The Student Room Group

New Beginnings in Newcastle: First Year

Scroll to see replies

:gah: for the first update!!
Also Wilko and IKEA :love:
:hugs:
so super excited for both of us ! - cute post, has reminded me to do my own photos aa - keep up with the amaze progress + good luck too xx
Tag me also thanks :smile:.
Original post by Protostar

Hey guys! First update of the new blog, and what an exciting week it's been :biggrin:

Bucket list update
Goal #1: Sort out accommodation - I now have somewhere to live!! :woo: I booked it on Tuesday afternoon, and payed my deposit (which I couldn't afford to do so had to get someone else to do it :hide:) so it's all confirmed now! It's a massive relief really, because after my room swap fell through I was really worrying about the possibility of having to accept the accommodation offer the university made me :yucky: which I knew would've made me unhappy. In the end I did have to go private, and it is more costly, but I can afford it and it's absolutely lovely, so I believe I made the right choice :yep: I even managed to find my first flatmate last night so that's even more exciting!

Goal #2: Get a student bank account - I've 50% done this. I applied online and it's all sorted, I just need to head over to the bank at some point next week with some ID and then it'll be all sorted :yep: So it'll be all ready for that juicy SFE payment to slide on in when it does :sexface:

Goal #5: Sort out how I'm getting to uni - I move out on September 20th, and previously my aunt was going to drive me up as she has a big car, but since it's in the week she's working :frown: But my grandma made some calls and my uncle (who also has a big car :tongue:) is willing to take me! So that's that sorted :yy:

Goal #6: Many IKEA/Wilko trips! - So far I've been on 2 IKEA trips and 2 Wilko trips :lol: (and yes, I got meatballs when I went to IKEA the second time (the restaurant was closed the first time! :mob: Unacceptable!)). The first IKEA trip was pre-results and I didn't buy anything, but the second time I went I bought towels, a laundry basket, a laundry bag for carting all my laundry down to the washers... and I can't remember what else :facepalm:. I went to Wilko on Wednesday just for a browse and to see what they had (turned out to be loads!) and today we returned and bought sooooo much stuff! :headfire:

Goal #7: Get loads of photos printed - Again only 50% done! I've ordered them all (I use Freeprints to print loads of photos from my phone), but they haven't arrived yet. I'll be very excited when they do :biggrin: I'm planning on hanging them from a wall in my room somehow - I'm sure I'll decide on the logistics of this when I get there and know what my room is properly like :tongue:

University update
Today I got an email from Newcastle which contained my timetable for Induction Week (AKA Freshers), which is a lot busier than I expected it to be - and it includes a test! :grumble: The only other thing I'm annoyed about is how early the start times are since I want to be going out on a night, so it looks like I'm going to be one tired gal during that week!

They also sent links to a couple of practice tests to have a go at, so I looked at them both :hide: The maths in them is actually incredibly easy (anything from the harder GCSE topics to AS in the first, and then A Level in the second) but I haven't done any maths in 2 months and so I've forgotten loads.... especially the AS stuff! (Logarithms who??). So it's looking like I might need to give myself a brief refresh of some things before I go as I'm sure the content in the tests is assumed knowledge and so won't be re-covered. That and it'll also get me back into "learning mode" so maybe that'll help me I guess?

I also got an email with my logon details for the uni email system, so I logged on and I had an email in their with yet more logon details... this time for some weird portal thing, I'm not really sure what that was, but I logged on to that too. I was then prompted to register as a student at the university, so I filled in all my details there and so I'm now a provisionally registered student at Newcastle University :biggrin: (I register fully on arrival) so that's exciting too!

On this portal there was also loads more information, including all the modules I'll be taking this year. In case anyone's interested, these are all core modules (no options in first year), and are:
MAS1601 - Introduction to Calculus
MAS1602 - Introductory Algebra: Complex Numbers, Vectors and Matrices
MAS1603 - Multivariable Calculus and Differential Equations
MAS1604 - Introduction to Probability
MAS1701 - Logic, Sets and Counting
MAS1702 - Number Systems
MAS1801 - Problem Solving and Computing I
MAS1802 - Problem Solving and Computing II
MAS1901 - Optimisation with Constraints
MAS1902 - Dynamics
(Key: Pure Maths, Discrete Maths, Applied Maths, Statistics)

Having read the summaries and topics for each one, the modules I'm most looking forward to are MAS1603 and 1902, and the ones I'm not looking forward to so much are MAS1604 and 1701. Mainly because I love differential equations (which is ironic since I failed FP2 loooool) and mechanics, whereas I hate stats and counting combinations and things like that. But y'know... things might change when I actually start them, who knows? :dontknow:

I don't get my timetable until September 3rd, I move on the 20th, Freshers Week starts on the 24th and teaching commences on October 1st :h:

Miscellaneous update

Due to not being reimbursed for an event I attended last month when I expected to be, I ended up really low on cash for a few weeks :redface: I then got paid yesterday (I've had a job since December, I work in a cafe on Saturdays and Sundays) but because I'm leaving soon they did weird additions and deductions to my pay and I ended up getting payed about £150 less than I expected, which was a pretty hard blow. I then immediately had to transfer £200 out of my account back to the person who payed my deposit for me, leaving me back in a similar position to that I've been in for weeks: Broke. I mean don't get me wrong, I do actually have some money now which is a welcome change, but I have my phone contract to pay at the start of September and I have other expenses too... which my balance will only just cover :argh:

It has meant I've had to ask my family to support me more than I expected and wanted to - thankfully they're willing to help me out but it doesn't stop me feeling guilty :redface: I've hardly had to ask for anything since working (I get paid very well to say I'm 18 and only work part-time) so to go back to being financially dependent doesn't sit right with me :colondollar: Like for example my mum payed for the whole Wilko shop we did today which I felt terrible about because we bought so much stuff! Of course it kinda has to be like this and my mum told me to stop being silly about it but :redface: :redface: :redface:

Yesterday my sister got her GCSE results... and she did amazingly! She exceeded her expectations in literally every subject, got the 7 in maths she needed to do the A Level, and exceeded the grades she needed in the other subjects she wants to continue too :biggrin: She was ecstatic and I'm so so so proud of her! She also had a trial shift at a job she applied for... and she got the job! So it was a very successful day for her!

Yesterday I signed my remark form for Maths and Physics, so if my grades change I shall let you know :tongue:

This weekend is my last one at work, I leave on Sunday!!! :yay: Honestly can't wait, that place stresses me out so much :lol:

Aaaaaand I think that's all I have to say :colondollar:

Hope this first update was interesting, please let me know if you'd like to be added or removed from the tag list! :heart:

Fabulous Friends

This was a great update- really liked the way you have set it out :yep: :smile:

Glad to hear you've got quite a few of your uni things all sorted! And well done to your sister! :smile:

Hey guys! First update of the new blog, and what an exciting week it's been :biggrin:

Bucket list update
Goal #1: Sort out accommodation - I now have somewhere to live!! :woo: I booked it on Tuesday afternoon, and payed my deposit (which I couldn't afford to do so had to get someone else to do it :hide:) so it's all confirmed now! It's a massive relief really, because after my room swap fell through I was really worrying about the possibility of having to accept the accommodation offer the university made me :yucky: which I knew would've made me unhappy. In the end I did have to go private, and it is more costly, but I can afford it and it's absolutely lovely, so I believe I made the right choice :yep: I even managed to find my first flatmate last night so that's even more exciting!

Goal #2: Get a student bank account - I've 50% done this. I applied online and it's all sorted, I just need to head over to the bank at some point next week with some ID and then it'll be all sorted :yep: So it'll be all ready for that juicy SFE payment to slide on in when it does :sexface:

Goal #5: Sort out how I'm getting to uni - I move out on September 20th, and previously my aunt was going to drive me up as she has a big car, but since it's in the week she's working :frown: But my grandma made some calls and my uncle (who also has a big car :tongue:) is willing to take me! So that's that sorted :yy:

