The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Resit mark or failed mark on transcript?

hi all,

If I fail an exam (undergraduate) and pass it in next year's resit, will the resit mark or original failed mark appear on my final transcript (will be used to apply a job/further study)? And will there be any additional notes alongside the mark?

Plus could anyone explain a bit about this "Re-sit marks are not capped. No paper shall be taken more than three times and the mark obtained at the last attempt will be counted in the classification process. ", which is stated on the school's website.

Any comments or experiences would be appreciated!

Cheers:smile:
I'm not entirely sure about the final transcript, but I would imagine if it does show any module marks it'll show the newest mark. Besides which, presumably if you're applying for a job you only put your degree grade (1st, 2:1, 2:2 etc.) on your CV, not your individual module results.

"Re-sit marks are not capped"
If you resit a paper, you can still get 100% on it (i.e. there's no max grade you can get)

"No paper shall be taken more than three times and the mark obtained at the last attempt will be counted in the classification process."
You can only resit a paper 3 times in total, and if you do take it 3 times then the final mark will be the one you're given.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Pedsdude
I'm not entirely sure about the final transcript, but I would imagine if it does show any module marks it'll show the newest mark. Besides which, presumably if you're applying for a job you only put your degree grade (1st, 2:1, 2:2 etc.) on your CV, not your individual module results.

"Re-sit marks are not capped"
If you resit a paper, you can still get 100% on it (i.e. there's no max grade you can get)

"No paper shall be taken more than three times and the mark obtained at the last attempt will be counted in the classification process."
You can only resit a paper 3 times in total, and if you do take it 3 times then the final mark will be the one you're given.

Thank you Pedsdude, your comment is really helpful:smile:
Reply 3
ultimateclarity
hi all,

If I fail an exam (undergraduate) and pass it in next year's resit, will the resit mark or original failed mark appear on my final transcript (will be used to apply a job/further study)? And will there be any additional notes alongside the mark?

Plus could anyone explain a bit about this "Re-sit marks are not capped. No paper shall be taken more than three times and the mark obtained at the last attempt will be counted in the classification process. ", which is stated on the school's website.

Any comments or experiences would be appreciated!

Cheers:smile:

Just a matter of curiosity, at LSE is it possible to proceed to the next year with a failed module? I'm asking because at my uni, Manchester, it isn't possible.
Reply 4
storm10
Just a matter of curiosity, at LSE is it possible to proceed to the next year with a failed module? I'm asking because at my uni, Manchester, it isn't possible.
It is possible. However, fail any more than one and you do not progress.