The Student Room Group

Resits?

I got my AS results on thursday, and I was hoping for a AAAB but i only managed AABC. The B was in Maths (13 marks off an A), and the C was in AQA History where I got a D on the coursework exam & 2 Bs in the exams, what I was wondering was if i could retake the coursework exams without continuing the course into A2? I also intend to resit my Maths C2 & M1 modules, I could wait until Jan 09 to resit, but I was wondering if it's possible to resit them any earlier?

I was also thinking of taking up Eng Lit AS in my A2 year, meaning at the end of A2 i would have 3 A2 grades and 2 AS. I'm thinking of applyng to some of the top universities (Warwick, LSE, Cam') do you think the lack of 4 full A Levels would cause them to look upon me unfavourably?

Sorry, if there's a thread like this already. I have spent the last half hour or so perusing the forum, but there are so many threads on here it can be a bit overwhelming.
Reply 1
anyone? sry if bumps are not allowed
I think you need to focus on your A2s. Just make sure you get A's in them. That's it.
Reply 3
yes, but how do my current grades bear in light of my wanting to go to some of the top universities? do you think i still have a chance?
Original post by Zweihander
yes, but how do my current grades bear in light of my wanting to go to some of the top universities? do you think i still have a chance?

I think you will still have a chance. Just work hard in your A2s and make sure you manage your time well.
Reply 5
Original post by Zweihander
I got my AS results on thursday, and I was hoping for a AAAB but i only managed AABC. The B was in Maths (13 marks off an A), and the C was in AQA History where I got a D on the coursework exam & 2 Bs in the exams, what I was wondering was if i could retake the coursework exams without continuing the course into A2? I also intend to resit my Maths C2 & M1 modules, I could wait until Jan 09 to resit, but I was wondering if it's possible to resit them any earlier?

I was also thinking of taking up Eng Lit AS in my A2 year, meaning at the end of A2 i would have 3 A2 grades and 2 AS. I'm thinking of applyng to some of the top universities (Warwick, LSE, Cam') do you think the lack of 4 full A Levels would cause them to look upon me unfavourably?

Sorry, if there's a thread like this already. I have spent the last half hour or so perusing the forum, but there are so many threads on here it can be a bit overwhelming.

Are you the guy that's always on the investment banking section claiming to be an intern? :lolwut:
Original post by Tateco
Are you the guy that's always on the investment banking section claiming to be an intern? :lolwut:

Look at the date of the thread ffs.
Reply 7
Original post by Tsunami2011
Look at the date of the thread ffs.

Well then why did someone comment on it giving advice now? :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest