The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Ok, I've made UEA my firm.

I just hope its worth it! :smile:
Have you got all your offers/rejections already then?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
yellowjacket
Have you got all your offers/rejections already then?

Yep! I was surprised they came so quickly.
Reply 3
Woo! :woo: UEA rocks, I'm in my first year there :^_^: What course have you applied for?

EDIT: read the girl's sig, Cooro... :rolleyes: Politics, huh? Sounds cool, I did politics for A-level.
Reply 4
:woo: UEA's so worth it!
Reply 5
Cooro
Woo! :woo: UEA rocks, I'm in my first year there :^_^: What course have you applied for?

EDIT: read the girl's sig, Cooro... :rolleyes: Politics, huh? Sounds cool, I did politics for A-level.

Hehehe. Oh you're in your first year? Tell me all - good people? Good lecturers? Is it what you expected?
Reply 6
Antonia87
Hehehe. Oh you're in your first year? Tell me all - good people? Good lecturers? Is it what you expected?

The people are great. I've yet to run into a single unfriendly person. I live off campus (I'm from Norwich anyway) but the people in my friend's flats are all really friendly and treat me as an extra flatmate :giggle: I'm in the anime society too, the people there are really friendly and I hear great things about the other clubs and societies.

My lecturers are really nice, and the lectures and seminars are interesting and well-structured. The lecturers are really approachable and if you have a problem with anything then they're so helpful.

What I expected? Nope- it's better :yep:
Reply 7
Don't know about the uni itself, but Norwich is lovely! Small city but with everything you need and some lively characters (e.g, The puppet man).

Hope you enjoy it :smile:
Reply 8
Lucyyy
Don't know about the uni itself, but Norwich is lovely! Small city but with everything you need and some lively characters (e.g, The puppet man).

Hope you enjoy it :smile:

The puppet man is a legend :giggle: I read in the newspaper that he was retiring but he seems to have come back again.
i was so hyped for UEA till uni stats showed half their degrees are 2:2 :frown:
Reply 10
Cooro
The puppet man is a legend :giggle: I read in the newspaper that he was retiring but he seems to have come back again.

Yeah, I heard that too! I was pleasantly surprised to see him again when I was there last week though :yep: He really is the life and soul of Norwich..
Reply 11
Lucyyy
Yeah, I heard that too! I was pleasantly surprised to see him again when I was there last week though :yep: He really is the life and soul of Norwich..

Walked past him today, chatting to some kids. He really is well-loved, in a strange way :p:
Reply 12
veggie4life
i was so hyped for UEA till uni stats showed half their degrees are 2:2 :frown:

I read in the Times that the percentage of students obtaining Firsts and 2:1s is 67.5%
Antonia87
I read in the Times that the percentage of students obtaining Firsts and 2:1s is 67.5%

http://www.unistats.com/studentAchievement.do;jsessionid=BAC765094557C3F88343A39B91CB8816.worker3?t=20080508110501786
Reply 14

Yes.. an upper second is a 2:1 not a 2:2! If you're referring to the blue shaded area.
Reply 15

That link shows the proportion of 2:2's is 27%, not a half.

As for whether UEA's worth it, my answer would be a resounding yes! The campus is great (and I was never much of a fan of campus universities before I went there), the atmosphere laid back and friendly, and the education on offer of a high standard. In retrospect, I honestly wish I'd done my undergraduate degree here.

Norwich itself is a fun place as well, and totally took me by surprise. The city itself is pretty small and relaxed, but because it's a the main hub of an entire county it's surprisingly good for nightlife and shopping (ranging from the usual big shops to smaller, more quirky places).
Reply 16
Original post by Cooro
I'm in the anime society too:

Awesome! theres an anime society? if i get an offer you simply must tell me more about this society :biggrin:

Kisuke Urahara! <3
Reply 17
Original post by NicebutNic
Awesome! theres an anime society? if i get an offer you simply must tell me more about this society :biggrin:

Kisuke Urahara! <3

Yep, there is! Just send me a message if you want to know more about the anime soc or the UEA in general, though I don't visit TSR much anymore so you might have to wait a while for a reply!
Reply 18
I live pretty close to norwich, which is the only reason that i didn't apply there :smile:
But I think you'll absolutely love it, the UEA has loads of gigs at the LCR all the time and apparently the clubs in the city are amazing (i'm not old enough to know just yet :wink: ). And there's the puppet man too, everyone in Norwich and the surrounding area knows who he is :'D
Original post by Antonia87
I just hope its worth it! :smile:

I know this post is old, but I've just seen it as someone else seems to not be able to read dates, yet it says in your Sig your at Royal Holloway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending