The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

vin
Just watched ep 6 of Noein, its quite interesting.

Noein is generally one of the most interesting anime i have watched:smile:
Reply 8721
I meant to finish Noein this week - got sidetracked reading Bakuman though :s-smilie: Ah well I have a week off next week, I'm sure I can spend some of it indulging in anime and writing reviews/blog entries/the autumn preview thread :h:
caraniel
I meant to finish Noein this week - got sidetracked reading Bakuman though :s-smilie:

Oh - i have been intending to read bakuman at some point very soon - tsugumi ohba and takeshi obata are legends in my eyes with what they accomplished with death note.:smile: So are you enjoying Bakuman?
Reply 8723
Has anyone used crunchyroll today/recently? And did you have an advert in the middle? I've watched two episodes today (one in the afternoon, and watching one now) and both times at about 9 minutes the advert before it starts started playing again with the episode paused. :fuhrer:
Reply 8724
Truered
Has anyone used crunchyroll today/recently? And did you have an advert in the middle? I've watched two episodes today (one in the afternoon, and watching one now) and both times at about 9 minutes the advert before it starts started playing again with the episode paused. :fuhrer:

No.:smile:
Anyone watched the latest episode of phantom requiem for the phantom?

Spoiler

woohoo Kyon finally did something :party: the Endless Eight is over :woo: the ending to that ep was actually really good :yes: kind of felt like the ending of the series :tongue:

Haruhi's reaction to Kyon :rofl: and Mikuru crying more and more by each ep :mmm: also some of the voice acting of Kyon in that ep :mmm:
Yurumates didn't disappoint. Very funny, brilliant voice cast and different but nice animation, not bad at all for a one-off 30 minute OVA. Must get hold of the theme song too. :yes:
Just finished episode 68 of 'One Piece' and need to... ramble.

Spoiler

Reply 8729
Kagutsuchi
Just finished episode 68 of 'One Piece' and need to... ramble.

Spoiler

Regarding One Piece:

Spoiler

Anyway, I've just spent the past few hours finishing off the remaining four episodes of 'Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka'. Expectantly, the series picked up as it approached its final, and whilst there were quite a few loose-ends (which I don't believe the scriptwriters had any intention of filling anyway), the series concluded on a nice note.

Overall, as mentioned earlier, this series was distinctly average, but kept my interest all the way through. The characters, whilst unoriginal, were likable, including the male-lead. To label this 'ecchi' or even a 'harem' is not really fair (although there, it's very mild compared to most), and is more of a love triangle, but even this isn't that pertinent. So, all in all, if you're looking for something easy to watch and you've exhausted just about every other comedy romance series, seek this one out. 3/5 from me.
Reply 8730
124 wonderwall
Oh - i have been intending to read bakuman at some point very soon - tsugumi ohba and takeshi obata are legends in my eyes with what they accomplished with death note.:smile: So are you enjoying Bakuman?

I've really enjoyed it - read 33 chapters in the last 3 days :mmm: Its completely and utterly different to Death Note though; Bakuman is about a pair of young mangaka attempting to make it big in Weekly Shounen Jump - its a rather enlightening window into the world of the mangaka and goes into quite a lot of detail about how you get a manga published and serialised. Obviously it doesnt make for a lot of high drama - rather its more slice of life, but still very fast paced (I think nearly 2 years have passed in these 33 chapters). I hope it continues to interest, but clearly Ohba and Obata know what they're talking about - a mangaka duo producing a manga on a mangaka duo :giggle:

Truered
I used it yesterday to watch Shippuuden and Gintama, but I don't get any Ads at all - maybe because I have Anime Membership on Crunchyroll? :dontknow:
From ANN:

6 Gundam Unicorn to Be 50-Minute OVAs

The Gundam Big Expo event in Tokyo and the official website for the anime adaptation of the Gundam Unicorn novels have confirmed on Friday that the anime will launch in the spring of 2010 in the form of six original video anime volumes of 50 minutes each. The anime will be presented on Blu-ray Disc and DVD, shown at events, distributed through unspecified means, and exhibited overseas.

The original Gundam Unicorn novels are set in the same Universal Century (UC) timeline as Yoshiyuki Tomino and Sunrise's first Mobile Suit Gundam science-fiction television anime series and its sequels. Fukui finished serializing the novel version in the August issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Shonen Ace magazine in June. The final two compiled book volumes, #9 and #10, will ship in Japan on Monday.

Novelist Harutoshi Fukui had already confirmed in an interview on Wednesday that the first anime episode will incorporate material from the first two novel volumes. Although Fukui said that the anime will be a "reconstruction" with new ideas developed between himself scriptwriter Yasuyuki Muto (Afro Samurai: Resurrection, Le Chevalier D'Eon, Persona -trinity soul-), he emphasizes that it is faithful to his original work.

The Sunrise anime studio had previously announced that the project will launch this winter. Sunrise had not specified the release format of the anime version until now, and Kadokawa Shoten had retracted two magazine articles which described the project as a television anime. The animeanime.jp news website reported in April that Sunrise is planning to release the Gundam Unicorn anime around the world simultaneously.

Bandai Visual's press release confirms that worldwide simultaneous release will launch next spring. Kadokawa Shoten has published over 1.8 million copies of the first eight novel volumes. The story is originally set in the year 0096 of the Universal Calendar timeline, or three years after the Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack film which marked the final joint story of the original two main characters, Amuro Ray and Char Aznable. English is confirmed as one of the several languages into which Gundam Unicorn will be translated.
Reply 8732
Oh I was hoping it would be a series :s:
Reply 8733
I've read the MS Gundam Unicorn light novel series, it was not bad, but not the best from the franchise, in my opinion. I'm still looking forward to seeing how Sunrise adapt it. Also, I didn't expect the adaptation to be a fully fledged series (which for Gundam is typically 50 episodes, or thereabouts), simply because the material available is not remotely long enough.
Reply 8734
I figured it would be OVAs too, especially when I heard rumours that it was going to be streamed on Bandai's site in 10 languages. Still looking forward to it :yes:
Reply 8735
caraniel
I figured it would be OVAs too, especially when I heard rumours that it was going to be streamed on Bandai's site in 10 languages. Still looking forward to it :yes:

How have you found the UC timeline, out of interest? :smile:
Just about to start Genshiken, only because I read the synopsis and though "oh dear God, this is about my life...".
Reply 8737
ChunkymunkyDJC
Just about to start Genshiken, only because I read the synopsis and though "oh dear God, this is about my life...".

Paradise Kiss was a little like that for me. It's a good series, you should enjoy it. :yes:
Reply 8738
ChunkymunkyDJC

I started the anime a few days ago. Was amusing (and a bit embarrassing) to find traits I associate with me in various characters. And of course seeing characters like people at my University anime society :mmm:
Reply 8739
10 different laguages :beard: engrish french...u ......this would be easier if I could think of more languages with L in them :s:

Oh well nevermind :smile:

Latest