The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Bismarck
Why? What happened?

Nothing, they just had really big notices that if they didn't hear back within 10 days, that you would forfeit your housing. And I really don't want that to happen to me.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 121
international hall for me....
Earlham
Nothing, they just had really big notices that if they didn't hear back within 10 days, that you would forfeit your housing. And I really don't want that to happen to me.

Ouch. At least you heard from LSE I guess. :frown:
Reply 123
Bismarck
Ouch. At least you heard from LSE I guess. :frown:

I know, I know. I wasn't tryingt to rub it in your face. But it would really suck to lose the housing because a fault with the mails.
Earlham
I know, I know. I wasn't tryingt to rub it in your face. But it would really suck to lose the housing because a fault with the mails.

Did you try contacting the accommodations office?
i got email and postcard. It said that they will take the money out of account next week(if paid by credit card).
Reply 126
When did you get the stuff back? Are you in the UK?
Called the Accommodation Office and they said they only recently sent information to the intercollegiate halls so I should be hearing directly from the halls soon. I suppose no one's got offers from UoL halls yet?
Reply 128
And Bismark, I just sent them a second e-mail. They never responded to the first one.
Reply 129
confused?
i got email and postcard. It said that they will take the money out of account next week(if paid by credit card).

What are you reffering to? :confused:
Reply 130
Earlham
Has anyone else gotten their confirmation postcard back from LSE or seen that the school has charged the accomodations deposit from their bank account? They're making me very nervous.... :frown:

You could call them up to ask if they've received your documents and deposit. I did that today and they told me they had and will be cashing in around next week.
Reply 131
dpali
You could call them up to ask if they've received your documents and deposit. I did that today and they told me they had and will be cashing in around next week.

That's not a bad idea. I'll see if they answer my e-mail, but I think it's already too late to call today.

Thanks! (did you not get anything acknowledging receipt, either?)
Reply 132
CNN Center
Called the Accommodation Office and they said they only recently sent information to the intercollegiate halls so I should be hearing directly from the halls soon. I suppose no one's got offers from UoL halls yet?

No, not yet. Hope they'll hurry up...
Earlham
And Bismark, I just sent them a second e-mail. They never responded to the first one.

I sent them an e-mail in the morning, and got an automatic response saying that they won't get to respond for at least 3 days. A lot of screw-ups I'd wager.
Reply 134
Earlham
That's not a bad idea. I'll see if they answer my e-mail, but I think it's already too late to call today.

Thanks! (did you not get anything acknowledging receipt, either?)

Anytime :smile:

They sent me an email today saying the same thing the guy said on the phone. Completely forgot about sending in the postcard until the very last minute when I was sealing the envelope :redface:
Reply 135
How do you find out about how much deposit you have to pay? When do you have to pay it?
Reply 136
Xanthe
How do you find out about how much deposit you have to pay? When do you have to pay it?

I'm pretty sure that it was on the "more info about your dorm" page and on the list of conditions. It was £200.
Reply 137
Xanthe

About the deposit, it said so on one of the pages when I was filling up the provisional acceptance form online.

It's supposed to be paid within two weeks on receiving the email telling you about the accomodation offer.

Haven't you filled the provisional acceptance form? I sent off my deposit asap since they threatened to cancel the offer if they didn't get it on time. :mad:
Reply 138
Earlham
I'm pretty sure that it was on the "more info about your dorm" page and on the list of conditions. It was £200.

Let me check it now...
Reply 139
How can the deposit be paid? Banks here don't operate in pounds...

Latest

Trending

Trending