The Student Room Group

Kei's Journey to AAAA (GYG 2017-18)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by clouddbubbles
gorgeous notes as always kei! :love:
i’d love to do some curricular things like challenges - never really thought about them :lol: (other than maths challenge, but let’s not talk about that :rofl: )

are you happy with your personal statement so far?¿

The Maths Challenge is one :biggrin: Not many people do them though, which is kinda sad :sad:
I think I am but I'm not sure the careers advisor at my school will be :lol:
Original post by nyxnko_
The Maths Challenge is one :biggrin: Not many people do them though, which is kinda sad :sad:
I think I am but I'm not sure the careers advisor at my school will be :lol:

oh no well hopefully the careers advisor won’t be too critical of it! :s-smilie:
Reply 642
Original post by clouddbubbles
oh no well hopefully the careers advisor won’t be too critical of it! :s-smilie:

hopefully :s-smilie:
Yay productivity :woo:
Reply 644
Original post by Lemur14
Yay productivity :woo:

:lol:
hellooooo :hello:
finally i've refound (is that a word) this,
would you mind tagging me so I can keep up to date? :smile:
Reply 646
Original post by stalkingsilence
hellooooo :hello:
finally i've refound (is that a word) this,
would you mind tagging me so I can keep up to date? :smile:

:hi:
idk if that's a word :tongue:
sure :biggrin:
Original post by nyxnko_
:hi:
idk if that's a word :tongue:
sure :biggrin:

thank youuuu :h:
Reply 648
1 0 M A R C H 2 0 1 8

I guess this is going to be the last of my daily breakdowns for a while. But let’s get started. I got up at 6am, which was a good start but I didn’t actually start working until around 7am, when I decided it would be a good idea to do another session of that online course; it’s supposed to be an upper-level undergraduate course but so far, it’s pretty straightforward (I might be saying this a bit early though :tongue:).

After that, I did some work for the school magazine and wrote up my physics core prac, which I have actually left until last minute :tongue: It’s due on Monday. But it’s all good now. :biggrin:

Another thing is that I found out that I am apparently sitting the Physics Olympiad tomorrow!! :eek: It feels very last minute :s-smilie: but I can’t revise for that because I actually have a test tomorrow for Materials. :bricks:

I also went to my violin lesson, which I haven’t practised for :colondollar: My teacher always makes me feel so bad for it; I do want to practise. I just forget or there isn’t enough time during the week. But anyways, I took a book with me to read/study before my lesson (because I have to wait for my sister to finish her lesson first) and got severely distracted by an empty practice room with copies of the 2018-2020 grade piano books from Grade 5-8. :colondollar: I only managed to sight-read a few :tongue: and honestly, I feel like the teacher in the next room thought I slaughtered the music from my lack of practice :lol:

When I got home, I went out for a veryyyyy short walk and came home meaning to be productive but procrastinated for an hour before finally setting down to do some exam questions on materials. I hope the test tomorrow is mostly calculations because I can literally just pull out my formula booklet like wham! I’m cool! :B

So yeah, other than that, I haven’t done much :colondollar: and I don’t think I’m going to be posting until Tuesday/Wednesday because of life and school and other boring stuff that gets in the way and truthfully, TSR is a hugeeeee distraction and I don’t want to check it first thing in the morning and last thing at night so I think I might take a break… (says this and is on TSR 24/7 tomorrow :tongue:) In all seriousness, though, I’ll try and limit my time on TSR because 1) I have no obligation to be here and 2) I care too much :colondollar: and 3) I’m too nosy for my own good so yeah, hopefully, you won’t see me tomorrow… much.

Ta-ta,
Kei

Listening to:
BE WELL - SECHSKIES (let me be weird)
https://open.spotify.com/track/0B6Ts6gTea9SKGslwpbIG7?si=Kd0nFzqzSleYztk68qqlrg

T A G G E D L O V E L I E S :love:

Spoiler

Original post by nyxnko_
1 0 M A R C H 2 0 1 8

I guess this is going to be the last of my daily breakdowns for a while. But let’s get started. I got up at 6am, which was a good start but I didn’t actually start working until around 7am, when I decided it would be a good idea to do another session of that online course; it’s supposed to be an upper-level undergraduate course but so far, it’s pretty straightforward (I might be saying this a bit early though :tongue:).

After that, I did some work for the school magazine and wrote up my physics core prac, which I have actually left until last minute :tongue: It’s due on Monday. But it’s all good now. :biggrin:

Another thing is that I found out that I am apparently sitting the Physics Olympiad tomorrow!! :eek: It feels very last minute :s-smilie: but I can’t revise for that because I actually have a test tomorrow for Materials. :bricks:

I also went to my violin lesson, which I haven’t practised for :colondollar: My teacher always makes me feel so bad for it; I do want to practise. I just forget or there isn’t enough time during the week. But anyways, I took a book with me to read/study before my lesson (because I have to wait for my sister to finish her lesson first) and got severely distracted by an empty practice room with copies of the 2018-2020 grade piano books from Grade 5-8. :colondollar: I only managed to sight-read a few :tongue: and honestly, I feel like the teacher in the next room thought I slaughtered the music from my lack of practice :lol:

When I got home, I went out for a veryyyyy short walk and came home meaning to be productive but procrastinated for an hour before finally setting down to do some exam questions on materials. I hope the test tomorrow is mostly calculations because I can literally just pull out my formula booklet like wham! I’m cool! :B

So yeah, other than that, I haven’t done much :colondollar: and I don’t think I’m going to be posting until Tuesday/Wednesday because of life and school and other boring stuff that gets in the way and truthfully, TSR is a hugeeeee distraction and I don’t want to check it first thing in the morning and last thing at night so I think I might take a break… (says this and is on TSR 24/7 tomorrow :tongue:) In all seriousness, though, I’ll try and limit my time on TSR because 1) I have no obligation to be here and 2) I care too much :colondollar: and 3) I’m too nosy for my own good so yeah, hopefully, you won’t see me tomorrow… much.

Ta-ta,
Kei

Listening to:
BE WELL - SECHSKIES (let me be weird)
https://open.spotify.com/track/0B6Ts6gTea9SKGslwpbIG7?si=Kd0nFzqzSleYztk68qqlrg

T A G G E D L O V E L I E S :love:

Spoiler

sounds like a semi-productive day...? :h:
I get what you mean about tsr it is quite time-consuming haha but I've limited myself to checking it for 30/40 minutes before I go to bed which seems to be working (she says on day 2)
Have a good week! :smile: x
Reply 650
Original post by stalkingsilence
sounds like a semi-productive day...? :h:
I get what you mean about tsr it is quite time-consuming haha but I've limited myself to checking it for 30/40 minutes before I go to bed which seems to be working (she says on day 2)
Have a good week! :smile: x

I guess it was...
:lol: I might try that too...
you too :hugs:
ah good luck with the physics olympiad! how'd it go?
Reply 652
Original post by mez_merising
ah good luck with the physics olympiad! how'd it go?

horribly :cry: but given I did no preparation, I guess I should have expected that.
Reply 653
Welcome! Welcome to yet another episode of Kei’s Mundane LifeTM!

So what has Kei done in the last few days? Well… Kei has been very busy with her school life. Although it is the 3rd day of the week, she has already done 5 tests, :eek: including a Physics Olympiad where she supposedly scored 20? :confused: She has no idea what that score means. She has also done a Physics Materials test (which was okay), a Physics DC Currents test (which didn’t go so well), a Maths Vectors test (which was straightforward) and a Chemistry Inorganic test (which was okay…) Other than that, she has a relatively lazy week with no sign of productivity whatsoever. However, she has started a 30-day 100 sit-up challenge and is currently on Day 2 but has only done 20 so far because her tailbone hurts from doing it on a floor with no yoga mat. Kei believes she will probably quit after Day 2 if she is unable to find a substitute for the hard floor as her site for sit-ups.

*It’s hard to talk in third person… Let’s switch back to first*

So yeah… that’s been my last 2/3 days. I’ve been kinda busy, kinda lazy and I don’t think my productivity has been very good but a bonus is that I’m not checking TSR every other half hour like I normally do when I’ve got nothing to do but instead, I’ve been scrolling through Facebook :sigh: Oh dear… when will I ever learn that I do not learn things in my sleep? Hopefully, tomorrow will be more productive...

I’m going to bring this to a close because I don’t really know what else to discuss anymore. May you have a better week than I do.

Kei

Tagged on Tuesdays

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
ahhh I hope your exams go well! I tried the 100 day squat challenge but I couldn’t walk properly after day 5 so I’ve given that up lmaoo
Go Kei:jive:
Reply 656
Original post by mez_merising
ahhh I hope your exams go well! I tried the 100 day squat challenge but I couldn’t walk properly after day 5 so I’ve given that up lmaoo

tried that too :yes: gave up after day 9 as well :tongue:
Original post by 04MR17

by the way, why are you up at 2am in the morning??
Original post by nyxnko_
by the way, why are you up at 2am in the morning??
Mending bridges after an argument. :redface:
Reply 658
Original post by 04MR17
Mending bridges after an argument. :redface:

Okie :biggrin:
Reply 659
In which Kei decides to get fit

As the title says, I decided it would be a very good idea to get in some extra exercise and although this is NOT a fitness blog, I figured I might add it in here anyway :tongue: I had given up on the 30-day 100-sit-up challenge but since all my friends were doing it (and even had a group chat about it :lol:), I reckoned I might as well because they could motivate me as well :biggrin: As I said from the last post, I had given up by Day 2 (due to my poor tailbone) but I decided to just make it up over the next few days by doing an extra 25 sit ups each day :biggrin: So yeah… (I’ll come back to this after talking about Wednesday)

I think Wednesday was okay. I started with Physical Chemistry where we just talked about more equilibrium stuff and we learnt Stephen Hawking had died. :sad: Then came Further Pure, where we did more vectors. I’m really struggling with vectors and I learnt we had a test next Wednesday, which isn’t helping at all. I then had Further Mechanics (only it’s no longer Further Mechanics because all we’ve done for the past week is differentiation from Pure Year 2 (Maths) :tongue:) and we did more differentiation. I think we went over the Quotient Rule? I can’t really remember… :tongue: Oh yes, there was a fire alarm :yes: It was supposedly a ‘false alarm’ but it took quite a large 20 minutes from the FM class :sigh: I then had Physics, where I got my test back… I didn’t do very well and I knew I hadn’t done very well when I did the test. There were a lot of questions where I was just stuck and I stupidly forgot that resistance was directly proportional to potential difference. :facepalm: So yeah, I got 32/50, which is a C. It’s actually kinda disappointing as I’ve never gotten lower than an A in Physics before. I then spent the next two hours on TSR and just chatting with my friend (and playing that stupid game 2048, where I did get 2048 and 1024 but failed to make it to 4096 :tongue:) Later that day, I went out for a walk and did my 125 sit-ups.

Thursday, though, was where I really tried to get fit although I didn’t really start until like 4pm. So let’s just start from the beginning of the day. Thursday started with Double Maths, where we did loads of mechanics involving connected bodies. We then popped down to see the Year 9 science fair (because my Maths teacher is a Year 9 tutor). I stayed for 5 minutes before going to Chemistry, in which we spent the lesson at the science fair anyway. Some of the experiments are really good and some were kinda bad but the entire fair just smelled of sweat and sweets. I then came home and spent about an hour watching YouTube videos and eventually chose this workout. https://youtu.be/tbbZBtdd20U (Please note I gave up after 6 minutes :tongue: which is when the warm-up ended :colondollar:) I then settled on a 10-minute one, which should be okay, right? It’s only 10 minutes!! Wrong! I ended up only doing about 8 minutes! :facepalm: Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6voLaG9_I As you can probably tell, I'm extremely unfit. Other than try to get fit, I practised the violin for about 20 minutes and went to tennis. I then came home, did my 125 sit-ups and tried to clean my room, which is still a work in progress and disgustingly messy.

I don't usually update at this time but oh well :tongue: Am hoping the rest of you are fitter than me and have a better week than I do. Maybe I'll try that 2nd workout again...

Ta-ta,
Kei

Tagged Lovelies

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest