The Student Room Group

TSR's One Album a Day Club

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gjd800
Was it 1997 ish? I was 10 going on 11 then, but I think I only saw it a couple of years into high school

You might be right yknow!

It was 1997 lol Thought it was 95 when she died. So I was like 4 when it came out meaning I was too young to see it yet I still know her you get me.

Original post by nathan_nacu
No. He isn’t. I’m 19, why would I know of that movie lmao?

she died when I was a toddler and I'm not American nor hispanic yet I know her.. and the whole world mourned her loss on 31 March with YouTube on fire on all her videos with ppl who are younger than u saying they mourn for her, also you asked a question about Lopez that you could've easily googled. So the comment was altogether ignorant.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
she died when I was a toddler and I'm not American nor hispanic yet I know her.. and the whole world mourned her loss on 31 March with YouTube on fire on all her videos with ppl who are younger than u saying they mourn for her, also you asked a question about Lopez that you could've easily googled. So the comment was altogether ignorant.

I know her, I don’t know of THE MOVIE. I’m mot American or Hispanic either but i knew her too lmao. I can’t mourn someone I didn’t feel a close relationship with their music over but i pay my respects and dip, i ‘mourn’ ppl like Whitney Houston who impacted me
Quality late night album review content. :coma:
How do u make things bold on TSR :frown:

[noparse]whatever[/noparse]
whatever
Original post by Glaz
[noparse]whatever[/noparse]
whatever

thank you 👁👄👁
No. He isn’t. I’m 19, why would I know of that movie lmao?

I know about loads of films from before I was born, why wouldn't you?
melodrama :teeth:
Original post by gjd800

fair point but I only know of particularly big titles. While Selena was a massive figure in her life her biopic wasn’t exactly such a massive blockbuster hit to have come to my attention. I dont want to derail this thread further so I won’t speak on it anymore.
Original post by gjd800

Original post by entertainmyfaith
melodrama :teeth:

U guys are both on at the same time :teeth:
Original post by Bang Outta Order
U guys are both on at the same time :teeth:

and... what does this mean?? :confused:
and... what does this mean?? :confused:

I thought u were @sinfonietta

I glanced at the name and had a smoke some I can't see right
Right, don't really want to catch up on whatever I missed yesterday. Keeping this thread back on track:

I didn't enjoy Lorde at all really, it's the kind of pop music I'm not particularly into and I didn't find it catchy or entertaining either. 3/10.
Original post by gjd800

Thought the person I quoted was sinfonietta
Album 20

In keeping with trying to make every day different to the last.............

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/6mUdeDZCsExyJLMdAfDuwh?si=GdOicTooRrKEagIcwsakuA
Original post by Evil Homer

Album 20

In keeping with trying to make every day different to the last.............

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/6mUdeDZCsExyJLMdAfDuwh?si=GdOicTooRrKEagIcwsakuA

*clicks link* AC/DC Back in Black. :ms:
melodrama- 10/10. one of my favourite albums and there is not one weak track. such a good exploration of the highs and lows of heartbreak.
Back in Black

Hells Bells - Solid intro. :coma::coma:

Shoot to Thrill - Not bad.

What Do You Do for Money Honey - Sounds like a less good version of the above.

Given the Dog a Bone - Crude, but catchy. :coma:

Let Me Put My Love into You - :coma:

Back in Black - Good title track. :coma:

You Shook Me All Night Long - My kind of music. :coma:

Have a Drink on Me - Passable.

Shake a Leg - All starting to sound a bit samey again.

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution - A song I can strongly agree with. :coma:

7/10, every song was nice to listen to, but due to them having such a consistent sound, a few seemed to blend into one for me.
I gave up on the last one because regardless of how good or bad the artist is I just can't get myself to enjoy the genre and I lost interest in listening to it pretty quickly. I know we're broadening our music tastes here but... nah not this one.

Anyway!

AC/DC Back in Black - errrr that was pretty good, kind of lost focus on it but nothing I wasn't happy to listen to.
Especially at the start I didn't notice when Shoot to Thrill began or finished. But the two main hits on there (Back in Black and all night long) definitely agree with me. 7/10 as well.
Btw a sentence to appreciate Brian Johnson's vocals. Truly iconic.
(edited 4 years ago)
melodrama- 10/10. one of my favourite albums and there is not one weak track. such a good exploration of the highs and lows of heartbreak.

100% agree with this, stunning album for fans of the genre. Lorde was my most streamed Spotify artist of the decade.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Shoot to Thrill - Not bad.
What Do You Do for Money Honey - Sounds like a less good version of the above.

Wrong way round

Quick Reply

Latest