The Student Room Group

Falling from Cloud 9 - Me, and my ever-loosening grip on grade 9s :)

Scroll to see replies

I honestly can not have cold showers. My showers are probably too hot :biggrin:
Original post by Fazzy_77

sammee here, if it's not burning me it's not a shower
Defo not a fan of cold showers, it would have to be lukewarm for me. 😂
Original post by mez_merising
don’t feel pressured to post everyday! ahh I love walks especially by myself but I haaaaatee cold showers my boiler is currently broken so guess imma be stinky all weekend ahaha

Ahaha and thanks for saying that :smile: trust me if its ever too much I won't post, but rn I'm really enjoying it as a way to destress and write.

Original post by _Mia101
I prefer my showers lukewarm. But I'd rather a cold shower over a hot one :yep:

Also, how did you link the previous post?

:yep:

And, I linked it by copying the post URL so right-clicking where it says post #80 for example and then copying link address. Then when I'm typing I just type in Then here you can write what you want it to show up as /url] but also with a [ before /url... I couldn't do that otherwise it would turn into a link...
I hope that makes sense, I'm not very techy so I'm really bad at explaining these sorts of things :ms:(I hope :laugh:)

Original post by Tolgarda
I had a friend in Turkey who would shower four minutes, and she was pretty precise as well. The first forty seconds were quite cold and the next forty seconds were quite warm. She was quite a fit, sporty person, and this got her through the day (according to her).

Not to be exact or anything :laugh:

I guess whatever works for her :smile:

ahaha, I understand, I used to be like that. But doesn't it burnnnnn? I had another cold shower this morning - although I was probably in too long because I had semi-brain freeze after :oops: :lol:

Original post by neurosurgically
sammee here, if it's not burning me it's not a shower

Ok thenn aha, that must hurt though? :laugh:

Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Defo not a fan of cold showers, it would have to be lukewarm for me. 😂

ahaha
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Matthew2422
ahaha, I understand, I used to be like that. But doesn't it burnnnnn? I had another cold shower this morning - although I was probably in too long because I had semi-brain freeze after :oops: :lol:

I prefer the burn over the freeze :biggrin:
Not to be exact or anything :laugh:

I guess whatever works for her :smile:

I actually stayed with a group of friends there every summer, and I sometimes waited for her to come out of the shower on a few mornings if I felt that it was finally ‘my time’ to go there. I noticed that hse was pretty quick. We actually had a discussion regarding water for showers, and she mentioned that time. I actually remember timing it myself (she'll never know lmao), and I was surprised.

I also just realised how awful I got my timings there. Somehow half of 240 seconds (i.e. four minutes) is now equal to 40 seconds instead of 120. Yeah okay, I'll take that.
I prefer the burn over the freeze :biggrin:

sameeeee - can't stand cold showers!
I actually stayed with a group of friends there every summer, and I sometimes waited for her to come out of the shower on a few mornings if I felt that it was finally ‘my time’ to go there. I noticed that hse was pretty quick. We actually had a discussion regarding water for showers, and she mentioned that time. I actually remember timing it myself (she'll never know lmao), and I was surprised.

I also just realised how awful I got my timings there. Somehow half of 240 seconds (i.e. four minutes) is now equal to 40 seconds instead of 120. Yeah okay, I'll take that.

Wowww that is so funny, what an idiosyncratic habit (just practising my vocabulary over here :laugh:)

Original post by Sun&Flowers13
sameeeee - can't stand cold showers!

Cold showers aren't so popular then ahaha... Would you like to be added to the tag list?
Saturday 28th September - Let's make an overly ambitious to-do list...

S

It's the weekend! Finallyyy. (I didn't need it as much as the past few weeks because I'm starting to get over the tired back-to-school feeling... only just, but it still feels deserved!) I had a lazy morning and lay in my bed for about 45 minutes, which I never do... I then had my routine cold shower (I love cold showers, they make me feel ready for the day and also productive) except today it was lukewarm... treat yourself :laugh:

Before I made the to-do list on Update 009 I watched some more Cable Girls on Netflix o Las Chicas del Cable si lo quieres en español :smile: which is my continuation of Spanish TV after Elite. It's really good, and a period drama so yanno :lol:

I then preceded to make the to-do list which tbh I haven't half done. But I have done all the school-related stuff apart from any of the french (which I still may do later) and so it's not too bad. This morning I did Chemistry, Biology, and English and I have just done Maths.

After Lunch, I went on a LoNg walk with family friends but it was nice to do and relax (even if my legs are semi-tired now) and then I came back and did my maths homework. I will try and get the rest on my list done tomorrow but in all honesty, most of it isn't time-sensitive and could've easily been done tomorrow. I was just being ambitious.

QotD: Thoughts on Cold Showers?
AotD: Ik they're not for everyone but when you're in I really like them :smile:

Spoiler

My weekend posts will always be a bit shorter since I don't have 5 subjects to talk about :smile:

I love a cold shower :wink:

Hope you have a good weekend!
Wowww that is so funny, what an idiosyncratic habit (just practising my vocabulary over here :laugh:)

It was an idiosyncratic habit alright, but I believe it has some benefits.

Also, practising vocabulary? Not bad, but, since you've mentioned it, I think I should tell you that vocabulary is only half the battle in the writing section of the English language exams. Maybe even 40%. I say this as someone that got 40/40 in both writing sections lol.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey there! I loved reading through your GYG (I started around 20 mins ago and I've just been going through it haha). As a fellow grade 10 (year 11) student, I can relate to this all too well. If it's possible, please tag me next time you post!

