Name: Kathy
Course (deferred?): Mechanical Engineering Meng
GCSEs/equivalent: European Bac
AS subjects + grades/equivalent: European Bac
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Predicted: 9.0-9.3 Average
Other grades (UKCAT/AEA/STEP etc):
Decision: Offer: 8.0 Overall, 8.5 Math, 8.5 Physics and 6.5 English
Going to make it my firm.
WAAHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! ive been waiting for this day for over 6 months!!!! :biggrin:DDDDD
kathyop
Name: Kathy
Course (deferred?): Mechanical Engineering Meng
GCSEs/equivalent: European Bac
AS subjects + grades/equivalent: European Bac
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Predicted: 9.0-9.3 Average
Other grades (UKCAT/AEA/STEP etc):
Decision: Offer: 8.0 Overall, 8.5 Math, 8.5 Physics and 6.5 English
Going to make it my firm.
WAAHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! ive been waiting for this day for over 6 months!!!! :biggrin:DDDDD

Congrats!
OK, I got one answer for this before but if you could be a bit clearer on it: is there any penalty if I firm my offer, get the grades and then decide not to go? Or is it OK? Of course I'm thinking right now that we firm them in August, because we don't get an unconditional offer til then...
On the other hand, why do people have to visit a GP?
Reply 1664
Sorry for my slowness in updating the list; I'll get to it tomorrow.

Puck_1991
OK, I got one answer for this before but if you could be a bit clearer on it: is there any penalty if I firm my offer, get the grades and then decide not to go? Or is it OK? Of course I'm thinking right now that we firm them in August, because we don't get an unconditional offer til then...
On the other hand, why do people have to visit a GP?

First of all, congrats on your offer :smile:.

Now regarding your actual question; I don't think it's guaranteed that you can pull out, but they'll almost certainly let you. You just phone up the university on results day and ask to be released. You also have to cancel your student loan. I did this last year for Warwick and they just wanted me to phone them and then write an e-mail asking to withdraw. Shortly afterwards, every time I logged onto Track, it'd tell me my application's withdrawn and then it'd auto log me out.

I think you should come to Imperial over your other university, by the way. Judging by your posts, your English is better than lots of people who do come here and get good grades. The only thing to worry about is if you actually know the technical terms of biology/chemistry/physics in English or not.

The GP thing is because they're medics and not allowed to have HIV and stuff.
You firm them now (or sometime soon) and they only accept you (unconditionally) once you get your grades in august

As for seeing GPs - there are forms they send us to fill in (medicine) which our GPs need to sign
Moronic Acid
You firm them now (or sometime soon) and they only accept you (unconditionally) once you get your grades in august

As for seeing GPs - there are forms they send us to fill in (medicine) which our GPs need to sign

The GP needs to sign to say we are uber awesome :yep:
Otherwise they don't let us in :frown:
crazylemon
The GP needs to sign to say we are uber awesome :yep:
Otherwise they don't let us in :frown:

Indeed - its all a popularity contest really :p:
Moronic Acid
Indeed - its all a popularity contest really :p:

:sadnod:
Reply 1669
As some people, I have applied for a Mechanical Engineering course, but I still don't have any answer...

Am I the only one ?
Fun! (I mean about the GPs).
Thanks for the answer Swayum. I'm on the verge of firming (I need to "up" my physics grade, but anyway) not sure yet though... And my parents have forbidden me to talk about it until next weekend.
GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutcase:
Name: fox_amro
Course (deferred?):Mechanical Engineering (H301)
GCSEs/equivalent:IGCSEs 5A* 3A
AS/equivalent subjects + grades:Maths A Physics A Computing A Chemistry A
Predicted subjects + grades: Maths A Physics A Chemistry A
Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc):n/a
Decision: OFFER ( AAA + A in all math modules )!!! BOLD GREEN ME SWAYUM
Reply 1672
fox_amro
GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutcase:
Name: fox_amro
Course (deferred?):Mechanical Engineering (H301)
GCSEs/equivalent:IGCSEs 5A* 3A
AS/equivalent subjects + grades:Maths A Physics A Computing A Chemistry A
Predicted subjects + grades: Maths A Physics A Chemistry A
Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc):n/a
Decision: OFFER ( AAA + A in all math modules )!!! BOLD GREEN ME SWAYUM

weeeeeee! =)
Wohoo! Offer for Biomedical Science! :jive:
btw Swayum I updated my initial post for you!
kathyop
weeeeeee! =)

Did you decide where you're going?
Reply 1675
THIS MAY CONCERN ANYONE WHO IS STILL WAITING

Today I called IC's admissions officer, gave her my UCAS ID, so she told me that a decision has been made but she cannot tell the decision through the phone. She also said that all decisions has been made, and they will be available on the UCAS today night, tomorrow or maximum Friday morning.
It seems that our long waiting journey will soon come to an end!
Reply 1676
Congrats on the offers people
kutob

Today I called IC's admissions officer, gave her my UCAS ID, so she told me that a decision has been made but she cannot tell the decision through the phone. She also said that all decisions has been made, and they will be available on the UCAS today night, tomorrow or maximum Friday morning.
It seems that our long waiting journey will soon come to and!

WOW, really... Don't know I should feel excited or worried.:eek: :s-smilie: :frown:
A bit of both I think.
good luck to everyone.
:yes:
kutob

It seems that our long waiting journey will soon come to an end!

Is this for all subjects or just for your one?
Reply 1679
lostphotobooth
Is this for all subjects or just for your one?

Well I'm not really sure, but it is certainly true for engineering courses, as the officer informed me.

Latest

Trending

Trending