The Student Room Group

Hamlet revision notes?

Anyone got any good Hamlet revision notes? My teacher's a bit terrible, and I'm panicking!
Reply 1
Apart from those in the wiki (under 'H')?
Reply 2
I have a whole file of notes but it's not like I can just transcribe them for you. Try buying the Hamlet York Notes (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hamlet-York-Notes-Advanced/dp/058278428X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1202248278&sr=8-1) Good luck
Yeah I thoroughly recommend the York notes too. They're usually pretty good for the plays. My teacher at A-level was a drunk (seriously) and the york notes were a real life-saver.
Reply 4
My teacher is a miracle worker and has denounced the York notes to.. well yes.. anyway.. I have found the book: Hamlet but Sydney Bolt very helpful and it offers a very well written, structured guide to Hamlet. The section on his speechcraft is particularly interesting. It is 2.99 on Amazon.

The York notes are good for a general outline and quote spotting, not bad on themes either but if you want deep insight and interesting discussion try Bolt's book.
Have you tries sparknotes.com?
Original post by spider from mars
Yeah I thoroughly recommend the York notes too. They're usually pretty good for the plays. My teacher at A-level was a drunk (seriously) and the york notes were a real life-saver.

where do i get them from

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending