The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century GCSE Science - B4 B5 B6 - 9th June 2017

B1B2B3 C1C2C3 P1P2P3 B4B5B6 C4C5C6 P4P5P6

Hi All
I thought it would be useful to have a thread in which we can all discuss the 2017 Science exams. We can help each other with areas of weaknesses, as well as discuss how we are feeling about the exam, etc.
Also, if you have any useful resources or predictions to share, please do as it will benefit others. If you need any resources, just ask and hopefully someone will be able to send them.
All the best with revision and the exams!

Revision List of Topics:

B4
Features of all living things (chemical reactions in cells - respiration, photosynthesis - and cell structure)
Enzymes
Ensymes in plants
Passive Transport - Diffusion
Passive Transport - Osmosis
Active Transport
Rate of Photosynthesis
Environment and Adaptations (the effects of light on plant growth)
Aerobic Respiration
Anaerobic Respiration
Fermentation, Bioethane and Biogas

B5
How organisms develop - human animals and plants
Phototropism
Plant Clones
DNA and Chromosomes (double-helix, etc)
Mitosis
Meiosis
Protein Synthesis
Switching Genes on and off
Stem Cells

B6
Behaviour (simple and complex)
Reflexes (new-born reflexes, animals)
Receptors
The Nervous System
Synapses
Brain Structure (cerebral cortex)
Instinctive/Learnt Behaviour
Human Learning (neuron pathways being formed)
Memory
Effect of drugs on the nervous system (e.g. ecstasy, anti-depressants (prozac) and beta-blockers)

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Any predictions yet??
Original post by Sophief2000
Any predictions yet??

Stem cells will almost inevitably come up. Usually appearing in B123, OCR chose not to include them in this year's core biology paper so a question should appear for B5 in this year's additional biology paper.
Reply 3
Original post by CandidateZero
Stem cells will almost inevitably come up. Usually appearing in B123, OCR chose not to include them in this year's core biology paper so a question should appear for B5 in this year's additional biology paper.

Yes, I also agree with you.

Most likely they will. But any ither potential 6 markers that might come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moa.asim
Most likely they will. But any ither potential 6 markers that might come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm praying phototropism doesn't come up😂
Original post by Sophief2000
I'm praying phototropism doesn't come up😂

Why? It is probably o e of the easiest 6 markers because you dont have to really talk about anythibg specific. Meiosis and mitosis are annoying because theres so much to talk about and I dont like writing essays 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Why? It is probably o e of the easiest 6 markers because you dont have to really talk about anythibg specific. Meiosis and mitosis are annoying because theres so much to talk about and I dont like writing essays 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably will be phototropism which is nice bc not much to say - I think something about meiosis and meiosis came up last year so we might be lucky and not get it! If anyone has the paper please share what was on it! :smile:
Original post by hello31
Probably will be phototropism which is nice bc not much to say - I think something about meiosis and meiosis came up last year so we might be lucky and not get it! If anyone has the paper please share what was on it! :smile:

Ill post the questions when im able to find the paper from the stash of papers on my desk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think meiosis and mitosis is quite straight forward if you just learn the mark scheme and what points would you put about phototropism ?
Ill post the questions when im able to find the paper from the stash of papers on my desk

ahah thanks my room is practically flowing with papers. i think for b5 it could be a generic where and how are proteins made perhaps with a particular example. that has come up a few times and you can just learn the markscheme points.
Reply 11
Original post by hello31

I have attached the 2016 paper :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Emmy_Girl

thank you so much! do you have the markscheme by any chance?
Reply 13
Original post by hello31
thank you so much! do you have the markscheme by any chance?

I have attached the mark scheme as well. I have the 2016 papers for all modules, will upload them to their individual threads (linked in first post) when I get a chance to.

Do you have the 2016 C7, P7 and/or B7 papers by any chance?
Reply 15
Do you have the 2016 C7, P7 and/or B7 papers by any chance?

Sorry, I do not have those. I am still trying to get hold of those, so if I do I will post them.
Sorry, I do not have those. I am still trying to get hold of those, so if I do I will post them.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I meant to ask my teacher (who has access to the Interchange) on Friday, but unfortunately forgot.

TSR are probably going to message you for copyright now and if you get 4 of them you could be banned or something. These paper are password protected therefore by distributing them you are going against the copyright but who cares lol us GCSE students need all the help we can get.

Am just saying this because I was messaged yesterday since I asked for Mock set 2 in maths which "goes against the TSR rules"
Hi, could you please make a list of topics for each module like you did for p456 please? That really helped with revision and planning 6 mark answers.
Thank you, I appreciate it. I meant to ask my teacher (who has access to the Interchange) on Friday, but unfortunately forgot.

B7 paper and markscheme attached. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending