The Student Room Group

The Anime Society 3 - Better than Sheep!

Welcome to the Anime Society on-topic thread! Here we talk about anything to do with anime, manga and any related media, whether it's about a specific series/genre or about the subject in general. Come here for anime recommendations, to discuss your favorite series or whatever else you want, but keep the off-topic chat to the chat thread :wink: To sign up, click here!

Threads of interest:

Chat thread - Anything that has nothing to do with anime, general chat etc. can be posted here.

Review thread - Join us in reviewing a selection of series chosen by the society members. The series are changed monthly.

Caption competition
- Someone posts an anime screenshot, you caption it. The more creative or funny the better!

Current/upcoming anime season
- Provides information on a selection of new and upcoming anime series. Links to older threads in first post.

Studio Ghibli Society - It may be a separate society, but since many anime fans are familiar with the Ghibli films this may be of interest.

Series discussion threads
(for more in-depth, uninterrupted discussions of a specific series):

Fullmetal Alchemist

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

(Thinking of starting a thread for a series not listed here? PM me with the link, and I'll add it to the list). :smile:

-----

Note: Keep spoilers in spoiler tags please! Links to anime streaming and/or download sites are against TSR rules, with the exception of legal sources such as Crunchyroll.

Scroll to see replies

I'm thinking of starting Ouran High School Host club on Monday, anyone watched it who wants to offer an opinion?

The chat thread already has like 12 replies :p:
The_Pudding_Earl
I'm thinking of starting Ouran High School Host club on Monday, anyone watched it who wants to offer an opinion?

The chat thread already has like 12 replies :p:

I found Ouran a bit generic as far as romantic comedy goes, though I don't think it's really my kind of series anyway. I personally preferred Lovely Complex, or if it's the large bishonen cast you want then Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, but most people consider Ouran to be one of the best :yes:

And give it time, I haven't even told them this thread exists yet :p: *goes to post link in chat thread*
:woo: we're back with on-topicness!

And for On-topicness, I'm up to episode 10 on R2 now :biggrin:
Reply 4
Did you have to open the On-topic thread with such a creepy image AJ!? :afraid: Bet you did that just to frighten me :hmmm:

Anyway waiting for the 1st episodes of the new series to be subbed, so going to watch Karas in the meantime. Should have it, Natsume Yuujinchou and Itazura na Kiss reviewed before the end of the day :yep:
woop woop new on topic thread, nice one AJ :party:

um yeah...

i will prob finish pani poni dash, kaiji and blue drop tonight :yes:
Reply 6
Went to the "Intro to anime" meeting our uni society did...just like I did last year :giggle:
Reply 7
Any good, short, drama Anime to reccommend anyone?
Reply 8
Hoihoi-san. Tis short and good.
Sephirona
Any good, short, drama Anime to reccommend anyone?

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Haibane Renmei and Kino no Tabi spring to mind. All three are excellent :yes:
Reply 10
I've almost finished Gurren Lagann :rofl: this is absolutely nuts
Truered
Hoihoi-san. Tis short and good.

AngryJellyfish
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Haibane Renmei and Kino no Tabi spring to mind. All three are excellent :yes:

Excellent, I'll try and choose one of these :p: I'm very picky so the decision takign might take hours. :ninja:
I'm downloading Naruto SP (finally out :woo:) and Hyakko (my first new-season download :biggrin:)
I wouldn't call HoiHoi-san drama, though it's good and is so short that you'd have nothing to lose watching it anyway :p:

Just watched Clannad Afterstory episode 1, needs more Starfish and Dango :frown: I know I've said it before, but they'd better not change the Haruhi ending theme for series 2 (unless they can somehow improve on the Hare Hare Yukai? :zomg: )
Reply 14
:shh: AJ :ninja:

Looks like I'm going to collect all of the new series I brought :yeah:
Reply 15
I was delighted at the lack of starfish, I really disliked Fuuko as she was extremely irritating. But I did miss the Dango Daikazoku :sadnod:

I dont think anything could be better than Hare Hare Yuukai, but I doubt very much that they will keep it in season 2 :s-smilie:
AngryJellyfish
I know I've said it before, but they'd better not change the Haruhi ending theme for series 2 (unless they can somehow improve on the Hare Hare Yukai? :zomg: )

They are totally gonna get ALI PROJECT to sing Hare Hare Yukai.
lol.

Thanks for your recommendations earlier I'm already reading the manga of Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. :biggrin:

I'll try Ouran, I mean if our president can watch it...:giggle:
Ouran HS is very weird :wtf?:
Reply 18
I loved Ouran - but I did watch it before Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge & Lovely Complex so maybe thats why I liked it alot more than AJ :p:
Reply 19
I finally finished Gurren Lagann :rofl:

I'm speechless, I don't think I've ever seen something so ridiculously awesome :laughing:

Latest