Goal #6: Many IKEA/Wilko trips! - So far I've been on 2 IKEA trips and 2 Wilko trips :lol: (and yes, I got meatballs when I went to IKEA the second time (the restaurant was closed the first time! :mob: Unacceptable!)). The first IKEA trip was pre-results and I didn't buy anything, but the second time I went I bought towels, a laundry basket, a laundry bag for carting all my laundry down to the washers... and I can't remember what else :facepalm:. I went to Wilko on Wednesday just for a browse and to see what they had (turned out to be loads!) and today we returned and bought sooooo much stuff! :headfire:

Goal #7: Get loads of photos printed - Again only 50% done! I've ordered them all (I use Freeprints to print loads of photos from my phone), but they haven't arrived yet. I'll be very excited when they do :biggrin: I'm planning on hanging them from a wall in my room somehow - I'm sure I'll decide on the logistics of this when I get there and know what my room is properly like :tongue:

University update
Today I got an email from Newcastle which contained my timetable for Induction Week (AKA Freshers), which is a lot busier than I expected it to be - and it includes a test! :grumble: The only other thing I'm annoyed about is how early the start times are since I want to be going out on a night, so it looks like I'm going to be one tired gal during that week!

They also sent links to a couple of practice tests to have a go at, so I looked at them both :hide: The maths in them is actually incredibly easy (anything from the harder GCSE topics to AS in the first, and then A Level in the second) but I haven't done any maths in 2 months and so I've forgotten loads.... especially the AS stuff! (Logarithms who??). So it's looking like I might need to give myself a brief refresh of some things before I go as I'm sure the content in the tests is assumed knowledge and so won't be re-covered. That and it'll also get me back into "learning mode" so maybe that'll help me I guess?

I also got an email with my logon details for the uni email system, so I logged on and I had an email in their with yet more logon details... this time for some weird portal thing, I'm not really sure what that was, but I logged on to that too. I was then prompted to register as a student at the university, so I filled in all my details there and so I'm now a provisionally registered student at Newcastle University :biggrin: (I register fully on arrival) so that's exciting too!

On this portal there was also loads more information, including all the modules I'll be taking this year. In case anyone's interested, these are all core modules (no options in first year), and are:
MAS1601 - Introduction to Calculus
MAS1602 - Introductory Algebra: Complex Numbers, Vectors and Matrices
MAS1603 - Multivariable Calculus and Differential Equations
MAS1604 - Introduction to Probability
MAS1701 - Logic, Sets and Counting
MAS1702 - Number Systems
MAS1801 - Problem Solving and Computing I
MAS1802 - Problem Solving and Computing II
MAS1901 - Optimisation with Constraints
MAS1902 - Dynamics
(Key: Pure Maths, Discrete Maths, Applied Maths, Statistics)

Having read the summaries and topics for each one, the modules I'm most looking forward to are MAS1603 and 1902, and the ones I'm not looking forward to so much are MAS1604 and 1701. Mainly because I love differential equations (which is ironic since I failed FP2 loooool) and mechanics, whereas I hate stats and counting combinations and things like that. But y'know... things might change when I actually start them, who knows? :dontknow:

I don't get my timetable until September 3rd, I move on the 20th, Freshers Week starts on the 24th and teaching commences on October 1st :h:

Miscellaneous update

Due to not being reimbursed for an event I attended last month when I expected to be, I ended up really low on cash for a few weeks :redface: I then got paid yesterday (I've had a job since December, I work in a cafe on Saturdays and Sundays) but because I'm leaving soon they did weird additions and deductions to my pay and I ended up getting payed about £150 less than I expected, which was a pretty hard blow. I then immediately had to transfer £200 out of my account back to the person who payed my deposit for me, leaving me back in a similar position to that I've been in for weeks: Broke. I mean don't get me wrong, I do actually have some money now which is a welcome change, but I have my phone contract to pay at the start of September and I have other expenses too... which my balance will only just cover :argh:

It has meant I've had to ask my family to support me more than I expected and wanted to - thankfully they're willing to help me out but it doesn't stop me feeling guilty :redface: I've hardly had to ask for anything since working (I get paid very well to say I'm 18 and only work part-time) so to go back to being financially dependent doesn't sit right with me :colondollar: Like for example my mum payed for the whole Wilko shop we did today which I felt terrible about because we bought so much stuff! Of course it kinda has to be like this and my mum told me to stop being silly about it but :redface: :redface: :redface:

Yesterday my sister got her GCSE results... and she did amazingly! She exceeded her expectations in literally every subject, got the 7 in maths she needed to do the A Level, and exceeded the grades she needed in the other subjects she wants to continue too :biggrin: She was ecstatic and I'm so so so proud of her! She also had a trial shift at a job she applied for... and she got the job! So it was a very successful day for her!

Yesterday I signed my remark form for Maths and Physics, so if my grades change I shall let you know :tongue:

This weekend is my last one at work, I leave on Sunday!!! :yay: Honestly can't wait, that place stresses me out so much :lol:

Aaaaaand I think that's all I have to say :colondollar:

Hope this first update was interesting, please let me know if you'd like to be added or removed from the tag list! :heart:

Fabulous Friends

Tag me please :smile: That looks like a massive haul, wilkos pan sets are really good for how much they cost :smile:

I got through my GCSEs. I worked my way to good grades at AS Level. I struggled through A Levels and came out the other side. And now... I'm going to university! :headfire:

About me
Hello! I'm Protostar, and in a few weeks I'll be moving out of home and starting the next chapter of my life!

I'll be studying Mathematics at Newcastle University for the next 4 years. Newcastle was my insurance choice, but I'm not going to dwell on what could've been - I'm going to make the most of my time at uni!

Academic Info

GCSEs

AS Levels

A Levels

Bucket lists
I'm going to be making 2 separate bucket lists for this blog - one for before I move and one for what I want to do before my first term is over :crazy:

Pre-uni bucket/to-do list:

Sort out accommodation - while I have a place at uni, I currently don't have anywhere to live! :erm:

Get a student bank account

Learn some basic cooking skills

Do a huge clear out of my (home) room, throw or give away loads of stuff I don't need

Sort out how I'm getting to uni

Many IKEA/wilko trips!

Get a load of photos printed

Pack all of my stuff up and go!

First term bucket list:

Decorate my room so I'm happy with it :daydreaming:

Make some friends lol (I'm really scared of being lonely)

Join a gym :dumbells:

Join a hockey team of some description

Mingle with as many people as possible :party2:

Go out and get drunk during freshers :woo: :cheers:

Cook most days - don't get loads of takeaways!! :naughty:

Don't run out of money :hide:

Make a good start with the actual academic side of things... because that's important too :colondollar:

Keep in touch with friends from home, and obviously family, regularly :blah:

If I think of any more things I'll add them later but that's all I can think of for now!

I'll be updating this blog once a week throughout my first year of uni, and will try and keep up to date with how I'm doing with my respective bucket lists. Hopefully I manage to achieve everything on here (and more!) :h:

Since my last GYG worked so well, I'm going to have a tag list again for this blog! But I figure not everyone from my last blog will be interested in this on so I'm making a shiny brand new one :biggrin: so just let me know if you want to be tagged each week!

New blog, new tag list

And finally, I'm gonna quote in everyone who was tagged in my old GYG (promise it's just this once! :colondollar:)

Oldies but goldies

I can't wait to properly start this :biggrin: I can just tell it's gonna be a fun year!

Updates

Yay! I'm really happy for you and I hope you have a great year! Also, I love your priorities and goals for the term! Newcastle is a great uni, even if it wasn't your original plan it's gonna be awesome!

Defo tag me in for this year.
Reply 66
Tag meee, please.
Original post by monostable
Honestly wondering how you make your gyg's so pretty, mine looks horrible so I'm editing it.

For anyone wondering, I was previously dvx and I changed my username today :yeah:

Mine isn't pretty :lol: I just use bold and colourful text here and there!
I'll edit your name in the quote list :yep:

Original post by brainzistheword
:tongue: that’s good to hear! All the best - looking forward to future updates...that’s if you’ve got any more money to complete your wilkos and IKEA trips :wink:

We'll have to see about that :rofl:

Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
@Protostar wow that's a lot of shopping from Wilko and Ikea :mmm:

It is! But I know I'll use all of the stuff we've bought, so at least none of it was a waste :redface:

Original post by Lemur14
:woo: You should :wink:
Gosh I'd have thought they'd have done us together... That's a long wait (although I suppose not as long as some of the other meets) I got mine back on the 8th :redface: Although my dad now owes me £120 from today so that pales in comparison tbh :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd have thought that too but alas no :erm: I did get it back on Wednesday though at long last! :yay: You got yours so early! :eek:

Original post by Tombre
This is such an exciting time! Thanks for the tag :smile:
I don't know much about Newcastle as a uni, what're you looking forward to the most about it?

I'll keep you on the list? And there's loads I'm looking forward to - moving out and into a new place, meeting people, nights out, joining clubs and stuff, obviously the learning part of uni too :wink: I don't think I could choose one thing above the rest!

Original post by MajorFader
I was tagged in your previous thread; so I instantly thought it would carry over. It’s fine though, Just add me to the tag list again.

Do you think you are going to have a part time job whilst studying?

I wanted to make a new list as I know not everyone from my last one will want to follow this one :smile: But I will add you!
If I can help it, I'd like to not have one, as I just want to enjoy myself this year and put my all into both the academic and social sides of things (having a job would somewhat limit me) but obviously if I start struggling for cash I'll get hunting!

Original post by loginrunner
Nice blog! Glad you have got accomodation sorted. Can I have a tag so I can follow along and hopefully your blog will remind me to also prepare for uni when I inevitably leave everything too late😂😂😂

Sure! I'll add you to the list :smile:

Original post by Starlight15
Tag me plz looks interesting!

Will add you!

Original post by Blue_Cow
Best of luck :smile:

Would you like tagging? :hmmm:

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
What a wonderful first entry!
Reminds me of last year, such a fun, exciting, positive step in your life :woo:
Am literally buzzing for you :crazy:

I enjoyed reading yours :giggle:

Original post by entertainmyfaith
ah you've done a lot already which is always good:thumbsup:
and wilko always has lots of good stuff:yep:

This week's been a bit less eventful I must say :lol:
They do! I love them :tongue:

Original post by 04MR17
Freshers week stuff might say it's compulsory, but it typically isn't. The test might be an exception though.

Which modules are you studying in first semester? You won't need to worry about second semester for quite a while. And when you are able to pick modules I'm sure you can avoid stats.:wink:

For money, as soon as you get your student account you can start eating into your overdraft (assuming your account has one). That overdraft can supply any holes in your other bank accounts and anything you owe anyone. When SFE comes in that overdraft will stop being a minus and you'll be in the PLUS.:ahee:

Yeah there is that. I suppose I'll see what's what in a little while.
The first semester ones are Introduction to Calculus, Introductory Algebra, Logic, Sets and Counting, Optimisation with Constraints and Problem Solving I. So all of the better ones seem to be after January :redface:
That's a good idea actually. Still haven't gone to the bank because I'm lazy but I will :redface:

Original post by nyxnko_
Ahh it all looks really exciting!! :woo:
Good luck with the remark!!

Thank you! :biggrin:

Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
I’m so excited for you!
(Also lowkey jealous about you getting info about the course. Southampton is staying pretty quiet rn about module selection.)

At least you know now though, right? :awesome:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs: about the money situation but try not to feel too bad about your parents paying for Wilko shopping. It's exciting for them that their daughter is going to uni, so I'm sure they wanna help out in any way possible :yep:

More importantly though: HOW DARE IKEA RESTAURANT NOT BE OPEN FIRST TIME YOU WENT??!!!!! :mob: Surely the whole point of IKEA is the meatballs trip? IKEA with no meatballs is like ABBA without 'Dancing Queen' :colonhash:

#TLGLogic

Yeah you're right tbh, I know it's normal but even so!
It was so annoying!!! I was so hungry as well :frown: The hotdogs are nice but they're no meatballs :frown:
@Protostar

Yes - tag me! :smile:
Original post by bobby147
Tag me also thanks :smile:.

Will do! :smile:

Original post by claireestelle
Tag me please :smile: That looks like a massive haul, wilkos pan sets are really good for how much they cost :smile:

I'll add you! My pan and knife sets were both really cheap :biggrin:

Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
Yay! I'm really happy for you and I hope you have a great year! Also, I love your priorities and goals for the term! Newcastle is a great uni, even if it wasn't your original plan it's gonna be awesome!

Defo tag me in for this year.

Thank you!! I'll add you to the list :smile:

Original post by MR1999
Tag meee, please.

Will do :biggrin:
Mine isn't pretty :lol: I just use bold and colourful text here and there!
I'll edit your name in the quote list :yep:

We'll have to see about that :rofl:

It is! But I know I'll use all of the stuff we've bought, so at least none of it was a waste :redface:

I'd have thought that too but alas no :erm: I did get it back on Wednesday though at long last! :yay: You got yours so early! :eek:

I'll keep you on the list? And there's loads I'm looking forward to - moving out and into a new place, meeting people, nights out, joining clubs and stuff, obviously the learning part of uni too :wink: I don't think I could choose one thing above the rest!

I wanted to make a new list as I know not everyone from my last one will want to follow this one :smile: But I will add you!
If I can help it, I'd like to not have one, as I just want to enjoy myself this year and put my all into both the academic and social sides of things (having a job would somewhat limit me) but obviously if I start struggling for cash I'll get hunting!

Sure! I'll add you to the list :smile:

Will add you!

Would you like tagging? :hmmm:

I enjoyed reading yours :giggle:

This week's been a bit less eventful I must say :lol:
They do! I love them :tongue:

Yeah there is that. I suppose I'll see what's what in a little while.
The first semester ones are Introduction to Calculus, Introductory Algebra, Logic, Sets and Counting, Optimisation with Constraints and Problem Solving I. So all of the better ones seem to be after January :redface:
That's a good idea actually. Still haven't gone to the bank because I'm lazy but I will :redface:

Thank you! :biggrin:

At least you know now though, right? :awesome:

Yeah you're right tbh, I know it's normal but even so!
It was so annoying!!! I was so hungry as well :frown: The hotdogs are nice but they're no meatballs :frown:

:colondollar: have u looked at any fresher's events yet?
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:colondollar: have u looked at any fresher's events yet?

I have a little bit but if I'm honest I don't even know what to look for :colondollar: All I've found so far is this £70 wristband thing that is too expensive :redface:
I have a little bit but if I'm honest I don't even know what to look for :colondollar: All I've found so far is this £70 wristband thing that is too expensive :redface:

You should be able to buy cheaper things and stuff on the door too
Usually there is a student union box office for this stuff?!

Hey everyone :h: Hope you've all had a good week! It's been slightly less busy for me than last week but I've still done a fair amount of stuff :yep:

Bucket list update
Goal #7: Get loads of photos printed - My photos arrived the other day and I'm really happy with them :biggrin: But yeah lol this is the only bucket list-type thing I achieved this week :ashamed2:

University update
Again.... not much has really happened in the world of uni since last week! One relatively exciting thing though is that I got my timetable for the year today, and it's pretty full! (Until the end of January at least....)
On Mondays I have 6 hours of classes (they all say lectures but I'm assuming that they won't all be? Idk lol I don't know how uni works), split into 3 hours in the morning, then a 2 hour gap, then 3 hours in the afternoon :cry2: But at least I have a decent lunch break I guess!
On Tuesdays I have 3 hours, split into 2 hours in the morning, a 3 hour gap and then an hour in the afternoon. Will probably find a use for those 3 hours besides eating? Who knows :dontknow:
On Wednesdays I just have one 2 hour class first thing in the morning but then that's it, so either other things are gonna fill up the day or that's that - in which case that's quite a nice day!
My Thursdays are completely empty :woo: which is a nice addition I didn't think I'd have tbh! I say that I'll try and use that day productively but tbh all it really does is give me an excuse to go out on Wednesday nights :oops: we shall see :beard:
Fridays are pretty busy again, with between 3 and 5 hours of classes depending on the week - a lot of the small tests we have seem to be on Fridays too so that's nice :lol:
Then from the looks of things we have Christmas holidays, then a week back as normal and then I'm assuming exams - which is great timing as the exam time falls right when my birthday is :grumble: so if I have an exam on my birthday I'll be very annoyed!! (Luckily my birthday's on a Friday next year so I can go and celebrate afterwards without having to worry :tongue:) and yeah that's basically it about that!
I didn't really look much about the second half of the year but it looks a lot more spread out - around 2 to 3 things each day which is much nicer. It does mean I lose out on my free Thursdays but I'd rather have it this way I think :yep:

Other than that.... not many more developments on the uni side of things! :erm:

Miscellaneous update
Last weekend was my last weekend at my old job! :woohoo: so I'm officially unemployed again but honestly couldn't be happier :lol: The weekend itself was really busy and awful but I honestly didn't mind because I knew it was my last! The amazing people I worked with pitched in together to get me a card and some gifts which I thought was really sweet!! (And most of these chocolates have now been consumed :colone:)

On Monday I saw my grandma and we went out for a late lunch :yum: which was really really yummy! I got given some cards that family members had got me, which was really lovely, and it was just nice to catch up with my grandma as it's been a wee while since I last did!
Then on Tuesday I went to the cat cafe :woo: it was really good, the food was nice and the cats were adorable :gah: unfortunately you don't get much time inside so I didn't get many pictures of the cats but I did get a couple

After this we roamed around town and I bought a really cute daily planner thingy from Paperchase (that I forgot to take a picture of :frown:) and then just some basic mid-year diary from WH Smiths because I needed one :tongue: We then popped into Starbucks and had a coffee because you guys know how much I love it :hide: And then in the evening I watched the first episode of the new series of Bake Off! :dance: Can't say I really like any of the contestants this year, they all seem pretty annoying :erm: especially Kim-Joy and Ruby (in case anyone watches it lol) but I'm gonna carry on watching anyway since I do every year and it's just tradition at this point!

On Wednesday we had lovely weather again so we decided to make the most of it by having a picnic in the park :yum: I had a nice lunch and we just chilled out in the park for ages talking and stuff, it was fun :smile: And then afterwards we went on a little drive, which was also nice! I liked the weather, I'd missed the sunshine since Majorca :frown: I took a picture of a pretty place (or at least I thought it was lol)

Then yesterday we didn't really do much - my sister needed to go and buy something for work so we took her shopping but they didn't have what she needed :frown: But we had another drive round which was nice.

And then today I've literally done nothing :erm: I'm mainly just excited at the thought of not having to go to work tomorrow :lol:

Sorry for the kind of "nothing" update... I just want to get into the habit of updating weekly and updating on the same day each week (I seem to have chosen Fridays for some reason so I'm just gonna kinda go with it). I'll try and do more of my bucket list this week so I've got more to talk about :erm: Again, I'm sorry!

Let me know if you'd like to be added or removed from the tag list :smile:

Cool Cats

omg a cat cafe:gah: always wanted to visit one of those!
sometimes having lazy days are nice:yep:
cat cafe?! i've heard of an internet cafe, but this seems SO much cooler! :teeth: :lazy:
yum yum chocolate :drool:
:hugs:
:frown:

Glad you finally got it back! I mean I sent it in the week before which I think was before you but even so...
Sounds like you've had a good week of nothingness (well not nothing, but not much bucket list anyway) Wednesday afternoons at unis are often all off lectures for sport so I'd guess that won't fill up much. Jealous of Thursday off though naturally :laugh:
cat cafe!! :awesome:
i'm kinda envious of your free thursday... wish I had a free day in the middle of the week as well :tongue:
That seems like a great timetable, you can always go to a library or coffee shop to study in the breaks between.
Thursday off!:yay:

Typically for essay based courses you have a lecture first, and then a seminar afterwards at some point to follow it up. Don't know how a Maths course would work timetabling wise but wouldn't be surprised if it was led by a lecture each time, and then followed up by tutorials and other stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending