The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -honeybee-
You can still buy wagon wheels! But I've only seen plain ones and the jam ones were nicer :frown:

I see them all the time but they have shrunk from when I was younger and seem to taste less like chocolate coating then dry cheap hot chocolate mix and the mallow inside is almost non existant.

And the jammy ones have like a small amount about the size of a 1p piece and as thin as a bit of paper instead of coated in it.

I never understand how companies complain on one hand about decreased custom whilst a big reason for the decreased custom is down to making their products worse.

If the custom gets worse how can lessening the quality of the product bring in new or more customers?!

Btw saw some other wagon wheels recently in gold packaging think they were "double" chocolate.
Reply 241
Original post by drbluebox
I see them all the time but they have shrunk from when I was younger and seem to taste less like chocolate coating then dry cheap hot chocolate mix and the mallow inside is almost non existant.

And the jammy ones have like a small amount about the size of a 1p piece and as thin as a bit of paper instead of coated in it.

I never understand how companies complain on one hand about decreased custom whilst a big reason for the decreased custom is down to making their products worse.

If the custom gets worse how can lessening the quality of the product bring in new or more customers?!

Btw saw some other wagon wheels recently in gold packaging think they were "double" chocolate.

I've never seen the gold ones. There used to be some in a purple packet which I thought were chocolate but maybe only chocolate biscuit and the white mallow.

I agree they aren't very nice anymore but I thought it might just be me not liking them anymore. I haven't had any jam ones in years :frown: Everything seems to have changed taste, maybe it's from taking additives out?
I've never seen the gold ones. There used to be some in a purple packet which I thought were chocolate but maybe only chocolate biscuit and the white mallow.

I agree they aren't very nice anymore but I thought it might just be me not liking them anymore. I haven't had any jam ones in years :frown: Everything seems to have changed taste, maybe it's from taking additives out?

Cutbacks and just greed as companies arent happy unless profits get higher every year.

Mars UK factory for example is closing and many of their products made in Poland

Young's fish used to be made near my hometown in Annan Scotland but now they actually send SCOTTISH fish across to India then back again! The quality since they did so has not just slipped but been dragged through the ground yet the companies just want profit.
You can still buy them but they don't taste the same :frown:

They're called Frufoo yoghurts or something like that. There's a discussion about them somewhere further back in the thread and it seems like hardly anyone can remember them :s-smilie:

You can still buy wagon wheels! But I've only seen plain ones and the jam ones were nicer :frown:

That's it, thank you :smile: as for wagon wheels I've definitely seen the jam ones in Morrisons!
Reply 244
Original post by getfunky!
Whaa?
Im pretty sure that those bubble gums, pushpops/lollipops and love heart sweets are still selling .. :biggrin:high school days were wasted on them

tomorrow morning, I'm heading right to my newsagents and if they do still sell them I'm buying a tub of each of those bad boys haha
Reply 245
Original post by misst911
That's it, thank you :smile: as for wagon wheels I've definitely seen the jam ones in Morrisons!

Thanks I will have a look for them :smile:
Original post by jimjimmeny
Frys Chocolate Cream bars, still sold in some shops but now that the Bristol factory making them is being closed down, most places have stopped selling them and the rare place that does have a much higher price.

Not sure about England, but here in Scotland they're sold pretty much everywhere - supermarket, corner shop, you name it ! :smile: Although I've noticed that recently I haven't seen the orange or mint varieties, just the normal.
Reply 247
For me it was all about Peanut Lion Bars. Oh, how I miss them...
turkey twizzlers, god damn jaime oliver if you don't want to eat them fine but don't ruin it for the rest of us
Snickers spread, milky way crispy rolls, The polos that they sold it big packets and wrapped individually and were see through. The green ones were amazing!
Reply 251
Original post by bombproof_girl
Snickers spread, milky way crispy rolls, The polos that they sold it big packets and wrapped individually and were see through. The green ones were amazing!

You can still buy milky way crispy rolls! And you've just reminded me of those big plastic polos that had tiny polos inside! Wasn't mega keen on them but I haven't seen them for a while.
I can confirm you can still buy Wagon Wheels in most places (in fact you're most likely to find them in Poundland/Poundstretchers), but they are shadows of their former selves. As someone mentioned I think they took out all the "yummy" additives as the consistency and taste isn't as epic, and moreover, they're SO TINY nowadays.

And no, it's not "you got bigger, they stayed the same", they're genuinely WAY smaller!
Mmm just remembered gummy polos.
Original post by pinknipper
For me it was all about Peanut Lion Bars. Oh, how I miss them...

i definitely miss those:rolleyes: best chocolate bars.
Reply 255
Original post by Princesschickenbelly
Mint custard on chocolate sponge. Favourite dessert at primary school :love:

My fav was on choclate rice crispy cake...it would disintergrate and the chocolate would mix with the mint in the custard..yum!
does any one remeber the berry polos??
i spent the entirty of year 7 high on them things (about 6 years ago)

someone mentioned panda pops (i remember being on holiday and sliding down a slide in the pub garden with a panda pop) and vanilla cola.
also Missippi mud pie muller corners and, rum and raisin ones, and alabama fudge cake aswell.,

also does anyone remmber the multi packs of differant flavour quavers (like prawn cocktail and salt and vinegr quavers)
as for sunny D you can still get it in spain- i had it over the summer.
Original post by Leighthesim
does any one remeber the berry polos??
i spent the entirty of year 7 high on them things (about 6 years ago)

I do, because I hated the vile things. :puke:

Leighthesim

also Missippi mud pie muller corners

THANK YOU SOMEONE ELSE REMEMBERS. They were the absolute tits. I want one now :frown:
Rusks
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Rusks

You can still get Rusks in most shops.

Latest