The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I guess the main thing is that nobody has been killed, I just hate hearing all this again :frown:
Reply 81
westminster tube has reopened BBC
Prad
Sounds like a really bad prank if someone's just letting off detonators on the underground.. Sky News just had an eyewitness on who said that someone ran onto the train, dumped a bag and ran off again before the doors closed. Apparently passengers tried to pin him down..

I think i have to agree, if they were proper bombs what is the chance that all 3/4 would fail? It's either a sick prank, or someone just trying to cause major panic

NB. this is my opinion not an official one
Reply 83
* gemchicken
I guess the main thing is that nobody has been killed, I just hate hearing all this again :frown:

Basically...
Reply 84
At a glance timeline:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703853.stm

Edit: unconfirmed reports of an injury at Warren St.
eyewitness described hearing "explosions that sounded like champagne corks popping."

"It's a complete mirror of the previous attack," terrorism expert Neil Livingstone told CBS News.

From CBS
Reply 86
If this is a hoax they should be publically shamed.
Reply 87
armed police enter london hospital
Reply 88
It could just be a sort of copycat attempt
Herleif Arkadios

Source?
Reply 90
Herleif Arkadios

Where the heck have you heard that..?!
Reply 91
PQ
Source?

ITN live streaming.
Reply 92
ITN its university college hospital they said.
Or maybe just a really big cock up on the terrorists' part? Maybe they constructed the bombs completely wrong so none would work properly. At the moment it is all just speculation. I also am completely disgusted that people could be annoyed that their journies will be disrupted. My Dad works near Green Park, which is completely closed and would be useless to him anyway since the Victoria line is shut down. I called him to tell him what happened, and he didn't go "WOE BETIDE ME, I might not get hope until late"; he was just concerned for people.
The London ambulance service said at 13.45 that there were no fatalities at the underground scenes. The British Transport Police said injuries were “limited” at this stage.

From FT.com
Reply 95
mmm unlikely.

Says they are sealing off the hospital now (BBC)
Reply 96
Police in Chemical suits are preparing to enter Warren Street station (Sky News)..

I'm pretty sure that's standard procedure after a blast to establish there's no chemical, biological or Nuclear materials involved..
Reply 97
viviki
ITN its university college hospital they said.

That's right by Warren Street, isn't it?
Reply 98
Beekeeper
This better not mean there will be delays for me tomorrow!!

I can't actually believe you said that. There are rather more important considerations than your insignificant trivialities.
Reply 99
One person injured at Warren St - BBC

Latest