The Student Room Group

Putting the WRONG candidate number on EXAM!

Hey

Well I am in a complete panic because I just realised that I might have put the wrong candidate number on my maths and bio paper... DO NOT ask me how I did that, I'm such a ****:mad: Would they still mark it? I mean I am literally shaking because of the fact that they might reject it which means I will defo have to retake:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Hi, i wouldn't panic too much, i know of a few people who have left candidate number blank in my school as they wern't sure what it was, but the exams were still marked im sure :smile:
i feel sorry for you man:frown:
but i think your papers are gonna get marked hopefully as long as you have put your full name(im not sure on this but maybe someone can...)
Reply 3
Go and talk to the head of exams at your school, or ring the school now even and ask for their advice! The sooner the better, it may be that it can be corrected before the exams are sent?
Reply 4
I also got my candidate number wrong.. but i realised after i walked out of the exam, so i just got my examiner to check it for me.. you should do the same. No need to panic..
Reply 5
If you put your full name in legible handwriting then you should be fine. The folks at the exam board will notice that there are 2 people with the same exam number or someone with a non-existent exam number and will be able to sort it out. Trust me, when I worked for one, numerous people failed to put both name and candidate number yet still managed to get their results. Best thing you can do is to inform your exam officer at school and he/she will be able to let them know toso they can look out for it. Good luck.
if it has been sent off....as long as you have correcty put your name and exam centre number....you should be fine
Examiners (as in the people walking about for 3 hours and getting paid for it) check candidate number with name at my school (and probably also check the right name was sitting in the right seat).
Reply 8
trixx
If you put your full name in legible handwriting then you should be fine. The folks at the exam board will notice that there are 2 people with the same exam number or someone with a non-existent exam number and will be able to sort it out. Trust me, when I worked for one, numerous people failed to put both name and candidate number yet still managed to get their results. Best thing you can do is to inform your exam officer at school and he/she will be able to let them know toso they can look out for it. Good luck.

:lolwut:
Reply 9
All exam papers are electronically scanned before being sent to any markers. It'll probably flag up that your name and candidate number don't match where a real life person will probably look over your details and realise the mistake. I wouldn't panic, I expect that they have problem similar to this all the time. Best of luck with the rest of your exams!
facetious

yeah, what the ****? handwriting analysis? xD
Reply 11
Don't worry this is the reason they want you to put initials, name, signature on the paper. Just in case one of them is wrong you can be identified. If you have left them all out then it is a different matter, and you should get a U for being a halfwit in the first place!
Reply 12
-WhySoSerious?
yeah, what the ****? handwriting analysis? xD

:lolwut:
1 Formula

I mean, (apart from the signature, which could be illegible) you could only guess who it was through their handwriting, yeah?
Reply 14
Oh dear, you twit lol. Contact the head of your course asap!
Reply 15
dont worry im sure you'll be fine
Reply 16
don't panic! my boyfriend put the wrong candidate number on all his exams, but he still got his results. with your full name written on it plus the name of your school it'll be okay (:
Reply 17
Yeah I just rang the school up and they said they check all papers before they are sent off!
Thanks for the help guys!
I spelt my name wrong once (I corrected it before I left the hall). Clever me :p:
Reply 19
-WhySoSerious?
I mean, (apart from the signature, which could be illegible) you could only guess who it was through their handwriting, yeah?

lol yeh thats tru, I just wanted to do the :lolwut: emoticon, i love the look of it!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest