The Student Room Group

How long will a provisional lisence take to come?

I am sending it tommorow and my birthday is on the 26th. I know it won't arrive in 10 days but does anyone know how long it will take?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My birthday is the 24th, I sent it off last Friday. It will take at least 15 days from what I've heard but up to 4 weeks, we'll have to wait and see I suppose. :smile:
Mine only took a couple of weeks but i put it to start on the first of that month i sent it for to be sure when i got it, it would be valid.
Reply 3
Don't know how long mine took as i ordered it just before my birthday so that i could have my first driving lesson my birthday. It was the day before my birthday and i still hadn't received it and was a bit worried for the next day. Turns out when my birthday came my mum had opened my letter and hidden it from me and suprised me with a knock on the door by the driving instructor... I was so shocked.

I think it was about 3 weeks before my birthday when i applied.
Reply 4
Applying online seems to be the quickest way. If you have a newish passport then you can use the same photo that's on there and save time.

I was told it takes around 10 days (or perhaps even a maximum of 10 days).
A few days after they receive a complete application. I sent mine off last Wednesday, and received my provisional today. I think you'll receive it within 10 days easily! :smile:
Reply 6
Mine only took about a week to come, maybe less, same with my full licence.
Reply 7
Ok, thanks.
I have tried many times online but my parents kept saying i'll order it tomorrow (i need their credit card.) Someone told me it took about 2 months so I am glad that's not the case!
Reply 8
it depends on what you use for proof of identity, if it is a british passort it is much quicker then other methods as they don't need to go into detail to check your identity. my sister doesn't have a passport and hers took 3 weeks i do and mine was just over a week
Mine was very quick, I only got it for I.D but I was very impressed with the speed. About a week I think. :smile:
Mine came in 4 days! I was really happy :smile:
Reply 11
jessburn123
I am sending it tommorow and my birthday is on the 26th. I know it won't arrive in 10 days but does anyone know how long it will take?

wow your birthday's on the same day as mine!
I applied online and got it within a week. Now I have to find an instructor!
Reply 12
Mine took only a week to come.
Reply 13
Got it today. (Finally)
I applied for my provisional last week Friday and I need it before the 19th of june do you think i'll get it?
Reply 15
Original post by Kerrymuli
I applied for my provisional last week Friday and I need it before the 19th of june do you think i'll get it?

Oooh I saw you might just be able to get it. Boarder line though. We can hope. :redface:
Original post by 8472
Oooh I saw you might just be able to get it. Boarder line though. We can hope. :redface:

Hope so waana go out
Reply 17
Original post by la.de.da

About two weeks, just had to help my younger sister apply for hers today.

Also, notice how it's changed... I applied for my provisional in May 2012, back then you applied online, paid £50.00, were then sent a form and you then filled that out, sent it back and then received your licence through the post, that whole process took about 3 weeks.

Now you just apply online, pay £34.00 and then they send your licence in the post.
Original post by WSH1995
About two weeks, just had to help my younger sister apply for hers today.

Also, notice how it's changed... I applied for my provisional in May 2012, back then you applied online, paid £50.00, were then sent a form and you then filled that out, sent it back and then received your licence through the post, that whole process took about 3 weeks.

Now you just apply online, pay £34.00 and then they send your licence in the post.

When I did mine in 2006 it was all by post but still only took about 2 weeks to arrive... Seems the move to online hasn't really sped things up at all!
Original post by kerrymuli
hope so waana go out

it cameeeeeeeeeeee!🎊🎉

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending