The Student Room Group

I can't get my nipple ring out!!!

Got my nipple pierced about 5 months ago, it's fully healed now, never had so much as a spec of blood or puss come out of it. Anyway, I've decided to change the ring and put a bar in, but I just can't get the ring out!!! The ball on the ring just won't twist, it will not budge!!!

Has anyone any ideas on how to loosen the ball and/or get it out!?!?

Help appreciated! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pliers? Lol
Reply 2
Aspect
Got my nipple pierced about 5 months ago, it's fully healed now, never had so much as a spec of blood or puss come out of it. Anyway, I've decided to change the ring and put a bar in, but I just can't get the ring out!!! The ball on the ring just won't twist, it will not budge!!!

Get a piercer to do it for you :smile:
run it under hot water, it also loosens jam jars when you cant get the lid off
:smile:
It's probably dried into place. Try twisting it.
Reply 5
You could try warm water, that will heat the metal up and it will expand a little and may give you a better chance. Or something to grease it like butter or soap, but I don't know how helpful that would be :smile: If you still can't get it out, pliers! lol
Or go get it cut off at a piercing place. The ring that is, not your nipple :smile:
Reply 6
This thread is making my nipples cringe :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Me too^

Though that is compensated for by the image of someone trying to loosen a nipple ring by spreading butter :toofunny:
any form of lubrication to get into the ball would losen it, i would try using water, soap and oil based products, if you are still having difficulties, then you could always resort to a squirt of WD40, then leaveit a bit, then dry it and try again. if in doubt go see a piercer or alternatively a doctor, as they may be able to suggest something... just don't use excessive force on it!!!
Go back in time to 5 months ago to warn yourself not to do so something so stupid?
Reply 10
Asphyxiate, don't be an idiot. Whats stupid about it?

And get some latex gloves on. Try and grip the ring with one hand and push the ball out with a finger. Orrr wrap some tape around scissors or thin pliers and push the ring apart a little. The ball should come out very easily.

However, I very much doubt your nipple is FULLY healed after 5 months and I'd recommend seeing your piercer to ensure a good quality, sterile barbell is put in.
Kate.
Asphyxiate, don't be an idiot. Whats stupid about it?

The nipple is a very sensitive area and you're putting a hole in it. Owwwwwww :p:
Reply 12
And? Obviously the OP doesn't seem to be regretting it, nor did they ask for opinions on nipple piercings. It was just a pointless reply.
Kate.
And? Obviously the OP doesn't seem to be regretting it, nor did they ask for opinions on nipple piercings. It was just a pointless reply.

I'm not defending the response, i'm defending nipples. :biggrin:
Reply 14
Yeah get little pliers and try to open the ring with them. As Kate said, latex gloves can also help with the grip and I guess a piece of toilet paper might do the same. It's quite common that rings are tight like that, it takes a bit of an effort to get them out.
I would strongly suggest going to see your piercer who will be able to help :smile:

Before you touch your piercing, make sure you wash your hands, preferably wear latex gloves and sterilise anything which comes into contact or near to the piercing, i.e pliers if you're going to use them...
I'll come over and give you some lubrication for it :p:

On a serious note, try any of the above sensible things, if they dont work go see the doc, shudnt be a problem.
Reply 17
Go to the place you got it pierced, I couldn't get the ring that was put in the middle of my ear when it was pierced to come out. They loosened it for me though :smile:
Original post by Aspect

What I did was get a cloth bandaid, put the sticky side on the ball and use the cloth side for a grip and twisting it usually twists from the outer ball (nearest your arm) and comes right out
Original post by Aspect

just give it a good tug

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending