The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Loved it all apart from the '3D' at the end :unimpressed:

I will wait for it to come out on DVD before i see it in 3D if i have to.
I'm really excited cos I move into my new flat on July 16th so me and my new flatmates are going together as a flat after moving in!

Of course I will be seeing it at midnight on 15th as well...but flat bonding and all (not that me and my flatmates aren't already bonded...just is nice doing things as a flat...oh shut up emily!)
Is watching in 3D compulsory? I know with Toy Story 3, you had the option to choose 'normal' or 3D.
Reply 1303
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Is watching in 3D compulsory? I know with Toy Story 3, you had the option to choose 'normal' or 3D.

There better be a 2D option. :colonhash:
Reply 1304

A lot of the time they go with "2D in selected cinemas" but seeing as this will be pretty big I guess that a lot of cinemas will have both! Would you rather 2D then?
Original post by Dragon
I'm really looking forward to seeing Snape's memories and the Potter/Dumbledore meeting in limbo in Part 2. They are two of the best moments in the books and both are very important to explaining the plot so I hope the film doesn't screw them up.

Limbo is my favourate moment in this book too, so mysterious yet revealing!
Original post by pinkpenguin
Best quote in the trailer = ultimate reuse of Voldemort's 'NYYYAAAHHHHHHH'
Now that you mentioned that I re watched the trailer and its very distracting. There were at least seven NYYEEAAHHHH's. What the hell is wrong with David Yates, was he taking some coke while directing this?

Observe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC9D78jxgtE
Reply 1307
That looks epic :coma:

I cannot wait, and as someone who hasn't read the books so doesn't know what happens I am even more excited.
Original post by Reformed2010
Now that you mentioned that I re watched the trailer and its very distracting. There were at least seven NYYEEAAHHHH's. What the hell is wrong with David Yates, was he taking some coke while directing this?

Observe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC9D78jxgtE

Brilliant. He's created his own version of the Wilhelm Scream. :teehee:

Original post by tface
A lot of the time they go with "2D in selected cinemas" but seeing as this will be pretty big I guess that a lot of cinemas will have both! Would you rather 2D then?

I would rather yeah. If the reviews say that 3D is absolutely spectacular and the film is made for 3D then I'll go for the 3D option, but as a general rule of thumb: 2D over 3D.
From the trailer. I've read about it, but seeing it... :indiff:

Can't wait, although this means I'll actually have to watch the first part now :frown:
I might go and see it in 3D the first time just so that I can hide my inevitable tears behind the glasses :') then go see it again in 2D. I usually end up going to see the HP films three times or so in the cinema anyway.

There's too much of Voldemort's NGGGGYEEEAAAHHHH-ing in that trailer :rofl: but it looks brilliant all the same (although I'm really not sure about the bridge jump part...)

Read about that scene? why have did they have harry and voldie jump together, just for added drama? :s-smilie:
Read about that scene? why have did they have harry and voldie jump together, just for added drama? :s-smilie:

As in from those who went to screenings. You can find the various reviews on the internet, not going to say them openly since it is 'spoilers' even for people who have read the book.

Since that's from the trailer, we can probably discuss it openly. Not sure why. It's such a nonsensical addition. 'Look I'll pull you off a building/cliff for some apparent reason, possibly because it looks cool on screen'. :awesome: But they have changed a lot of things, and some changes aren't good. Don't like this jumping off buildings together. Guess we'll see how it plays out. :dry:
Original post by Aj12
Whats the release date on part two?

Spoiler

Spoiler

As in from those who went to screenings. You can find the various reviews on the internet, not going to say them openly since it is 'spoilers' even for people who have read the book.

Since that's from the trailer, we can probably discuss it openly. Not sure why. It's such a nonsensical addition. 'Look I'll pull you off a building/cliff for some apparent reason, possibly because it looks cool on screen'. :awesome: But they have changed a lot of things, and some changes aren't good. Don't like this jumping off buildings together. Guess we'll see how it plays out. :dry:

I don't like it one bit. Silly silly silly.

I see, well I am weary of this added scene. How is it that Voldemort, the most powerful wizard at the time manages to let Harry not only come that close, but grab him and then force him off a cliff! I know his written as a stupid egoist villain by J.K but to let his guard down thst much? this is stupid. This isn't Percy Jackson or Twilight now. We going to have Harry punch Voldemort next? :rolleyes:
I see, well I am weary of this added scene. How is it that Voldemort, the most powerful wizard at the time manages to let Harry not only come that close, but grab him and then force him off a cliff! I know his written as a stupid egoist villain by J.K but to let his guard down thst much? this is stupid. This isn't Percy Jackson or Twilight now. We going to have Harry punch Voldemort next? :rolleyes:

Exactly. I know right. Although this is the same guy that spends 95% of his time with Harry in Goblet of Fire - talking. And then hands Harry back his own wand. :awesome:
Reply 1318
I am so bloody excited. It's literally going to be amazing whatever happens, i think, after the last few films, i've got a level of trust in Heyman, Yates and co. that there won't be anything ridiculous. And i'm sure that falling together scene can be explained. Hopefully completely out of context to make the trailer dramatic....

Loved the second or two of Snape we had there though, that's going to be intensely moving, without doubt.

I do think it'll be an interesting one to see about whether 3D's worth it, might well have to see it both ways, probably at least twice each!

Basically though, i'll be an absolute wreck in the cinema, and i've never yet cried at the HP films, this one's just going to mean so much more. End of childhood really...

PS. I think we all know Voldemort's got that interesting sense of fair play that many villains seem to have, don't think it'd extend to giving Harry a hug then going skydiving together though, that'd definitely be a bit odd..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1319
That was a bloody trailer. Cannot wait!

I was about to rant and rave about not being able to read it because of my dissertation. Nope. No rant. I had NO IDEA it was out in July! :biggrin: Yes! I get to re-read it before it's out. That's it. Whole series is being read, starting June 1. Good times indeed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending