The Student Room Group

Work, Rest... Play? [Year 12 - Anna's GYG]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by troubletracking
Ah, I'm on also AQA for history but doing Russia and 20 century Britain. I'm on OCR for English (:angry:), so I'm not doing any of your texts but I'm currently trying to plunder through Frankenstein for wider reading and it's not going very well:lol:
Thank you! I'll look forward to hearing about your journey

What texts are you studying? I am looking for books for wider reading so would be great to know what you have to read. :smile:
And thank you! This means a lot. :hugs:
Original post by TheImpossibleOne
What texts are you studying? I am looking for books for wider reading so would be great to know what you have to read. :smile:
And thank you! This means a lot. :hugs:

I'm doing A Doll's House, Rossetti's Selected Poems, Twelfth Night, Dracula, The Bloody Chamber and All the Light We Cannot see. Think there's A Streetcar Named Desire thrown in there at some point but:dontknow:
No problem, let's smash these a levels gal!!:biggrin:

Update Five
Friday 2nd November 2018

Happy November people! It is so strange how time is going so fast; it doesn't seem like yesterday since I started sixth form... it's now been two months...!:eek4:

College has been successful so far. I won the Student Council election, and after partaking in a debating competition, I was selected to attend a two day large-scale conference! I am also really enjoying my subjects; particularly Drama.

We got our first History source paper back, and I was one mark off a B. I am pleased with my grade as this is the first History paper I have received that has been marked to A Level standard... but being one mark off a B was annoying. Still am pleased, though! :smile:

I am going to do some Sociology revision tonight and tomorrow morning, and then I am spending the rest of the day with friends for a bonfire night! It will be nice to have a break from work for a change.

:ymca:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending