The Student Room Group

Kei's Journey to AAAA (GYG 2017-18)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes!! :heart: And.. apologies for not posting yesterday :tongue:

Jan 08.18

So yesterday, I had my Further Pure mock and less than an hour later, I had my Chemistry mock. To be completely honest, the FP mock was pretty straightforward :biggrin: and I managed to get everything (I hope..) and coming out of the exam, I had a sinking feeling that my Chemistry test was going to go badly. Somehow, these weird feelings I have just tend to be pretty spot-on coz that Chemistry test wasn't terrible as in 'I couldn't write down a thing' but there were a few questions that just stumped me and I know for a fact that I messed up a few of the MCQs so that's just great.. :frown:

After that, I spent about 2 hours going through a Review Exercise for Maths, which was tomorrow then. I did get through quite a bit but once school ended and I went home, my productivity and motivation just plummeted. I know I've said that I'll not procrastinate as much and that I really need to rid myself of bad habits but yesterday, I spent 3 flipping hours on my phone. I downloaded about 4 games, all of which have now been removed and I spent ages afterwards being distracted by social media. :frown: I really need to have a bit more self-discipline.

Jan 09.18

Today started relatively well. Actually, I lie. This morning was a bit of a disaster. I had mild hives over my neck and parts of my hips amd back. :cry: I hate having hives because I have no idea whether they're stress hives, cold hives or allergy hives so this morning, I was stressing slightly over those on top of mocks but to be fair, I was only a bit nervous about the Maths mock but I knew I had 2 hours before the mock to go over things and all that. I'll let you in on a secret: compared to my other subjects, I've actually prepared as much for Maths but also compared to my other subjects, Maths is actually easier so I slacked a bit for Maths, which I don't regret because I know I'm not as good at my other subjects.

So after break, the Maths mock comes around and honestly, I panicked a bit because I thought I was doing the Pure paper first (because that's what it says on our mock timetable!!) but we were actually doing Applied first; I got over that quite quickly and honestly, the Applied paper went pretty well, although chatting with my friends afterwards, a lot of them found the last question hard :tongue: Then, the Pure mock came around and the questions were fine.. until I got onto question 4. Maybe it was the way it was worded but I really could not understand the question so I moved on, resolving to come back later. Thank goodness it was a relatively easy paper compared to previous tests (a lot of the questions were classic textbook questions) and I actually had a lot of time to spare. I eventually got question 4, which was actually not as difficult as I thought it was once I got it (but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the way I did it was good :tongue:)

After that exam, I still had 2 hours until it was time to go home and I had planned to work on my Physics core prac (because my Physics mock is next week) but this idiot forgot to bring her core prac book to school :oops: and spent the next 2 hours chatting about stupid stuff to the guys in her class. Honestly, I've never had a more wasteful 2 hours. I wish I had maybe been a bit more prepared or done something more useful, like get some reading in or something.

And when I finally came home, I decided to practise the piano (because I haven't practised in like a month) and after getting through my warm-up, my hands were so sore that I just couldn't carry on playing so now, here I am on TSR doing nothing of use except catching up on my watched threads, which I still haven't done :tongue:

So yeah, it's been 2 days (no picture today) and I've not really done much but I'm now off my TSR self-proclaimed no-procrastination-on-TSR hiatus so feel free to PM, quote, tag me in whatever. :biggrin:

-- Kei

Nyanko clan :snoozing:

Spoiler

For procrastination, have one place for study and one for chilling. The phone doesn't come with you when it's time to study. And when you're chilling set yourself a time limit.

And urgh Hives; get well soon don't die thank you very much please.:hide:
Reply 362
Original post by 04MR17
For procrastination, have one place for study and one for chilling. The phone doesn't come with you when it's time to study. And when you're chilling set yourself a time limit.

And urgh Hives; get well soon don't die thank you very much please.:hide:

Yeah, I'm trying to make my bed and the sofa outside my room my chill place and my desk my study place. :yes: I need some physical distance from my phone. It's usually good enough to put it out of reach but sometimes, it needs to be in the next room.

Somehow, I've never thought about setting myself a time limit for chilling before but it does make sense tho, especially since I set a time limit for studying *ahem* Forest *ahem*

They're better now but I have no idea when they'll come back. I could take medicine for it but I just hate taking any sort of medicine *grandma voice* nasty chemicals *end grandma voice*

Also, PRSOM (why??)
Original post by nyxnko_
Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes!! :heart: And.. apologies for not posting yesterday :tongue:

Jan 08.18

So yesterday, I had my Further Pure mock and less than an hour later, I had my Chemistry mock. To be completely honest, the FP mock was pretty straightforward :biggrin: and I managed to get everything (I hope..) and coming out of the exam, I had a sinking feeling that my Chemistry test was going to go badly. Somehow, these weird feelings I have just tend to be pretty spot-on coz that Chemistry test wasn't terrible as in 'I couldn't write down a thing' but there were a few questions that just stumped me and I know for a fact that I messed up a few of the MCQs so that's just great.. :frown:

After that, I spent about 2 hours going through a Review Exercise for Maths, which was tomorrow then. I did get through quite a bit but once school ended and I went home, my productivity and motivation just plummeted. I know I've said that I'll not procrastinate as much and that I really need to rid myself of bad habits but yesterday, I spent 3 flipping hours on my phone. I downloaded about 4 games, all of which have now been removed and I spent ages afterwards being distracted by social media. :frown: I really need to have a bit more self-discipline.

Jan 09.18

Today started relatively well. Actually, I lie. This morning was a bit of a disaster. I had mild hives over my neck and parts of my hips amd back. :cry: I hate having hives because I have no idea whether they're stress hives, cold hives or allergy hives so this morning, I was stressing slightly over those on top of mocks but to be fair, I was only a bit nervous about the Maths mock but I knew I had 2 hours before the mock to go over things and all that. I'll let you in on a secret: compared to my other subjects, I've actually prepared as much for Maths but also compared to my other subjects, Maths is actually easier so I slacked a bit for Maths, which I don't regret because I know I'm not as good at my other subjects.

So after break, the Maths mock comes around and honestly, I panicked a bit because I thought I was doing the Pure paper first (because that's what it says on our mock timetable!!) but we were actually doing Applied first; I got over that quite quickly and honestly, the Applied paper went pretty well, although chatting with my friends afterwards, a lot of them found the last question hard :tongue: Then, the Pure mock came around and the questions were fine.. until I got onto question 4. Maybe it was the way it was worded but I really could not understand the question so I moved on, resolving to come back later. Thank goodness it was a relatively easy paper compared to previous tests (a lot of the questions were classic textbook questions) and I actually had a lot of time to spare. I eventually got question 4, which was actually not as difficult as I thought it was once I got it (but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the way I did it was good :tongue:)

After that exam, I still had 2 hours until it was time to go home and I had planned to work on my Physics core prac (because my Physics mock is next week) but this idiot forgot to bring her core prac book to school :oops: and spent the next 2 hours chatting about stupid stuff to the guys in her class. Honestly, I've never had a more wasteful 2 hours. I wish I had maybe been a bit more prepared or done something more useful, like get some reading in or something.

And when I finally came home, I decided to practise the piano (because I haven't practised in like a month) and after getting through my warm-up, my hands were so sore that I just couldn't carry on playing so now, here I am on TSR doing nothing of use except catching up on my watched threads, which I still haven't done :tongue:

So yeah, it's been 2 days (no picture today) and I've not really done much but I'm now off my TSR self-proclaimed no-procrastination-on-TSR hiatus so feel free to PM, quote, tag me in whatever. :biggrin:

-- Kei

Spoiler

Awh that's so horrible that you've got hives hope you get better soon :heart: So proud of your grades though!! Hope the rest of your exams go well!
Original post by nyxnko_

Jan 08.18

Jan 09.18

-- Kei

Spoiler

Hope u feel better xx :heart:
Reply 365
Original post by Bamble
Awh that's so horrible that you've got hives hope you get better soon :heart: So proud of your grades though!! Hope the rest of your exams go well!

They come and they go :frown: but thank you!! :hugs:

Original post by Lilsthebest
Hope u feel better xx :heart:

Thank you!! :hugs:
Reply 366
I think I'll try to make a post at least every other day because some days, I'm just not bothered or I forget :sorry:

Also, I'm going to play around with layouts and colours a bit so it's going to look a bit weird :s-smilie:

Wednesday, Jan 10th

Yesterday, I started the day deciding that I wouldn't do any Physics revision. Honestly, I've only got that one left but it's on Monday next week and I really didn't want to work on it for a straight 5 days yesterday so I decided to bring my core prac book into school and just work on that instead and I did. I spent about 4 periods on it because my school doesn't offer study leave for mocks, which I find ridiculous because you're not learning anything in classes anyway and you're literally doing nothing once you're done with your exams so I really didn't get why I couldn't just stay at home and just work at home. :banghead:

So yeah, I spent about 4 hours on that core prac and just had a few extra bits to tweak when I got home (because I didn't bring in everything... silly me) but there were still 2 flipping hours of school left. :bricks: Being a self-proclaimed nerd, I went to the school library and borrowed a book, not that it did anything. I literally got to page 12 and just decided that reading was just not possible with the amount of noise going on around me (because some people had already finished so they were just chilling ie. being noisy) so I got out my laptop and just started going onto YouTube and watching stupid videos. And that was my school day.

Waitt... I missed a bit out: I got my Chapter 5 test (for Physics) back from last term and I got 44/47!! :woo: I seriously thought that test was terrible, not like 'oh, I dropped 2 marks kind of terrible' but the way the questions were worded and urghhh.. that last question was just :poo:

When I got home, my productivity wasn't any better. I tried to clear my desk (after about 2 hours of lounging around staring into space and contemplating life) and that was an absolute flop. It looked like :poo: before and because I just didn't get around to clearing it, it still looked like :poo: Here's a pic:

26855811_1945906862343388_1014417887_n.jpg

Then... my dad distracted me by putting on an episode of Game of Thrones and because I had nothing to do, I just sat right down in front of the TV and watched the episode. I had absolutely no idea what was going on but it looked interesting, I guess? Honestly, the real shocker was that Ed Sheeran flipping appeared and I was like... woahhh why's he there?

After that episode, I just went to bed. I literally flopped onto my bed and promptly fell asleep (because I just love sleep :snoozing:)

Thursday, Jan 11th

The day started like yesterday. I just didn't want to do any Physics revision... yet because I believe I've done quite a bit during the break and I just don't want to start yet.. (I'm putting this off) so I decided to do my Chinese homework, which I've also put off.

My school day starts with double Maths, which is probably not the best class to start with, especially since my teacher has a tendency to overstress about the importance of exams and mocks and just stresses me out, honestly.. Today, he marked the papers during our class and just asked us how it was, which was kinda weird. He almost gave us our results :unimpressed: before someone pointed out that we were supposed to wait until mock results day or he would get into trouble :yes: Then... he said this cryptic message: 'hard work paid off, for most of you at least' *involuntary gasp* Does he know I just didn't work as hard for Maths because my other subjects are harder?? :cry2: I hope not. So in those 2 lessons, I just panicked a bit over Maths and tried to get my oh-so-tedious Chinese homework done :cry: It didn't really get itself done..

Then.. Chemistry. Again, I tried to get the rest of that stupid homework finished but it just didn't get done. Instead, I got distracted by YouTube and spent half the lesson watching Black Clover :tongue: After break, it was time to work again but yet again, I just got really distracted by looking for an app/website that lets me read manga in Japanese (otherwise known as raw scans) so let's just say that this Chinese homework really will not get done :cry:

After that, I had Further Maths, which was really good. We asked about our results but our teacher knew we weren't allowed to get them back yet so one of the guys in my class asked if he could show us the box plot of our results. Our teacher went beyond that (legend :biggrin:) and gave us the combined applied and pure box plot for our year, then he split that into our two classes and then he split our class's results into pure and applied. Honestly, our class did better than the other class :woo: but the results were very varied, which was concerning, given that there were only 20 people in the year doing FM and only 9 people in our class. My teacher also went on to say that he was quite disappointed at our results :frown: , because in all the time that he's been teaching FM at this school, his classes never had a lower quartile that was lower than an A during Year 12 mocks so he wasn't exactly enamoured with our results. I'm slightly concerned for our class but I don't particularly care much about it because the only person whose results I'm interested in is mine. I know that sounds super super super self-obsessed but at the end of the day, I'm the one sitting the exam and I'm the one getting the qualification. I honestly don't want to waste time worrying about someone getting a higher score than me in a test.

Talking about tests, I got my ACT (sans writing) results back today :woo: AND THIS CHILD GOT A 32!! For those of you who don't know, it's an American standardised test scored out of 36. It's 5 hours long and consists of an English, Math (should have an 's', I know), Reading and Science section. There's also an optional Writing section, which I chose to do but the results haven't come back yet... I would put a screenshot of the breakdown of my score but I really can't be bothered to deal with the trouble of having more than one picture on a post so I'll just write it out:
English - 30 (kinda disappointed but okay)
Math (where's the s at?) - 36 :woo:
Reading - 32
Science - 31 (oops)
Yep, I messed up English and Science but my excuse is: English consists of 75 questions. It's pretty much impossible to not get at least a few wrong, unless you're like an English geek (which I'm not). As for Science, I started to feel really really sick towards the end of the test and I guessed a LOT of the answers, despite being a self-proclaimed science geek. So yeah, those are my results.

After that, I went home and just surfed TSR and I'm still on TSR. :yep: TSR takes up a lot of my time nowadays but then again, I should really learn to manage my time better.

-- Kei

PS. How is everyone? My thread seems a bit dead but that's okay.. I have my silent followers to back me up (@i_fa17) What a long post today :tongue: I promise they won't always be this long.

EDIT: I've proof-read it :smile: and just added a few bits that I thought I put in but apparently missed out. :sorry:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 367
Well done in chem! don't know what board you're on but its hard because half the time the questions are worded so weird that you don't have a clue whats going on in AQA :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Trying not to be a silent follower from now on haha so might as well add me to tag list?
Original post by i_fa17
Well done in chem! don't know what board you're on but its hard because half the time the questions are worded so weird that you don't have a clue whats going on in AQA :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Trying not to be a silent follower from now on haha so might as well add me to tag list?

lol :smile:
Original post by nyxnko_
I think I'll try to make a post at least every other day because some days, I'm just not bothered or I forget :sorry:

Also, I'm going to play around with layouts and colours a bit so it's going to look a bit weird :s-smilie:

Wednesday, Jan 10th

Yesterday, I started the day deciding that I wouldn't do any Physics revision. Honestly, I've only got that one left but it's on Monday next week and I really didn't want to work on it for a straight 5 days yesterday so I decided to bring my core prac book into school and just work on that instead and I did. I spent about 4 periods on it because my school doesn't offer study leave for mocks, which I find ridiculous because you're not learning anything in classes anyway and you're literally doing nothing once you're done with your exams so I really didn't get why I couldn't just stay at home and just work at home. :banghead:

So yeah, I spent about 4 hours on that core prac and just had a few extra bits to tweak when I got home (because I didn't bring in everything... silly me) but there were still 2 flipping hours of school left. :bricks: Being a self-proclaimed nerd, I went to the school library and borrowed a book, not that it did anything. I literally got to page 12 and just decided that reading was just not possible with the amount of noise going on around me (because some people had already finished so they were just chilling ie. being noisy) so I got out my laptop and just started going onto YouTube and watching stupid videos. And that was my school day.

Waitt... I missed a bit out: I got my Chapter 5 test back from last term and I got 44/47!! :woo: I seriously thought that test was terrible, not like 'oh, I dropped 2 marks kind of terrible' but the way the questions were worded and urghhh.. that last question was just :poo:

When I got home, it wasn't any better. I tried to clear my desk (after about 2 hours of lounging around staring into space and contemplating life) and that was an absolute flop. It looked like :poo: before and because I just didn't get around to clearing it, it still looked like :poo: Here's a pic:

Then... my dad distracted me by putting on an episode of Game of Thrones and because I had nothing to do, I just sat right down in front of the TV and watched the episode. I had absolutely no idea what was going on but it looked interesting, I guess? Honestly, the real shocker was that Ed Sheeran flipping appeared and I was like... woahhh why's he there?

After that episode, I just went to bed. I literally flopped onto my bed and promptly fell asleep (because I just love sleep :snoozing:)

Thursday, Jan 11th

The day started like yesterday. I just didn't want to do any Physics revision... yet because I believe I've done quite a bit during the break and I just don't want to start yet.. (I'm putting this off) so I decided to do my Chinese homework, which I've also put off.

My school day starts with double Maths, which is probably not the best class to start with, especially since my teacher has a tendency to overstress about the importance of exams and mocks and just stresses me out, honestly.. Today, he marked the papers during our class and just asked us how it was, which was kinda weird. He almost gave us our results :unimpressed: before someone pointed out that we were supposed to wait until mock results day or he would get into trouble :yes: Then... he said this cryptic message: 'hard work paid off, for most of you at least' *involuntary gasp* Does he know I just didn't work as hard for Maths because my other subjects are harder?? :cry2: I hope not. So in those 2 lessons, I just panicked a bit over Maths and tried to get my oh-so-tedious Chinese homework done :cry: It didn't really get itself done..

Then.. Chemistry. Again, I tried to get the rest of that stupid homework finished but it just didn't get done. Instead, I got distracted by YouTube and spent half the lesson watching Black Clover :tongue: After break, it was time to work again but yet again, I just got really distracted by looking for an app/website that lets me read manga in Japanese (otherwise known as raw scans) so let's just say that this Chinese homework really will not get done :cry:

After that, I had Further Maths, which was really good. We asked about our results but our teacher knew we weren't allowed to get them back yet so one of the guys in my class asked if he could show us the box plot of results. Our teacher went beyond that (legend :biggrin:) and gave us the combined applied and pure box plot for our year, then he split that into our two classes and then he split our class's results into pure and applied. Honestly, our class did better than the other class but the results were very varied, which was concerning, given that there were only 20 people in the year doing FM and only 9 people in our class. My teacher also went on to say that he was quite disappointed at our results, because in all the time that he's been teaching FM at this school, his classes never had a lower quartile that was lower than an A during Year 12 mocks so he wasn't exactly enamoured with our results. I'm slightly concerned for our class but I don't particularly care much about it because the only person whose results I'm interested in is mine. I know that sounds super super super self-obsessed but at the end of the day, I'm the one sitting the exam and I'm the one getting the qualification. I honestly don't want to waste time worrying about someone getting a higher score than me in a test.

Talking about tests, I got my ACT (sans writing) results back today :woo: AND THIS CHILD GOT A 32!! For those of you who don't know, it's an American standardised test scored out of 36. It's 5 hours long and consists of an English, Math (should have an 's', I know), Reading and Science section. There's also an optional Writing section, which I chose to do but the results haven't come back yet... I would put a screenshot of the breakdown of my score but I really can't be bothered to deal with the trouble of having more than one picture on a post so I'll just write it out:
Reading - 32
Science - 31 (oops)
Yep, I messed up English and Science but my excuse is: English consists of 75 questions. It's pretty much impossible to not get at least a few wrong, unless you're like an English geek (which I'm not). As for Science, I started to feel really really sick towards the end of the test and I guessed a LOT of the answers. So yeah, those are my results.

After that, I went home and just surfed TSR and I'm still on TSR. :yep: TSR takes up a lot of my time nowadays but then again, I should really learn to manage my time better.

-- Kei

PS. How is everyone? My thread seems a bit dead but that's okay.. I have my silent followers to back me up (@i_fa17) What a long post today :tongue: I promise tehy won't always be this long.

Spoiler

your day seems good:smile:
congrats on your results
you go girl:wink:
Reply 370
Original post by i_fa17

Waittttt... where did I say I got a grade in Chem??? Oh that was Physics!! my bad.. :sorry:

need to change that now :laugh:
Thank you anyway :heart:

But yes, the way they word questions is just urghhhhhhhhhhhh!! :bricks:
I'm doing AQA as well!! :hugs:

Yep, consider yourself one of the nyanko clan :snoozing: I still can't find a cat smilie on TSR hehe
Reply 371
Original post by donut_mckenzie28
your day seems good:smile:
congrats on your results
you go girl:wink:

Thank you!! :u:
Original post by nyxnko_

Wednesday, Jan 10th

Waitt... I missed a bit out: I got my Chapter 5 test (for Physics) back from last term and I got 44/47!! :woo: I seriously thought that test was terrible, not like 'oh, I dropped 2 marks kind of terrible' but the way the questions were worded and urghhh.. that last question was just :poo:

When I got home, my productivity wasn't any better. I tried to clear my desk (after about 2 hours of lounging around staring into space and contemplating life) and that was an absolute flop. It looked like :poo: before and because I just didn't get around to clearing it, it still looked like :poo: Here's a pic:

Thursday, Jan 11th

After that, I had Further Maths, which was really good. We asked about our results but our teacher knew we weren't allowed to get them back yet so one of the guys in my class asked if he could show us the box plot of our results. Our teacher went beyond that (legend :biggrin:) and gave us the combined applied and pure box plot for our year, then he split that into our two classes and then he split our class's results into pure and applied. Honestly, our class did better than the other class :woo: but the results were very varied, which was concerning, given that there were only 20 people in the year doing FM and only 9 people in our class. My teacher also went on to say that he was quite disappointed at our results :frown: , because in all the time that he's been teaching FM at this school, his classes never had a lower quartile that was lower than an A during Year 12 mocks so he wasn't exactly enamoured with our results. I'm slightly concerned for our class but I don't particularly care much about it because the only person whose results I'm interested in is mine. I know that sounds super super super self-obsessed but at the end of the day, I'm the one sitting the exam and I'm the one getting the qualification. I honestly don't want to waste time worrying about someone getting a higher score than me in a test.

Reading - 32
Science - 31 (oops)
Yep, I messed up English and Science but my excuse is: English consists of 75 questions. It's pretty much impossible to not get at least a few wrong, unless you're like an English geek (which I'm not). As for Science, I started to feel really really sick towards the end of the test and I guessed a LOT of the answers, despite being a self-proclaimed science geek. So yeah, those are my results.

-- Kei

PS. How is everyone? My thread seems a bit dead but that's okay.. I have my silent followers to back me up (@i_fa17) What a long post today :tongue: I promise they won't always be this long.

EDIT: I've proof-read it :smile: and just added a few bits that I thought I put in but apparently missed out. :sorry:

Spoiler

Yayyy, your results for physics are soo good :h:
Well done on your score for the ACT , that's AMAZINGGG Xxx
Reply 373
Original post by lilsthebest
yayyy, your results for physics are soo good :h
well done on your score for the act , that's amazinggg xxx

thank you!!
You got this.:dumbells:
Reply 375
Original post by 04MR17
You got this.:dumbells:

:laugh: thank you!!
Reply 376

12th January 2018

(No crazy colours today) Honestly, today hasn't been the best day in terms of productivity :cry: I got up really early because of my alarm (I thought I set it up properly but the ringtone that played really creeped me out so I was like, what the hell? :banghead:) so yeah, I spent the morning on my phone before finally getting off my bum to make this revision/homework timetable thing that I've been planning to make for ages. It's not actually a timetable per se but more like a guideline of how much time I need to spend on each subject per day. My school dictates that for each hour of lesson, we have to do an extra hour outside of class, like extra work; since I've got 24 hours of lessons, I'm supposed to have 24 hours of extra work/homework time. So far, I've not done that :tongue: mainly because of piano and a lack of motivation and a lot of procrastination so I decided to try this out for after mocks and just see how it goes :redface: Here's a pic of what it looks like:

26793815_1946568172277257_1862846298_n.jpg

Hehe, I realised that horizontal pics aren't ridiculously large on TSR (unlike vertical pics)... have I mentioned this already? (sorry if I have.. :tongue:)

Spoiler

So yeah, I went and created this huge spreadsheet with that, all my grades AND a revision tracker. I'm not convinced it was a great use of my time but it had to be done at some point.

As for revision... hehe... let's not talk about that today. I spent the day on Pinterest. Of course nothing's going to get done..

Moving on, I went for a walk, had some apple pie, stared at a screen for wayyy too long and tried to clear my desk (emphasis on the tried). Honestly, I didn't try too hard and so, it's now the end of the day and I've got nothing done. Maybe I'll try and make some flashcards (?) but it'll probably not get done until Sunday or something.

Ta-ta,
Kei

n y a n k o c l a n :snoozing:

Spoiler

I love spreadsheets.:drool: So much...:moon:
Reply 378
Original post by 04MR17
I love spreadsheets.:drool: So much...:moon:

PRSOM same :drool: they're definitely the best :biggrin:
Reply 379
January 13, 2018

Ooh... an unlucky number..

Let's start with this morning. My Chinese class started again today. I think I'm going to just attend the Saturday classes this term because the one after school on a Monday happens to clash with the STEP prep sessions that I really want to attend. Plus, I'm not really into it anymore (because I'm just sitting there so confused half the time and I'm not really motivated to put in effort right now) so yeah, much as it's a necessity for me to speak Chinese, I don't think I'm going to continue with it until much later (when I'll regret not putting in more effort when I was younger.. it'll happen.. trust me :cry:)

So yeah, after coming home from my Chinese class, I just lazed around (I'm so lazy these days) and did nothing. Actually, I got addicted to this game called A Girl Adrift, which is pretty cute. Then... I stalked BTS on Twitter for a bit (because the radio announced that there might be a potential collab between Charlie Puth and BTS!! :woo: So excited!!) After that, lunch and then my violin lesson. My piano diploma results are still not back yet. Hopefully, they'll come next week (I really want to know whether I passed or not) and then I can finally be at ease. It's really knotting up in me.

When I finally came home, I just lazed around.. (As I said, I'm getting really lazy..) before I realised that I still hadn't had my daily dose of Duolingo so after going through all my languages, I got it into my head that it would be a good idea to 'learn English from Chinese' so I took their placement test and according to Duolingo, I am 71% fluent in English :laugh: I think it's because my Chinese isn't as good as my English so I messed up on the translations.
26803465_1947182345549173_538781335_n.jpg

After that, I finally got off my bum and started Physics work by making notes. It's not the most productive use of my time but then again, I still don't know the content as well as I should so I figured it would serve as a refresher. I had planned to do some exam questions afterwards but it took up too much time and after a while, I just felt so tired I didn't want to do anything, so here I am on TSR.

I guess this is it for today. Ta-ta,
Kei

Nyanko Clan :snoozing:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending