The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Smile-Like-You-Mean-It
could you use tinned tomatoes? if so how many tins? could you give exact quanitites of the ingredients for one person? well i could make it for 4 people then eat it for 4 days if you get me! x

Cheaper to buy real tomoatos - there's no added sugar.

6 plum tomatoes will make enough for 2 small servings or 1 big serving.

I used to make it with 12 and freeze it.

Seriously - it's soup. Have as much or as little garlic or onion as you like.

You can add it to mince beef and have super healthy spag bol as well.
Reply 161
Women
They really are natural cooks
Reply 162
Lady Venom
You LOSE Tufts, not LOOSE :rolleyes:

Dunno. You look fine to me. If your face was any skinnier it would look pretty gaunt.

Nah, I have a horrid round face. It runs in the family. Here's me as a nipper:

My father had one (but he was a fat lad). When he lost a HELL of a lot of weight when he had cancer, his whole face shape changed :eek: It was no longer round.
Tufts
Nah, I have a horrid round face. It runs in the family. Here's me as a nipper:

My father had one (but he was a fat lad). When he lost a HELL of a lot of weight when he had cancer, his whole face shape changed :eek: It was no longer round.

Ahh don't be silly you look fine. Have you thought that perhaps it's your hairstyle? The longer my hair is the thinner my face looks.... I've lost a lot of weight over my face, my big sunnies are waaay to big now. It will come. Just make sure you are eating properly and getting enough calories to allow your body to burn fat.
FluxC
Women

Hahaha, you've never seen or tasted my cooking then.
Reply 165
steffi.alexa
Hahaha, you've never seen or tasted my cooking then.

Ditto here. There's a reason I only eat cold food :biggrin:
Reply 166
FluxC
Where you store fat is mostly genetic. You can change your face though you need a dramatic change in your body. Since I gained 40lb my face looks alot better, my jaw has filled out alot, maybe it's just because I'm aging but I look totally different to how I did a year ago.

If you lose alot of fat you will lose it from your face (eg competition level bodybuilders with muscle seperation in the face), but you are a girl and have higher bodyfat than men anyway.

Besides your cheeks look cute anyway *grabs cheek like old wife*

:puppyeyes: But I'm bored of loosing weight. Do I need to go down to a size zero for my face to change? It would appear so.
FluxC
Women

Yup. I like the cooking....

... sadly I'm best at cakes :s-smilie: To the point where I'll make one and see it off hehe. Haven't made one in 3 years though. My mother taught me well. Living on my own for the last 4 years has made me more experimental as well.
Tufts
:puppyeyes: But I'm bored of loosing weight. Do I need to go down to a size zero for my face to change? It would appear so.

No. You just need to get your BF% down. This does NOT mean going to a size zero. Although there is a healthy size zero which somehow I am and I eat 3000cals/day. It's all about how clean you eat and how much you exercise. Tufts you should start lifting weights. Seriously, that's how I got my BF% down. Go for it like you want to bodybuild. It will take you years to get disgustingly muscly so you may as well do it to get your BF down and that way you can relax your very strict diet a wee bit. I'm not butch at all. I'm comfortably a size zero in the USA.
Lady Venom
Yup. I like the cooking....

... sadly I'm best at cakes :s-smilie: To the point where I'll make one and see it off hehe. Haven't made one in 3 years though. My mother taught me well. Living on my own for the last 4 years has made me more experimental as well.

Thanks for the soup recipe! I've just finished making it and it tastes great (I had to make it without the onion because we didn't have any). The fact that I like it when I usually hate tomato soup...
steffi.alexa
Thanks for the soup recipe! I've just finished making it and it tastes great (I had to make it without the onion because we didn't have any). The fact that I like it when I usually hate tomato soup...

Good good. It is yummy and you can add other stuff to it - go mad with herbs, black pepper, red onion, white onion, spring onion....
Reply 171
LV, how tall are you and what size is your waist, also what do you weigh?

lol I'm in the red for the women comment :frown:. brb ironing blouse
FluxC
LV, how tall are you and what size is your waist, also what do you weigh?

Ok, I'm a weird one - I have a proper hour glass shape:

Weight: 60kg 1st thing (usually 63-64kg by end of the day!)
Height: 173cm
Neck: 12"
Shoulder - Shoulder: 19" (Approx. - this is hard for me to measure on my own)
Wrist: 6"
Forearm: 9"
Bicep: 11"
Ribs: 26"
Chest: 33"
Waist" 25"
Hips: 33"
Thighs: 20"
Calves: 14"

You have 15% body fat.

You have 9 Kilograms of fat and 51 Kilograms of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

I think that's not right because I still have no abs although I haven't been working them that hard. Have been feeling rubbish all week :frown:

Some shots from June:

Some shots from May:

Reply 173
Lady Venom
No. You just need to get your BF% down. This does NOT mean going to a size zero. Although there is a healthy size zero which somehow I am and I eat 3000cals/day. It's all about how clean you eat and how much you exercise. Tufts you should start lifting weights. Seriously, that's how I got my BF% down. Go for it like you want to bodybuild. It will take you years to get disgustingly muscly so you may as well do it to get your BF down and that way you can relax your very strict diet a wee bit. I'm not butch at all. I'm comfortably a size zero in the USA.

Will weights deal with my face though?

I used to weight train a lot last year and it did nothing for my face.
Tufts
Will weights deal with my face though?

I used to weight train a lot last year and it did nothing for my face.

Twill if you work hard enough becuase it will lower your overall BF% however you have to eat properly, like 2000cals/day.
Reply 175
Nice glutes LV.
FluxC
Nice glutes LV.

Thanks. I just quickly took some more. Sorry I'm in my pants cos I can't find any other clothes (I'm packing up my room....)

I think I'm improving, it's hard to see. I know I've come a long way since last summer.....

I really need to stretch my quads, they're looking a bit bunched here!
Reply 177
Lady Venom
Twill if you work hard enough becuase it will lower your overall BF% however you have to eat properly, like 2000cals/day.

2000 cals per day on a 5ft frame?? :eek:

Nice pics btw :wink: Stunning.
Tufts
2000 cals per day on a 5ft frame?? :eek:

Nice pics btw :wink: Stunning.

Mrmm you are quite short.... :p:

I eat near enough 2500 - 3000 I think. I don't know because I don't calorie count that much. I just eat when I'm hungry. And if I feel lethargic I eat more.

My BMR is 1440. Given My activity level I have to consume 2800 or thereabouts. If I feel rubbish it's usually because I'm not eating enough. Like today.

I've had-

Porridge with nuts and raisins
Toast with marmalade
2x slice of ham, 3x slices of salami, half a pork pie (yes I know... ), handful of rocket, 1x carrot (large!) and olive oil + balsamic dressing
1x soya yoghurt
1x banana
2x wholemeal toast and marmalade
I'm gonna have some protein on the way to the gym
I'll have some Rego after my workout which is 200cals
For dinner I've got poached salmon with veg and some bread on the side for some carbs
Before dinner I'll probably have osmething to eat - some salami or something and then probably something before bed as well?
Lady Venom
Mrmm you are quite short.... :p:

I eat near enough 2500 - 3000 I think. I don't know because I don't calorie count that much. I just eat when I'm hungry. And if I feel lethargic I eat more.

My BMR is 1440. Given My activity level I have to consume 2800 or thereabouts. If I feel rubbish it's usually because I'm not eating enough. Like today.

I've had-

Porridge with nuts and raisins
Toast with marmalade
2x slice of ham, 3x slices of salami, half a pork pie (yes I know... ), handful of rocket, 1x carrot (large!) and olive oil + balsamic dressing
1x soya yoghurt
1x banana
2x wholemeal toast and marmalade
I'm gonna have some protein on the way to the gym
I'll have some Rego after my workout which is 200cals
For dinner I've got poached salmon with veg and some bread on the side for some carbs
Before dinner I'll probably have osmething to eat - some salami or something and then probably something before bed as well?

Wow, 3000 calories is a lot. Your pics look amazing BTW! What exercise(s) do you do?

Latest