The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Further Statistics 1 - 18th June 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Me too
Original post by Jowa55
I did exactly the same
I think it was mean= 6*0.55
Then X~ Po (3.3)
The p(X=x) * 80 for the two respective no.
Original post by Keiru
15.05 + 9.Something for the Find t and s question, anyone?

Else, can someone explain how they did it?
you legend
Original post by hitec25
I’ve got the marks per question and my answers will upload when I get home
Guys do you know what Edexcel will do about our A-Level papers? I read the newest statement and they said that they might “remove” the leaked questions. Don’t you think this is so unfair to people that didn’t buy/see the leaked questions (like me) and did well on those questions?
Original post by chimer
i must be blind. how many marks do u reckon i would get if i write that?

Reckon you’d only lose two for the last step and answer. You still would get marks for working out the separate distributions and probabilities
Lads, I the last question, I made the same mistake as ‘ur busted’ ( I think his name is) and dropped 5, possible another 3 and the Beginning and another 5 for good measure. Is 62 /75 likely to get me and a* or is this just another bottle from me ?
Original post by hitec25
I’ve got the marks per question and my answers will upload when I get home

The hero we deserve.
Original post by UrBusted
look at solutionbank for exercise 7c, questions 7bii, iii and iv, it explains how to do it

why not use mean?? The distrubtion was X, and they gave the scores as e^X and X^2, so expected would be e^(E(X)) and (E(X))^2, no?

IMG_9043.JPG
take a look
How many marks do you guys think I would lose for writing the wrong number of degrees of freedom for the binomial chi-squared test - as I didn’t realise he estimated the probability - and so also coming to the wrong conclusion?
Original post by AronAdamski
Guys do you know what Edexcel will do about our A-Level papers? I read the newest statement and they said that they might “remove” the leaked questions. Don’t you think this is so unfair to people that didn’t buy/see the leaked questions (like me) and did well on those questions?

Can you link to the new statement?
Original post by pollyhy
IMG_9043.JPG
take a look

ln expansion doesnt use factorials on the bottom, just x - x²/2 + x³/3, so you got an answer that was 1/2 of what you should've due to the 3 and not 3!
Reply 231
Why 3! as denominator and not just 3 as stated in formula booklet?
Original post by pollyhy
IMG_9043.JPG
take a look
Reply 233
Hence the answer is 1/24ln(2)
Original post by ChristophMario
ln expansion doesnt use factorials on the bottom, just x - x²/2 + x³/3, so you got an answer that was 1/2 of what you should've due to the 3 and not 3!
Original post by Jowa55
Hence the answer is 1/24ln(2)

Yes!
ah **** lol i can't read thats why
Original post by ChristophMario
yeah so did i
Original post by Jowa55
YES!
Marks per question/ segment
Q1 Neg Binomial (6)
a) 2
b) 3
c) 1

Q3) Possion (8)
a) 3
b) 2
c) 3

Q3 CLT (6)
a) 6

Q4 Chi (19)
a) 2
b) 1
c) 7
d) 1
e) 4
f) 3
g) 2

Q5 Quality of tests (12)
a) 5
b) 1
c) 3
d) 3

Q6 PGF (12)
a) 1
b) 7
c) 4

Q7 Geometric (12)
a) 4
b) 3
c) 5
can we make an unofficial markscheme
I put up a complete unofficial mark scheme here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6007434

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending