsuccessful for medicine.
Reply 1514
Isometrix

Aww bad luck :sad: :bawling:
judyrosati
Thanks! I don't know which uni should i choose. I like UCL better but everyone puts so much pressure on me to go to Imperial. I really need to think it over. Anyone has some advice?

As cliche as it is, go where you like the most. If you like UCL over ICL, go there, because you don't want to be regretting your decision. Do account for whether the reputation of ICL (= highest average starting salaries and such things) outweight some think you don't like.

Isometrix

Sorry to hear that :frown:
Isometrix

Sorry to hear that too :frown: but don't worry! u got offer from leeds which is a very good uni :smile:
Mithra
Aww bad luck :sad: :bawling:

judyrosati
Sorry to hear that too :frown: but don't worry! u got offer from leeds which is a very good uni :smile:

jayshah31

Sorry to hear that :frown:

lol no worries, i got it back on the 20th february and only just remembered this thread.

ICL is a class institution, well done on getting a place there!
Reply 1518
abel10
Physics is going okay-ish, Unit 5 is easier than Unit 4 for me. I did not have a good Jan Phy 4 mark though so another resit! :frown: Phy 6 just scares me...

Umm I've lived in the UAE since..2004. Before that I was in Doha, before that Malta, before that Bahrain and before that London. I've travelled round quite a bit :P

Oh and I STILL havn't heard about home status, even though I called well over a week ago and they said I'd hear in the next couple of days. Arghhhh!

Thats annoying about the home status. I know a couple of people at school who are still waiting to hear from them about it.
I somehow managed 70/90 on unit 4. I'm a bit annoyed that it was so close to an A but at least I don't have to resit. It doesn't help that I have a physics class full of geniuses who get 90/90!
Oh, I spoke to someone last night who I think might know you! She used to live here and moved there last year. We were talking about uni and when I told her where I was going she mentioned your name.
Reply 1519
sophie..
Thats annoying about the home status. I know a couple of people at school who are still waiting to hear from them about it.
I somehow managed 70/90 on unit 4. I'm a bit annoyed that it was so close to an A but at least I don't have to resit. It doesn't help that I have a physics class full of geniuses who get 90/90!
Oh, I spoke to someone last night who I think might know you! She used to live here and moved there last year. We were talking about uni and when I told her where I was going she mentioned your name.

Don't complain about 70/90!! I somehow managed to get a C for the first time EVER, despite the fact I was averaging 85/90 in all my mocks. Reeeeally good. 70 therefore is fantastic compared to my major screw up.

Woahh no way. Hold on I'll PM you about that, I want to know who it is :smile:

Oh and yeah, STILL nothing, I think I should call them again on Monday as that would be 2 weeks after them saying I'd hear "soon".

Latest

Trending

Trending