About the shower conversation: the shower I take depends a lot on my mood and what I've been doing. If I'm feeling tired or I'm unable to focus, I always take a warm shower, but if I've just played sports or been out in the sun, then cold shower for sure.
It was an idiosyncratic habit alright, but I believe it has some benefits.

Also, practising vocabulary? Not bad, but, since you've mentioned it, I think I should tell you that vocabulary is only half the battle in the writing section of the English language exams. Maybe even 40%. I say this as someone that got 40/40 in both writing sections lol.

Ahaha Well doneee! Personally I find my Writing is stronger than the other half of the language papers but it could still do with some improvement :laugh: I think I got about 35/40 on that in my mock which I was very pleased with. My grammar is all over the place though, I just always have an urge to put commas everywhere and probably over-do it on the : and the ; :lol:

Original post by reesa b
Hey there! I loved reading through your GYG (I started around 20 mins ago and I've just been going through it haha). As a fellow grade 10 (year 11) student, I can relate to this all too well. If it's possible, please tag me next time you post!

About the shower conversation: the shower I take depends a lot on my mood and what I've been doing. If I'm feeling tired or I'm unable to focus, I always take a warm shower, but if I've just played sports or been out in the sun, then cold shower for sure.

Of course you can be tagged! That makes me so happy to hear :h:

Yes someone who relates to the pros of a cold shower!
Ahaha Well doneee! Personally I find my Writing is stronger than the other half of the language papers but it could still do with some improvement :laugh: I think I got about 35/40 on that in my mock which I was very pleased with. My grammar is all over the place though, I just always have an urge to put commas everywhere and probably over-do it on the : and the ; :lol:

It was for me, although it made little difference in the end. I only dropped five marks lmao.

Also, just a reminder, but an overuse of commas isn't a solecism, and it can be quite effective.
Week 4 - Let's go at my own pace - Part 2

So continuing on from Wednesday with my Weekly Summary... I won't say too much about each individual day anymore on the basis that we have the dailies now :h: which I am very happy with! But I'll talk about the week, or in this weeks case - the latter half - as a whole.

I've managed to get all my homework done, finishing up with a French Writing Piece this morning which I have to say if my teacher doesn't like then thats her loss because I included 7 tenses in there. 7! Imperfect, Perfect, Present, Future, Simple Future, Conditional, and Future Perfect. My brain was really hurting afterwards lol. And I kept it down to 165 words (I have a tendency to go over the word limit, like a lot, last week as an example we had a french writing homework of 90 words and I may or may not have written 160 hehe) Anyway, this should have me all prepped for the French test next week on Module 4 - entirely apart from the fact that I have neglected to revise my Module 4 vocabulary but hey who cares...

Spoiler

Next week, well, tomorrow, is the deadline for the Head Boy application (I've been saying head boy all this time but there is actually one per college and we have 4 colleges, but still yanno what I mean) I just hope they don't announce it in front of anyone in Assembly because that would be embarrassing - if it's me, if its anyone else I don't care, well I do, but I probably won't in the moment. :laugh:

Yesterday evening, I had a trial for a sports team. There is another training session around Late October or Early November I think and then the team will be selected *fingers crossed*

Me realising that my whole life is about being selected for things :eek::laugh:

I have just come back from going out for lunch with my family. We went to Zizzis (love me some Pizza) and I had a spicy chilli Pizza, which normally I'm all for but they've definitely ramped up the heat I felt like a boiling kettle. Wow my analogies are weird.

Moving on, I've found the desk I want (and added a bunch of cushions to the basket for my bed :lol: ) so I will probably order that later!

Exciting Times... Exciting Times...

I can't think of much else to tell so I'm going to leave it here!

QotD: Chilli? Spice Tolerance? Also wondering whether I should keep up the QotD or whether its becoming a bit pointless?
AotD: My Mum eats raw chillies all the time so I've grown up with quite a good tolerance, although I was proven wrong today :laugh:

Spoiler

I have also decided this might be a good place for Episode 1 - Let's Pilot to end, since we're getting into the swing of things and I've started daily posting so stay tuned for Episode 2 in the contents section!
It was for me, although it made little difference in the end. I only dropped five marks lmao.

Also, just a reminder, but an overuse of commas isn't a solecism, and it can be quite effective.

Might need you to start tutoring by the sounds of things.

*define solecism: a grammatical mistake in speech or writing.*

Oh ok I get youuu and I might flag that up with my teacher if I'm criticised :laugh:
I eat quite a lot of spice, I can deal with it. My parents use a lot. Although I don't really see the point of the unnecessary discomfort most of the time. Too much can ruin food.
Original post by Obolinda
I eat quite a lot of spice, I can deal with it. My parents use a lot. Although I don't really see the point of the unnecessary discomfort most of the time. Too much can ruin food.

Very true. Too much of a good thing is always bad :laugh:
Might need you to start tutoring by the sounds of things.

*define solecism: a grammatical mistake in speech or writing.*

Oh ok I get youuu and I might flag that up with my teacher if I'm criticised :laugh:

I've helped many students on this forum in the past. If you ever feel like you may be struggling with something English-related, just PM me and we can go over it.
I can take a fair amount of spice. But only like mild. (Taking the medium peri peri sauce at Nando's is as far as I'll go :yep:, not that I go to Nando's often:yucky: )
I looooooveeee spicy stuff I literally have a litre bottle of nandos sauce at home

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending