The Student Room Group

Kei's Journey to AAAA (GYG 2017-18)

Scroll to see replies

Woweeeee look at you! Congrats on such great mock results! :biggrin: Also well done for getting work done alongside that cold/allergy! Whenever I'm ill I just don't have the willpower to do anything :colondollar:
Original post by nyxnko_
sorry this is a little late but it's been a bit hectic and i just haven't had a chance to update and i know that if i don't update now, i just won't do it later... also, i know i've still got a few notifications and a few watched threads to read but i'll do those later... promise!! (sorry, the capital letters are a bit out of it today :/ )

23 January 2018

Tuesday was nothing special. I mean, it was a pretty good day and I did do quite a lot in school so it was all good. when I got home tho, it was a completely different story... i practised the violin which was good but got severely distracted when i was doing some work for fm. i think it was because my spotify wasn't working properly (again!!) so that just got me really annoyed…

Other than fm, I didn’t do anything special last night, except procrastinate a little and try to get my spotify to work again...

24 January 2018

Wednesday came around like a flash; the morning started pretty nicely, only I’ve got this horrible blocked nose that just won’t go away. My eyes aren’t exactly watering so I think it’s not my allergies :dontknow: but it stopped at around noon and now it’s back :cry:

So yeah, other than the cold/allergy, the morning went pretty well. We did enthalpies of combustion in chemistry and looked at linear transformations (reflections and rotations) and did some stuff on that.

Today was also special in that I received my mock exam results and guess who got straight As :woo: I’m seriously pleased with that, especially since I thought I had failed Physics (apparently not). The self-satisfaction also continued through the next few periods when I got my further mechanics test back (in which I got 100%) and my physics test back. As I had thought, I bombed the 6-mark question, only gaining 2 marks but the rest of the paper was fairly decent and I ended up with 55 out of 70 :woo: so that was a pleasant surprise :biggrin:

I also managed to get my raw mark for chemistry: 70/80 and my maths teacher later told me that I got full marks on both papers (I don’t believe him coz I believe I’ve dropped at least 1 mark) but I’m not going to be able to see the paper until tomorrow.

So that’s it for today. I only had four periods and was pretty productive in most of them although I’ve been extremely sniffy and I just don’t feel well. Welp, I’m just going to have to suck it up and get my sorry self back into school to show year 11s around my school and how wonderful the maths department is.

Ta-ta,
Kei

Key Dates
Jan 25 - Interview with Careers Advisor
Feb 4 - Chapter 16 test (chem) - it got moved back!! :biggrin:

The Nyanko Clan

Spoiler

Well done on your mock results :woo: Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
Reply 462
Original post by 04MR17
SO SO Proud of you.:u:

And get well soon.:heart:

Thank you!! :hugs:
I took some medicine for it so I should be okay?

Original post by gcsemusicsucks
Woweeeee look at you! Congrats on such great mock results! :biggrin: Also well done for getting work done alongside that cold/allergy! Whenever I'm ill I just don't have the willpower to do anything :colondollar:

It's okay when I'm at school coz it actually makes me feel productive because people around me make me feel productive :tongue:

Original post by Labrador99
Well done on your mock results :woo: Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Yayyy! Well done xx
Reply 464
Original post by Lilsthebest
Yayyy! Well done xx

Wow those are good results! Did you sit a proper paper for physics (one for theory and one for practical)?
Reply 466
Original post by FuryBall
Wow those are good results! Did you sit a proper paper for physics (one for theory and one for practical)?

Thank you :biggrin:
Honestly, it wasn't a full paper because we hadn't covered all the content yet so it was like a mix of old exam q's and last year's AS paper.
We only get one for theory. The practical part is assessed internally.
Original post by nyxnko_
Thank you :biggrin:
Honestly, it wasn't a full paper because we hadn't covered all the content yet so it was like a mix of old exam q's and last year's AS paper.
We only get one for theory. The practical part is assessed internally.

Ahh. By practical I meant the error calculation paper.
Reply 468
Original post by FuryBall
Ahh. By practical I meant the error calculation paper.

hmmm... i only sat one paper and it was a mix of both theory and practical then
Reply 469
hehe... I've been a bit missing-in-action on TSR throughout this week and a lot of watched threads just sit unread on my feed... I'm hoping to get back into a routine of posting daily (or at least, every 2 days)

as you all know... (probably) I received my mock grades on Wednesday and did as well as I could (shocker!! :eek3:) but I've now received all my papers back and so, I thought it would be nice to have a breakdown of my grades, marks and areas that I need to improve on. :biggrin:

Mock Breakdown

Click Here

phew...

25 January 2018
On Wednesday evening, I had a thorough review of my life and my future and all those crazy things that one just thinks about when they discuss certain things with certain people *ahem* Maths teachers *ahem* :biggrin: but after that Sixth Form evening thingy, it just felt right to think about uni and what I wanted to study and become and all that. So I thoroughly re-evaluated my reasons for wanting to study Natural Sciences and just found them to be lacking and thought about reasons to study Maths instead. When I discussed this with my dad, he said: 'Do what you want to do.' which, although was nice of him, wasn't particularly helpful. So I decided to just leave it until Thursday.

Thursday started great, actually. Double Maths consisted of our teacher returning our tests and letting us go through them and just doing corrections, I guess. He also said we could work ahead if we wanted to, so that's what I did. Then, I had Chemistry where we also went through our mock and finished 10 minutes early but we were just so bored and lazy that we just messed around.

Then, I had an interview with the careers advisor, which was good, because it really showed me what I needed to do in terms of uni research and best of all, I decided on Natural Sciences (or if not that, Chemistry and Maths joint degree :biggrin:) which is what I'm really interested in.

Unfortunately, the interview made me 5 minutes late for my next class: Further Pure but we were just going through our tests anyway so it was all chill. The class generally did well so we just went through questions that people had trouble with and then just got on with linear transformations.

And just like that, school ended. An entire day of lessons and all my classes were spent going through tests. One of my friends actually remarked that mocks were a bit of a waste of time (especially in my school) because you sit the mocks (during mock week with no proper lessons), then you don't do anything whilst the mocks get marked and once mock results day (also a bit of a waste of time) comes around, all the teachers halt lessons again to go through the tests, so we're now 3 weeks into term and we've not properly started lessons (depsite them having 'officially' started :facepalm:)

By the time I got home, I was just done and really couldn't be bothered, like really not bothered, so I just read all the manga that I missed out on and played about 3 hours of a mobile game before deleting it and reprimanding myself for having wasted 3 hours on a stupid game. As usual, Thursday is tennis night and I played better than usual, which isn't much better but still, I could have played a lot worse.

And so, that was Thursday.

26 January 2018
Friday comes around and I get up super early: 0630, which, even for me, is super early for a weekend morning. But obviously, I can't be productive in the morning so I just spend it scrolling through TSR and playing another mobile game (I need to just delete the Play Store) but... let's be positive because I did finish my Physics homework (that took me 20 minutes out of my 3 hour morning that I wasted :banghead:)

After a late breakfast, I start my super-long Maths homework that I KNOW my Maths teacher won't take in but I do it anyway because why not? It takes me a good 40 minutes to get through about a third of it before my mum just drags me out to the mall to go shopping for Chinese New Year (new year, new clothes kinda thing). The irony, we didn't buy a single item of clothing.

When we finally came home, I just felt lazy, :bebored: to be completely honest. Going out always makes me feel even lazier than before I went out but I did get through yet another hour and a half of Maths, leaving me with just over 10 questions to do on Saturday.

Then, the walk. I haven't gone out for a walk all week because laziness(!) but I decided to go out today (truthfully, for procrastination purposes) and I saw this pretty streak in the sky (it's probably just exhaust fumes from a plane contributing to the increased global emission of gases) so it's now shared :biggrin:
27292152_1953419904925417_1502851652_n.jpg

When I returned home, I finally decided to labour through my Chinese homework, which I've just set aside in the corner of my room and just decided to not do until today.

And that's been my last two days. If you've read up till here, I commend you :clap2: because this is a very very very long post, even for me :biggrin:

May you have a great weekend!!

Kei

The Nyanko Clan

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nyxnko_
hehe... I've been a bit missing-in-action on TSR throughout this week and a lot of watched threads just sit unread on my feed... I'm hoping to get back into a routine of posting daily (or at least, every 2 days)

as you all know... (probably) I received my mock grades on Wednesday and did as well as I could (shocker!! :eek3:) but I've now received all my papers back and so, I thought it would be nice to have a breakdown of my grades, marks and areas that I need to improve on. :biggrin:

Mock Breakdown

Click Here

phew...

25 January 2018
On Wednesday evening, I had a thorough review of my life and my future and all those crazy things that one just thinks about when they discuss certain things with certain people *ahem* Maths teachers *ahem* :biggrin: but after that Sixth Form evening thingy, it just felt right to think about uni and what I wanted to study and become and all that. So I thoroughly re-evaluated my reasons for wanting to study Natural Sciences and just found them to be lacking and thought about reasons to study Maths instead. When I discussed this with my dad, he said: 'Do what you want to do.' which, although was nice of him, wasn't particularly helpful. So I decided to just leave it until Thursday.

Thursday started great, actually. Double Maths consisted of our teacher returning our tests and letting us go through them and just doing corrections, I guess. He also said we could work ahead if we wanted to, so that's what I did. Then, I had Chemistry where we also went through our mock and finished 10 minutes early but we were just so bored and lazy that we just messed around.

Then, I had an interview with the careers advisor, which was good, because it really showed me what I needed to do in terms of uni research and best of all, I decided on Natural Sciences (or if not that, Chemistry and Maths joint degree :biggrin:) which is what I'm really interested in.

Unfortunately, the interview made me 5 minutes late for my next class: Further Pure but we were just going through our tests anyway so it was all chill. The class generally did well so we just went through questions that people had trouble with and then just got on with linear transformations.

And just like that, school ended. An entire day of lessons and all my classes were spent going through tests. One of my friends actually remarked that mocks were a bit of a waste of time (especially in my school) because you sit the mocks (during mock week with no proper lessons), then you don't do anything whilst the mocks get marked and once mock results day (also a bit of a waste of time) comes around, all the teachers halt lessons again to go through the tests, so we're now 3 weeks into term and we've not properly started lessons (depsite them having 'officially' started :facepalm:)

By the time I got home, I was just done and really couldn't be bothered, like really not bothered, so I just read all the manga that I missed out on and played about 3 hours of a mobile game before deleting it and reprimanding myself for having wasted 3 hours on a stupid game. As usual, Thursday is tennis night and I played better than usual, which isn't much better but still, I could have played a lot worse.

26 January 2018
Friday comes around and I get up super early: 0630, which, even for me, is super early for a weekend morning. But obviously, I can't be productive in the morning so I just spend it scrolling through TSR and playing another mobile game (I need to just delete the Play Store) but... let's be positive because I did finish my Physics homework (that took me 20 minutes out of my 3 hour morning that I wasted :banghead:)

After a late breakfast, I start my super-long Maths homework that I KNOW my Maths teacher won't take in but I do it anyway because why not? It takes me a good 40 minutes to get through about a third of it before my mum just drags me out to the mall to go shopping for Chinese New Year (new year, new clothes kinda thing). The irony, we didn't buy a single item of clothing.

When we finally came home, I just felt lazy, :bebored: to be completely honest. Going out always makes me feel even lazier than before I went out but I did get through yet another hour and a half of Maths, leaving me with just over 10 questions to do on Saturday.

Then, the walk. I haven't gone out for a walk all week because laziness(!) but I decided to go out today (truthfully, for procrastination purposes) and I saw this pretty streak in the sky (it's probably just exhaust fumes from a plane contributing to the increased global emission of gases) so it's now shared :biggrin:

When I returned home, I finally decided to labour through my Chinese homework, which I've just set aside in the corner of my room and just decided to not do until today.

And that's been my last two days. If you've read up till here, I commend you :clap2: because this is a very very very long post, even for me :biggrin:

Kei

The Nyanko Clan

Spoiler

omggggg those mock grades are AMAZINGGGGGGG congrats xxx
congratulations on those amazing mock results!
just shows the hard work you’ve been putting in so far has paid off :hugs:

i’m also really bad at reading other people’s posts, i usually catch up friday night/saturday morning as i’m just too busy at any other time to do more than post my own thing - it’s a shame - but eventually i reply to everyone’s feeds etc! :yep:
Original post by nyxnko_

Mock Breakdown

Click Here

phew...

25 January 2018

26 January 2018

Kei

The Nyanko Clan

Spoiler

You absolute wizarddd your mock results are amazing! Even your physics mock is great!!! Well done! Keep up the good work :smile: Also that is a veeery long exhaust fume :biggrin:
Original post by nyxnko_

Mock Breakdown

Click Here

phew...

25 January 2018

26 January 2018

Kei

The Nyanko Clan

Spoiler

Well done Kei! Those grades are amazing :biggrin:
Proud of you. :u:
Reply 475
Original post by mez_merising
omggggg those mock grades are AMAZINGGGGGGG congrats xxx

Original post by clouddbubbles
congratulations on those amazing mock results!
just shows the hard work you’ve been putting in so far has paid off :hugs:

i’m also really bad at reading other people’s posts, i usually catch up friday night/saturday morning as i’m just too busy at any other time to do more than post my own thing - it’s a shame - but eventually i reply to everyone’s feeds etc! :yep:

yh I guess it does kinda :biggrin:
really?? I always find you on someone's thread posting away :laugh:

Original post by gcsemusicsucks
You absolute wizarddd your mock results are amazing! Even your physics mock is great!!! Well done! Keep up the good work :smile: Also that is a veeery long exhaust fume :biggrin:

Thank you!! :hugs: I'm hoping the real exams go as well :biggrin:
It is, isn't it? :yep: I don't have a picture but it then got kinda wider as well so it looked as though there was a fissure on the sky :laugh:

Original post by Labrador99
Well done Kei! Those grades are amazing :biggrin:

Original post by nyxnko_

Mock Breakdown

Click Here

phew...

25 January 2018

26 January 2018

Kei

The Nyanko Clan

Spoiler

Amazing results wow! I'm going to have to get you to help me with Chemistry :colondollar: Also, can I be added to the tag list?
Reply 477
Original post by Michelle08
Amazing results wow! I'm going to have to get you to help me with Chemistry :colondollar: Also, can I be added to the tag list?

If you insist! :laugh: (secret: stuff needs to go through my head about a billion times before it sticks tho :tongue:)
Sure :biggrin:
nooo i think we both post at the same kind of time that’s why :dontknow:

hardly ever reply to people’s threads :lol:
Go girll xx
your mock results are amazinggg !!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending