The Student Room Group

Boots Interview

I have a boots interview this afternoon (only arranged it yesterday) and im not really sure what will happen.

bootsjobs.com says "This assessment will include different exercises to allow you to demonstrate your suitability for the role and for us to get to know you. It should last no longer than 35 minutes and will also provide you with an opportunity to see what it is like to work for Boots. As part of the exercise will be on the shop floor, we ask that you wear smart dress. "

but im still not sure about what will happen. i really want this job so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas what sort of things the exercises might be
I'm assuming you might have to demonstrate skills with customers and knowledge and stuff... I guess? :p: Not really sure, sorry. But good luck!
Reply 2
I have an interview today for Ted Baker!! am well scared!! I don't even know what to wear lol
Reply 3
I had an interview like that, we were given a product and had to stand in front of everyone and sell it. I got a drill =/
Also you'll probably be asked to help a customer to see how you interact with them.
oohh oohh btw.... my friend had a boots interview n she impressed em by on the walk around of the store arranging the products at the front of the shelf facing out.... just like its a natural habbit... :wink:
x
One of my friends said in an interview for a clothes store they asked her to do a role play and it ended up being completely un-related to the shop itsself, so maybe they just wanted to see how she would cope with customers and such...?

I'm not really sure to be honest, the jobs I've had have never needed a one to one interview.
Reply 6
x-pixie-lottie-x
oohh oohh btw.... my friend had a boots interview n she impressed em by on the walk around of the store arranging the products at the front of the shelf facing out.... just like its a natural habbit... :wink:
x

ooh thank you for this tip
right for boots .. from what i can remember, thay ask you to do two activites or whatever.
firstly they give you a sheet and it has a list of things to do kind of thing .. and you have 15 minutes to do what you can. this is basically going around the shop finding things, like 2 for 3 offers , or cheapest tothbrush or a place to sit in the shop basically things like that and the interviewer will follow you around.

after you've done that, they give you like a product to find.. i cant remember properly, but i had to find starighnters, so you'll get some time to find a suitable one and show the interviewer and explain why you chose that product.
FTC199
ooh thank you for this tip

yw:smile: x
btw good luck and let us know how it goes!
Reply 10
does anyone know what type of role play you have to do for boots i hate getting in front of crowds.
The basic Boots interview includes:

A normal chat with employer asking questions

Offering baskets around the store

Offering bags at tills

How to improve store

Finding a cheapest item

So if you don't know the store you are going to very well, make sure you pop in early and have a good nosey around :P

Good luck though, Boots is a good company :smile:

P.s: The interview may have changed since I had one which was over 2 years ago :/

Latest

Trending

Trending