The Student Room Group

JP morgan Schools Programme 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Competencies

:facepalm:

You're not very competent are you? Let me spell it out for you in the most basic of ways: While that scheme may not be explicitly linked to IB/Consultancy, the fact that it gives people some form of experience in the finance world means that they can put it on their CVs and talk about it in interviews.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Original post by tateco
What are you even complaining about? Who actually cares if it's not strictly IB or Consultancy, in this thread there is a lot of active people who are trying to get on as many insight days as possible, Doughnuts was obviously just trying to help people out by giving them a heads up for something that they'll probably be interested in applying to.

Stop making a big deal out of nothing.

He's just being petty because therealOG and I were complaining about how people kept talking about insight days rather than the JPM programme. :rolleyes:
Reply 341
For those who got onto RBS programme, use their travel service for expenses paid travel, just phoned them and got myself train/underground sorted for free, near enough £140 :smile:
Shame Morgan Stanley don't do the same, I need to catch a coach at stupid o'clock in the morning, since train prices are like £40 each way that day :/
Original post by Doughnuts!!
You're not very competent are you? Let me spell it out for you in the most basic of ways: While that scheme may not be explicitly linked to IB/Consultancy, the fact that it gives people some form of experience in the finance world means that they can put it on their CVs and talk about it in interviews.

First of all, you still don't seem to understand the purpose of an insight day, this one in particular. Also, the fact that you mention that it gives you 'experience' (which this one doesn't) in the finance world suggest it would be better placed in the finance sub-forum where people who actually want to work in a company like Deloitte (which do complete different work to an IB) are more likely to read it.

He's just being petty because therealOG and I were complaining about how people kept talking about insight days rather than the JPM programme. :rolleyes:

Second of all, if you're going to be a hypocrite, I'm going to call you out on it. If you want to be petty, I will too.
First of all, you still don't seem to understand the purpose of an insight day, this one in particular. Also, the fact that you mention that it gives you 'experience' (which this one doesn't) in the finance world suggest it would be better placed in the finance sub-forum where people who actually want to work in a company like Deloitte (which do complete different work to an IB) are more likely to read it.

Oh dear... Have you even read the link properly? :rolleyes:

Also, ANY form of experience in the finance world would be useful when applying to Spring Weeks etc as not everybody can be fortunate enough to get experience/go on insight days with IBs.

Second of all, if you're going to be a hypocrite, I'm going to call you out on it. If you want to be petty, I will too.

You're calling me out on the complete wrong thing. You're complaining about it being in the wrong sub-forum (when it isn't) rather than the wrong thread.
Oh dear... Have you even read the link properly? :rolleyes:

Also, ANY form of experience in the finance world would be useful when applying to Spring Weeks etc as not everybody can be fortunate enough to get experience/go on insight days with IBs.

Yeah, I'm sure GS will be real impressed with your insight day (for the BrightStart scheme) at Deloitte. My advice, if you ever get an interview with an IB, make sure you lead with the 'experience' you gained on Deloitte's insight day, makes my job of getting an offer a lot easier.

You're calling me out on the complete wrong thing. You're complaining about it being in the wrong sub-forum (when it isn't) rather than the wrong thread.

Do you even know what Deloitte do? Or what the BrightStart scheme is?

It has nothing to do with investment banking, in this case it is not related to consultancy and you yourself keep mentioning the 'finance world', so by your own words, it would be better suited in the finance sub-forum.
Yeah, I'm sure GS will be real impressed with your insight day (for the BrightStart scheme) at Deloitte. My advice, if you ever get an interview with an IB, make sure you lead with the 'experience' you gained on Deloitte's insight day, makes my job of getting an offer a lot easier.

As you so patronisingly point out it is indeed a BrightStart scheme, but you'd have to be an idiot to think that anybody would state that when asked about it. Oh wait, I forgot who I was arguing with...

[Do you even know what Deloitte do? Or what the BrightStart scheme is?

It has nothing to do with investment banking, in this case it is not related to consultancy and you yourself keep mentioning the 'finance world', so by your own words, it would be better suited in the finance sub-forum.

My goodness... I've already explicitly stated how it can be linked to investment banking and yet you insist on blindly arguing.

'Finance world'... so are JPM/GS/MS et al not linked to the finance world? :facepalm2:
I can't be bothered anymore...
As you so patronisingly point out it is indeed a BrightStart scheme, but you'd have to be an idiot to think that anybody would state that when asked about it. Oh wait, I forgot who I was arguing with...

Even if you do lie, which I strongly suggest you don't, an insight day at Deloitte still isn't going to impress an IB.

My goodness... I've already explicitly stated how it can be linked to investment banking and yet you insist on blindly arguing.

No you haven't.

'Finance world'... so are JPM/GS/MS et al not linked to the finance world? :facepalm2:

JPM/GS/MS are IBs, therefore any information regarding those companies should be placed in the IB sub-forum.

Deloitte (and this insight day) are not related to IBs (or consultancy in this instance) and should therefore be placed in the finance sub-forum.

I can't be bothered anymore...

Can't blame you, you're fighting a losing battle.
Competencies, are you an A-level student??
Even if you do lie, which I strongly suggest you don't, an insight day at Deloitte still isn't going to impress an IB.

Someone that has been on an insight day at an accountancy firm will be able to talk about how they came to the conclusion that they'd be better suited working at an IB. This is a much more solid reason than, "I want to work in IB because of the challenging, stimulating experience [Insert other generic crap]".

No you haven't.

Yes I have.

:facepalm:

Can't blame you, you're fighting a losing battle.

It's because I'm arguing with a complete and utter idiot.
Reply 350
Original post by teshnit
For those who got onto RBS programme, use their travel service for expenses paid travel, just phoned them and got myself train/underground sorted for free, near enough £140 :smile:
Shame Morgan Stanley don't do the same, I need to catch a coach at stupid o'clock in the morning, since train prices are like £40 each way that day :/

Yeah its good that they cover travel costs, even though mines only gonna be £5-£10
Reply 351
Original post by somaiyar
Yeah its good that they cover travel costs, even though mines only gonna be £5-£10

Better than nothing :smile: I live in Leicester so train travel around peak times to London is a pain in the ass to afford, so it's really nice they did offer it :smile:
I just need to pop down to my station and print off the tickets
Reply 352
Has anyone heard news from the JPM schools programme? can't even find an email address to contact them
Reply 353
Original post by arrow12
Has anyone heard news from the JPM schools programme? can't even find an email address to contact them

No one has heard so far
Reply 354
posting to subscribe
Reply 355
How long do they take!?
I thought we were supposed to hear by the end of June?
Reply 357
Original post by teshnit

Original post by teshnit

Yeah it's actually amazing! They are paying for my flight from Dublin and an actually really nice hotel for the night before and that comes to a few hundred pounds like. What date are you doing?
I live in in London, I'm hoping they'll let me book a hotel....we'll see.
Original post by woods.vanessa
I thought we were supposed to hear by the end of June?

where did you hear that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending