The Student Room Group

Kei's Journey to AAAA (GYG 2017-18)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nyxnko_
Thank you!! :hugs:
Hmm... it's very weird.. Did you feel anything else after that?

it normally happens if I know something is going to happen and I start thinking of all the things that I could/should say during said conversation.

Or sometimes during an exam I’ll get really hot and start sweating loads (which makes holding a pen fun!) so I’ll leave the exam looking like I’ve left a sauna (when in reality the hall was 10 celcius:lol:).
Reply 841
Original post by laurawatt
omg kei that's awesome!
did you get too hot? make sure you bring some cold water into the exam :smile:
:crossedf: :lovehug:

I don't think it's that. I always have a full bottle of water but this time, it felt really weird. Like I was feverish and :dontknow: I guess there's no point dwelling on it now. :tongue:
:lovehug:

Original post by Toastiekid
it normally happens if I know something is going to happen and I start thinking of all the things that I could/should say during said conversation.

Or sometimes during an exam I’ll get really hot and start sweating loads (which makes holding a pen fun!) so I’ll leave the exam looking like I’ve left a sauna (when in reality the hall was 10 celcius:lol:).

Ahhhhh yes!! That's happened to me before but I kinda feel this was different. Oh well, it's gone now so hopefully, it won't be back.
Maybe it's just using my brain a bit too much so it overheats kinda like a computer!! :lol:
Ugh... sweaty hands + pen = much discomfort :yep:
awwww....
Original post by nyxnko_
I don't think it's that. I always have a full bottle of water but this time, it felt really weird. Like I was feverish and :dontknow: I guess there's no point dwelling on it now. :tongue:

Ahhhhh yes!! That's happened to me before but I kinda feel this was different. Oh well, it's gone now so hopefully, it won't be back.
Maybe it's just using my brain a bit too much so it overheats kinda like a computer!! :lol:
Ugh... sweaty hands + pen = much discomfort :yep:
awwww....

:lol: guessing it was difficult if you feel your brain overheated:grin:
that must be so hard for you as isn’t it v hot where you live?!
Reply 843
Original post by Toastiekid
:lol: guessing it was difficult if you feel your brain overheated:grin:
that must be so hard for you as isn’t it v hot where you live?!

not really, I think it was the pressure of having 2 tests in one day.
I can't tell if it's worse to have it too hot cos the AC is off or too cold because it's turned down to 17 degrees.
Original post by nyxnko_
:hugs:
I hope you both enjoyed yourselves though :wink:
That's what I've been saying for years :lol:

It was okay...
:lol::five: More hours today as well please, totally ran out of time for stuff I wanted to do again :grumble:
Not surprised about those fantastic scores.:tongue:

But very proud all the same.:jumphug:
Reply 846
Original post by Lemur14
It was okay...
:lol::five: More hours today as well please, totally ran out of time for stuff I wanted to do again :grumble:

:lol:
Well, there's always tomorrow :tongue: I know I probably shouldn't say that but I always say that so...

Original post by 04MR17
Not surprised about those fantastic scores.:tongue:

But very proud all the same.:jumphug:

:laugh: Awwww.... :jumphug:
Original post by nyxnko_
:lol:
Well, there's always tomorrow :tongue: I know I probably shouldn't say that but I always say that so...

But in a week that won't be true...

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 848
Original post by Lemur14
But in a week that won't be true...

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

True... :afraid: My back-to-back exams are not going to be very fun... :rip:
Original post by nyxnko_
True... :afraid: My back-to-back exams are not going to be very fun... :rip:

My not back to back exams are not going to be fun :tongue: I think that's just called being an exam :wink:
Reply 850
Original post by Lemur14
My not back to back exams are not going to be fun :tongue: I think that's just called being an exam :wink:

:lol: True :wink:
Original post by nyxnko_
:lol: True :wink:

Overall I'm sure yours is worse though :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 852
Original post by Lemur14
Overall I'm sure yours is worse though :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm okay with it, actually. It's very stressful but I think I've come to terms with it. The one good thing about it is all my exams are done at once. :yep:
Original post by nyxnko_
I'm okay with it, actually. It's very stressful but I think I've come to terms with it. The one good thing about it is all my exams are done at once. :yep:

Yeah exams all over at once is nice, having 1 randomly in April I don't think is gonna have helped me :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 854
Original post by Lemur14
Yeah exams all over at once is nice, having 1 randomly in April I don't think is gonna have helped me :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait what?!? Why on earth do you just have one random exam in April? No offence but that's like... madness!
Reply 855
The last two days have been fairly chill. Mainly because exams are now approaching and because teachers now realise that we are under a lot of stress and therefore cannot cope with any more nagging (not really! :tongue:) But yeah, it's been a good 2 days.

On Tuesday, I got back my Physics Paper 1 mock in which I got 59/70, which I am actually pretty pleased with. I think if I'm getting that sort of mark now, I should expect that sort of mark in the real thing, assuming I keep putting in the work. In Paper 2, I got 56/70 which is okay too. I messed up a lot of the MCQs and I definitely need to work on my practical skills :facepalm:

Other than those 2 results, it was just a full day of revision and nothing much really happened. Wait, I lie. I decided it would be a great idea to transfer my 2000-song music library to my phone and that took a solid 4 hours yesterday, in which I did no revision. Well done me!

Today, I also haven't done much in terms of revision but I did have 5 hours of lessons in which all we did was revise so... I was pretty done when I came home. Also, the light by the front door fell and broke, leaving glass everywhere so it's been kinda hectic.

But more good news!! :woo: I got my Further Mechanics mock back and I got 79/80, which brings me to a grand total of 143/160 for Further Maths. I'm bummed I messed up a (really simple) calculation in FM1 but still, I think that's going to make me a very happy person if I actually went and got that in the real thing.

Also, I don't think I mentioned this in my GYG but I had participated in the Canadian Euclid Maths Challenge a while ago. I don't remember why I did it because I had thought it wasn't very useful but it turns out I got a merit in that so :yay: What that means though, I have no idea. :dontknow:

But yeah, I think it's been a good 2 days. I really need to up my game and get in some more revision but otherwise, I think I'm doing pretty well. However, I can't say the same for my health. I've been getting headaches recently and although they're not affecting me that much, it is kinda annoying. Maybe I just need to spend more time away from my screens. Also, my stomach's been kinda weird all day. It felt off this morning and it just got worse when I came home so I think I'm going to call it an early night today and just work tomorrow.

Ta-ta,
Kei

5 MORE DAYS!! :excited:

Tagged Lovelies :love:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
:hugs: :woo: :party2:
Omg further maths :jive:
Do you need glasses? That could be the source of the headaches :dontknow: I think it was for @Protostar :smile:
:jumphug:
Reply 857
Original post by laurawatt
:hugs: :woo: :party2:
Omg further maths :jive:
Do you need glasses? That could be the source of the headaches :dontknow: I think it was for @Protostar :smile:

:hugs: Thank you!
I already have glasses :lol: It has been a while since I last went to the eye doctors' though so I think I'll definitely make it a priority over summer. Now, the headaches don't really hurt and are just a mild annoyance but I'll have to get my eyes checked out again. :bricks:
Original post by nyxnko_
Wait what?!? Why on earth do you just have one random exam in April? No offence but that's like... madness!

Computing was in April :tongue: Because the internal exams (eg. for subjects other than maths and further maths) were in April, but because two of my subjects are those then I only had one in April :smile:
Reply 859
Original post by Lemur14
Computing was in April :tongue: Because the internal exams (eg. for subjects other than maths and further maths) were in April, but because two of my subjects are those then I only had one in April :smile:

Oh okay. That makes more sense now.
Oh a side note, I came across your very-old Year 10 GYG. (I accidentally clicked on it because TSR lags for me sometimes) It's very cute. :love:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending