The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hey! :jumphug: I am :mmm: Haha thanks! Yours were good considering the circumstances :console: Have subbed to your thread btw, keep up the great work! :smile:
:five: and I yours :wink:
But it works :yep:
I thought mine was silly hahahaha
So I went for it :colone:

The English in that sentence makes me want to :puke:
:spank:

but... there is a bond between us

:toofunny:
Original post by the bear
but... there is a bond between us

:toofunny:

:spank: :spank:
Don't make this spanking turn into a chain reaction of spanks :colone:
:spank: :spank:
Don't make this spanking turn into a chain reaction of spanks :colone:

i was being ionic

:teehee:
Hey! I am Haha thanks! Yours were good considering the circumstances :console: Have subbed to your thread btw, keep up the great work! :smile:
:five: and I yours :wink:
But it works :yep:
I thought mine was silly hahahaha
So I went for it :colone:

You do realise you are my favourite vegetable, right? :jumphug:
Thanks haha, I find them almost embarrassing but oh well onwards and upwards. I did only have 6 months of Secondary School altogether. :colondollar: My predictions are great though :colone:

Thanks for the sub, I subbed to yours too!

How was the York interview, I know you said in your original post that it was great, but spill the beans :mmm:
Original post by the bear
i was being ionic

:teehee:

You repel me bear :colone:

Original post by SteamboatMickey
You do realise you are my favourite vegetable, right? :jumphug:
Thanks haha, I find them almost embarrassing but oh well onwards and upwards. I did only have 6 months of Secondary School altogether. :colondollar: My predictions are great though :colone:

Thanks for the sub, I subbed to yours too!

How was the York interview, I know you said in your original post that it was great, but spill the beans :mmm:

You do realise, you are my favourite mode of transport + Disney Character :mmm: :hugs:
Yeah! You must've worked your sockies off to do so well, for that I can only admire you for! Well done you! And for getting through all that :hugs: Truly inspirational! Keep it up :smile:
:hugs:

It was really good!

We started talking about what I particularly enjoy in Chemistry, went on to the Tutor's research. I asked some questions about optional modules. She then showed me a model of a molecule. Asked me to name the functional groups (benzene ring, ester linkage, carboxylic acid), then I said, "I know this particular substance", and of course, it was my old friend Aspirin :gah:
Then she asked me a few questions about my Nuffield Research Project, which was ab fab, I talked about that for ages :tongue:
Moved on to analytical techniques, she asked me a question about why melting points are lower when something is impure, that will be my favourite question! Then we chatted about NMR, X-Ray crystallography and all sorts - then I had to go!
So it was pretty good :smile:
You repel me bear :colone:

You do realise, you are my favourite mode of transport + Disney Character :mmm: :hugs:
Yeah! You must've worked your sockies off to do so well, for that I can only admire you for! Well done you! And for getting through all that :hugs: Truly inspirational! Keep it up :smile:
:hugs:

It was really good!

We started talking about what I particularly enjoy in Chemistry, went on to the Tutor's research. I asked some questions about optional modules. She then showed me a model of a molecule. Asked me to name the functional groups (benzene ring, ester linkage, carboxylic acid), then I said, "I know this particular substance", and of course, it was my old friend Aspirin :gah:
Then she asked me a few questions about my Nuffield Research Project, which was ab fab, I talked about that for ages :tongue:
Moved on to analytical techniques, she asked me a question about why melting points are lower when something is impure, that will be my favourite question! Then we chatted about NMR, X-Ray crystallography and all sorts - then I had to go!
So it was pretty good :smile:

Haha, why thanks again! Gotta love Mickey Mouse (and steamboats I guess).

Well, it was more of a process of not getting any support in school and I just had to get on with it without any help. :tongue: Thanks haha, it's a sweet feeling to be called inspirational but I don't think I am haha.

Oooh that sounds so cool. I bet you flew through that! That sounds pretty nice :colondollar: I kind of wish I'd get an interview for York or something so that I could discuss History with someone who won't be bored to death :lol: Where does it sit on your rankings?
Haha, why thanks again! Gotta love Mickey Mouse (and steamboats I guess).

Well, it was more of a process of not getting any support in school and I just had to get on with it without any help. :tongue: Thanks haha, it's a sweet feeling to be called inspirational but I don't think I am haha.

Oooh that sounds so cool. I bet you flew through that! That sounds pretty nice :colondollar: I kind of wish I'd get an interview for York or something so that I could discuss History with someone who won't be bored to death :lol: Where does it sit on your rankings?

:yy:
:console: You are ! :smile:
You will! Give it time :yep:
It could well be my insurance! The offer is equal to that of Birmingham, my initial insurance, but I prefer York very much at this moment! I do visit Birmingham in 2 weeks so I shall know for certain after that :yep:
:yy:
:console: You are ! :smile:
You will! Give it time
It could well be my insurance! The offer is equal to that of Birmingham, my initial insurance, but I prefer York very much at this moment! I do visit Birmingham in 2 weeks so I shall know for certain after that :yep:

Haha thanks :yep:
I doubt it, I think only Cambridge interview for History out of all of my unis.
Ooh nice, let me know how it goes!! :biggrin:
Haha thanks :yep:
I doubt it, I think only Cambridge interview for History out of all of my unis.
Ooh nice, let me know how it goes!! :biggrin:

Np :hugs:
Oh, well FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!
Will do!
First time I'm looking at a thread in a month cos of these goddamn lab reports :rofl:

I'm too late to post the Patrick "I'm rooting for you" pic, so yeah.

Omg your Imperial interview's on Wednesday!! :shock:
Good luck with everything!!! :rave: Message me if need be :wink:
:knuddel:
Original post by Kamara7
First time I'm looking at a thread in a month cos of these goddamn lab reports :rofl:

I'm too late to post the Patrick "I'm rooting for you" pic, so yeah.

Omg your Imperial interview's on Wednesday!! :shock:
Good luck with everything!!! :rave: Message me if need be :wink:

:rofl: Hope it's going ok :hugs:
:tongue:
yeah :hide: :afraid:
thank you! :jumphug: Will do :colondollar:

Original post by OvergrownMoose
:knuddel:

:colondollar:
Entry no.1
Guten Abend :colone:
What've I done since last week?
Stuff :tongue:

Physics
-Completed a load of questions on gravitational fields. The lowest I got was 75% - so score :colone:
-No results back from my thermal physics test yet :hide:
-Last week I did some revision of the AS topic of waves. I tutored and then took some harder questions to practice that topic myself. Nice topic though. Fringe patterns. Shadows. Path difference. Nice stuff :yy:.

Chemistry
-Did some organic revision from AS. Made a synthesis chart of a mixture of AS and A2 stuff. I will put it onto a document and print it out and put it on my wall :smile:
-
Maths
-2 past C3 papers. Got an A* in one and just over 80% in the other! Quite happy about that!
Identified weaknesses = Volumes of revolution and integration :erm:
So I know what I need to target this week!
-Watched some videos to catch up with the start of C4 - partial fractions :hide:
-Helped my friend with some differentiation today :wink: which helped me remember how to do the trickier questions :wink:
EPQ
-Got my first draft back today!
-All I've done so far is collect some more sources and edited the formatting.
The plan is to fill in the mid-term review in the log and then look at my books again, might get my Dad to give me some advice too :smile:

Other stuff:
-Went to a friend's 18th party which was nice :tongue:
-Orchestra was so tiring at the weekend tho lol, so much to practise :rofl:
-My grade 6 exam is on the 10th (so is the Orchestra Winter concert lol) so :afraid: :hide:
-Phone has been replaced :woo:

Would've done more but preparing for ICL interview on Wednesday :hide:

Random meme for your enjoyment only :mmm:

Tagging active people, if you would like to be removed from the list, let me know :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Entry no.1
Guten Abend :colone:
What've I done since last week?
Stuff :tongue:

Physics
-Completed a load of questions on gravitational fields. The lowest I got was 75% - so score :colone:
-No results back from my thermal physics test yet :hide:
-Last week I did some revision of the AS topic of waves. I tutored and then took some harder questions to practice that topic myself. Nice topic though. Fringe patterns. Shadows. Path difference. Nice stuff :yy:.

Chemistry
-Did some organic revision from AS. Made a synthesis chart of a mixture of AS and A2 stuff. I will put it onto a document and print it out and put it on my wall :smile:
-
Maths
-2 past C3 papers. Got an A* in one and just over 80% in the other! Quite happy about that!
Identified weaknesses = Volumes of revolution and integration :erm:
So I know what I need to target this week!
-Watched some videos to catch up with the start of C4 - partial fractions :hide:
-Helped my friend with some differentiation today :wink: which helped me remember how to do the trickier questions :wink:
EPQ
-Got my first draft back today!
-All I've done so far is collect some more sources and edited the formatting.
The plan is to fill in the mid-term review in the log and then look at my books again, might get my Dad to give me some advice too :smile:

Other stuff:
-Went to a friend's 18th party which was nice :tongue:
-Orchestra was so tiring at the weekend tho lol, so much to practise :rofl:
-My grade 6 exam is on the 10th (so is the Orchestra Winter concert lol) so :afraid: :hide:
-Phone has been replaced :woo:

Would've done more but preparing for ICL interview on Wednesday :hide:

Random meme for your enjoyment only :mmm:

Tagging active people, if you would like to be removed from the list, let me know :smile:

Spoiler

Yay, More revision then I've been doing :tongue:
Original post by wolfmoon88
Yay, More revision then I've been doing :tongue:

Doubt it :tongue:
anyway, going to bed, night :smile:
Good luck :wink:

Maths

Hooray! :biggrin:

Spoiler

oooh good luck for your icl interview :smile: hope it goes well!!
Doubt it :tongue:
anyway, going to bed, night :smile:

Good luck on your interview and good night :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Good luck :wink:

Original post by markovchain17
Hooray! :biggrin:

Spoiler

:biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Pentaquark
oooh good luck for your icl interview :smile: hope it goes well!!

thank you! :hugs: Good luck with getting those grades :wink: How is it all going btw? :smile:

Original post by wolfmoon88
Good luck on your interview and good night :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending