The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Devil_in_disguise
I love how the sinner-saint questions are literally in every MAT. easy-peasy))
Yeah the format is pretty predictable. Ooh what are you applying for?
Original post by Banoffeepie16
On a cheerful note, an admissions tutor once told me that when they put all the offers in the post, they all leave for Christmas so that they can avoid answering the phones, because all they get for the next few days is sobbing.
To be fair, they send them out so shortly before Christmas that you can't blame them for going on holiday then :tongue:
Has everyone got acknowledgements? I haven't got mine yet. :erm:
Original post by desy.kris
I do not exist in their eyes...yet :frown:

:frown: Me neither....:console:
Original post by such_a_lady
No medbh, not within the hour :frown: ah well....

:getmecoat:
Original post by KingMessi
:frown: Me neither....:console:

thanks... I feel left out, so many people have been getting them :frown: which college and for what course btw?
Original post by Brand New Eyes
yay! finally found another merton applicant :biggrin: It's soooo pretty, haven't met any girls applying yet though :s-smilie:

Merton here too!
oooh I received mine 10 minutes ago :biggrin: :biggrin: college is confirmed, looking forward to taking the MAT!! :biggrin:
Original post by anyone_can_fly

Talking of the MAT, does anyone have any idea how the long questions are marked? For example, how many marks can you get for partial answers?

We have a fairly detailed marking scheme for each of the longer questions: each part has a certain number of marks allocated for it, and within each part it is possible to get credit for partial answers. Basically, we try to give credit where credit is due.
Reply 7489
Received confirmation from the rest four uni's but not from Oxford.. I'm afraid they've rejected me at the first glance!
Original post by tallulah11
I applied to Christ Church too! Geography - that's what's up.

Yayay, another Christ Church person 8D

I'm ashamed to say I've never visited it myself, but it looks beautiful in pictures.
Original post by pai2502
Received confirmation from the rest four uni's but not from Oxford.. I'm afraid they've rejected me at the first glance!

Don't be silly! Everyone should get an acknowledgement, yours is probably on its way :smile: - what subject are you applying for?
Hi :smile:

Username: harrosop
Subject: Classics
GCSE: 9A* 1A
AS: 4A
Predicted: 3A* (Eng. Lit, French, Latin)
College: Brasenose

Feeling very nervous about the admissions test on 2nd November! Who else is taking it?
Original post by fluteflute
Yeah the format is pretty predictable. Ooh what are you applying for?

Mathematics and Computer Science. You?(Hope not my course:biggrin:)

Also got an acknowledgement:smile:)
Original post by gavinlowe
We have a fairly detailed marking scheme for each of the longer questions: each part has a certain number of marks allocated for it, and within each part it is possible to get credit for partial answers. Basically, we try to give credit where credit is due.
Wow, you braved it through 376 pages of our nonsense... (or perhaps more likely, you keep an eye on search results for MAT/CS)

Thanks for the information :smile:

Computer Science and Philosophy :smile:

Sounds like the Maths+CS acknowledgements have gone out today then :biggrin:

(Edit... just realised my smilies mirror yours!)
Woke up to my acknowledgement! :woo:

Thank you for making an application to study French and Spanish at the University of Oxford, starting in 2012. We can confirm that you have chosen to study at Hertford College.

You should receive much more detailed and specific information from the college or hall before the end of October.

Then it reminds me about the MLAT... as if I haven't been worrying about it for weeks :rolleyes:

Phew, just glad I have it now. Came at 09:01.

OMG same course!! :biggrin: which college? what's your predicted grade? add yourself to the stalking page! :P if you don't mind :smile: and join the FB group :P
Original post by fluteflute
Computer Science and Philosophy :smile:

Sounds like the Maths+CS acknowledgements have gone out today then :biggrin:

(Edit... just realised my smilies mirror yours!)

Philosophy? Such an overflow of ideas, at least mathematicians try to agree with each other:smile: (c) Logicomix, B. Russell (a crappy philosopher but a brill logician...)
But I'm glad you've not chosen Maths and CS:biggrin:
Yay for symmetry!!:smile:)

Original post by desy.kris
OMG same course!! :biggrin: which college? what's your predicted grade? add yourself to the stalking page! :P if you don't mind :smile: and join the FB group :P

Univ, u? don't say Univ, I still have hopes of being the only maths and cs applicant there:biggrin: I'm applying with SATs, predicted 2250(but with 800 maths) and 800-800-760 subject tests. no, the stalking page with its excess of *-s is intimidating:biggrin:

Univ, u? don't say Univ, I still have hopes of being the only maths and cs applicant there:biggrin: I'm applying with SATs, predicted 2250(but with 800 maths) and 800-800-760 subject tests. no, the stalking page with its excess of *-s is intimidating:biggrin:

I'm applying to Univ too :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending