The Student Room Group

Chavs next door, sitting on our wall, being loud & intimidating...what to do?

Ok, so basically outside our house is a wall and the people next door always come out and sit on it, especially during these summer months. They don't sit outside their own house / any other house on the road as the rest of the houses have just got fences around their front garden.

So basically they sit there usually being loud, often smoking, sometimes drinking / doing weed right outside our house (they're all around 20 and their mates come and hang round as well during the day).

I get quite annoyed about it. The whole area looks cheap because of their loitering around and it's embarrassing when people come round. In fact i feel intimidated on my way out / in when there's large groups of them sitting on & around our wall.

What do we do? We're too scared to say anything to them and don't wanna cause any conflict...

Scroll to see replies

Ask the local hunt to chase them down with hounds. People will care less then them going for foxes
Reply 2
I think it's wiser not to antagonise them because that'll probably make the whole situation worse. When you do pass by them, just act pleasantly and then at least there won't be a reason for the situation to get worse. I suppose if they loud play music during the night you could probably could ask them to turn it down. You could always replace the wall (if it's part of your property) with something that can't be sat on.
Reply 3
Go out there and set them the one bang.
Reply 4
Pray the Tory cuts will wipe out the animals.
Bat Bogey Hex.
Yeah it seems relatively tame atm. If you get pissy they will just rise to it and start messing up your lawn and stuff. Or set up an automatic sprinkler near the wall and have some fun.
Start a bonfire, use the chavs to maintain fuel
Reply 8
Smear the wall with vaseline
Reply 9
I think it's time we set-up a group of TSR elites called the Chav-Hunters. People post their problems and the area which needs some cleaning up, and we go down there and sort it in a good professional manner with flamethrowers, RPGs and sniper rifles.
Spikes on the wall?
Reply 11
Ring the police on them but ask them to make it look like their just walking around and make sure they dont come in to u after cos then ull get problems if they realise u called the police on em!
Reply 12
I am in the same situation but instead of chavs its scummy rah students.
Reply 13
Kreuzuerk
I think it's wiser not to antagonise them because that'll probably make the whole situation worse. When you do pass by them, just act pleasantly and then at least there won't be a reason for the situation to get worse. I suppose if they loud play music during the night you could probably could ask them to turn it down.

My dad told them to move once or twice ages ago, they did momentarily but then they always come back the next day. Anyway, he's passed away now and we're too wimpy to say / do anything.

It's not nice looking out our window and seeing their arses parked on our wall. We've never antagonised them otherwise though as we know they might end up slashing our tyres or something...

I can hear them right now...ugh. Guess there's nothing that can be done about it. It'd be nice to just move...
Reply 14
Gun license.. get one.
Use it.
If you do call the police, use the local number, not 999. Unless they're running at you with knives or something.
In my opinion, if they're outside your house, on YOUR property, you need to do something about it!!
Why should they have any right to sit on your wall? Yes, chavs can be intimidating so you dont want to say to them 'get lost.' get an adult to calmly go over to them and tell them to move kindly.
if that fails than just get in touch with the police because quite frankly they're invading your property!!
Good luck!!
Shag their mums innit :gangster:

Or, you know, stay on tsr. It's safe here...
Shoot to kill.
Reply 19
Put something on the wall. Like clear adhesive.

Latest

Trending

Trending