The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey all,
I have applied for Medicine for the 2019 entry and so far I have been given one interview at BSMS. Their interviews are in the MMI format and I was reallyyyyy hoping you guys can help me with any advice.
Literally, ANYTHING that you think helped you or you will be using, please, please do share.

THANK YOU!!!
If one station goes badly, it's not the end of the world as you have the remaining few to make up for it. So don't feel disheartened if one went badly.
Additionally if it does go badly, don't dwell on it as this could effect subsquent stations, just clear your mind and move on.
It's also a really short period of time you are talking to them so, I don't know how the setup is for BSMS, but don't keep on talking forever. I know at my interview we had three questions so we didn't need to continously talk
I've been offered an interview in Cardiff for medicine 2019 entry and have a range of dates to choose from, ideally I would personally choose the later date as this will give me longer to prepare but was wondering if this would disadvantage my application at all?
No disadvantage to your application.
Just you may personally choose to delay preparing for the interview because it is further away- realistically will you do more prep.
It's up to you when you do the interview, most uni's complete all interviews before determining places
Original post by AzureCeleste
No disadvantage to your application.
Just you may personally choose to delay preparing for the interview because it is further away- realistically will you do more prep.
It's up to you when you do the interview, most uni's complete all interviews before determining places

Thanks!
Just slightly concerned, I've been given two interviews on the exact same date and had already committed to one. Would really like to go to both med schools and am trying to change the date but I'm worried i'll get rejected from the one I'm trying to change if they can't find another date! Is this a possibility?
Phone both Unis and ask if you can change dates.

Usually they can help with this problem, but you need to do it quickly defore all dates are filled.
Most of my uni choices are giving out interview invites and haven’t received any. :,((((
What kind of stuff could be asked??Thanks
Junior doctor contract
Privatisation of services
Changing landscape of evidence and legal policy for recreational drugs in medicinal use
Burden on social care services

You'll just be asked generically about whether you've been reading about any topical issues and be asked for your opinion on them
Hey,

So some universities give you a list of questions they could ask for their MMI. Usually MMIs are made of several stations each focusing on a different aspect. For example, one might focus on your ability to interact with patients/people. Another one might ask you questions as to why you chose that particular uni. There will also most certainly be a station on moral and ethics where they might as you about abortion, whether the NHS should pay for all treatment really and etc

To get the best possible idea it’s always good to check out the websites of the specific universities you are applying to or search your online.

Hope this helps
Reply 51
Original post by mynameisno123
What kind of stuff could be asked??Thanks

https://www.myhealth.london.nhs.uk/
Original post by I love Medicine
Most of my uni choices are giving out interview invites and haven’t received any. :,((((

I wouldn't worry at all. I had 3 interviews and recieived two of them super late compared to all my friends. Doesn't mean you are a worse applicant or less likely to get an offer.
got this reply. Does it mean anything or does everyone get this?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Dyscopia
I wouldn't worry at all. I had 3 interviews and received two of them super late compared to all my friends. Doesn't mean you are a worse applicant or less likely to get an offer.

This.

Unis never give out all their interview dates at once. Have patience.

Hi, i opened this link however it took me to services in london. Im not quite sure how this tells me about NHS topics. Maybe you have sent the wrong link :smile:
Original post by ayeshakazi2212
got this reply. Does it mean anything or does everyone get this?

Hi,
i applied to manchester but havent recieved it. What did it say exactly the screenshot only showed the first bit :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by mynameisno123
Hi, i opened this link however it took me to services in london. Im not quite sure how this tells me about NHS topics. Maybe you have sent the wrong link :smile:

Not that good copying links on my phone. Try this: https://www.myhealth.london.nhs.uk/help/nhs-today

and this https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/the-nhs/challenges-facing-the-nhs/
A timely warning folks ......
We are now in Interview season.

Please do not, under any circumstances, reveal interview questions or role-play scenarios to other TSR users, either on any TSR board or via PM.

* Firstly TSR will ban you immediately.

* Secondly, if you think about it, you would be giving an advantage to another candidate - how might then get an offer instead of you.
Its therefore in your interest not to say anything.

* General 'I think it went okay', or 'I panicked a bit with one of the role-plays' type comments are fine. Anything more detailed is totally and absolutely forbidden on TSR!
Hi, I've been invited for interviews for some of the medical schools I've applied to but I can't travel there due to costs... I know that the interviews will be conducted in an MMI style. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with skype MMI interviews for medicine specifically??

Latest

Trending

Trending