Durham University
Durham
Visit website

van mildert college durham

i got allocated to this college from an open application
i was wondering if anybody goes there or knows anything about it

Scroll to see replies

I'm a fresher at Mildert, it's great :smile:
but yeah, I applied to Butler and got moved here so was a late convert. what exactly did you want to know?
ps we have a swamp, which is my personal highlight...
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Im at grey but from what i've seen, mildert seems really friendly and a great place to be. I know quite a few grey freshers living in mildert while grey is being renovated and they seem to like it there, their rooms are really good even though they are apparently the worst rooms in mildert. The bar is also pretty good. Also there is no sharing if im not mistaken? Anyways the hill is the best placed to be so you will enjoy it.
Reply 3
Mildert seems to be great for anyone who wants a single room as you're assured one. Also, you're near Elvet Hillside, which is where seminars are held for a few courses. The Science site is also only a few minutes away.
Reply 4
Town's bloody miles away though, well in comparison to a lot of other colleges.
I went to a summer school there for two weeks in 2006, I thought the rooms were really nice and it's in a quiet leafy part of durham with the river near by, you're lucky!
jobo3
Town's bloody miles away though, well in comparison to a lot of other colleges.

And by bloody miles away, OP, we mean 20 minutes. :smile: Durham is small.
Reply 7
To be fair it's not bloody miles away compared to Collingwood, Trevs, Butler, Aidans, Marys, which are all the same distance away.
Reply 8
Mr. Orange
I went to a summer school there for two weeks in 2006, I thought the rooms were really nice and it's in a quiet leafy part of durham with the river near by, you're lucky!

I went for two weeks in 2004! NAGTY summer school :smile:

I really liked it, the swamp was a nice feature and looked fantastic when it was sunny, plus there was some friendly competition going on between the two buildings which was hilarious. Also very funny as I was on the ground floor and when you opened your curtains first thing in the morning there were just loads and loads of rabbits outside o.o;;
Reply 9
InnocentEyes
I'm a fresher at Mildert, it's great :smile:
but yeah, I applied to Butler and got moved here so was a late convert. what exactly did you want to know?
ps we have a swamp, which is my personal highlight...

i was wondering what the bar was like, and what the sports teams are like,
im coming for a nights stay on the 26th so hopefully get a good feel for the place then, whats the night life like in durham?
tcary
im coming for a nights stay on the 26th so hopefully get a good feel for the place then, whats the night life like in durham?

the bar is officially the best college bar in Durham :smile:
so good choice there. seriously though tis pretty nice.

I don't know about sports cause I am the most unsporting person in the universe, sorry :frown:

as for nightlife, um, where do you live? it's not exactly London. BUT there are plenty of establishments selling fairly cheap alcohol, and really, you can have a good night out anywhere with booze, enthusiasm, and in the case of Durham, probably fancy dress :p:
Reply 11
tcary

Loads of sports teams! Which sports are you interested in? Then I can be more specific about the interest in that sport within college.
It's ******* incredible. Plus it officially has the best college bar :biggrin:
Reply 13
Shmerm
Loads of sports teams! Which sports are you interested in? Then I can be more specific about the interest in that sport within college.

well mainly football but ill play anything.
Reply 14
tcary
well mainly football but ill play anything.

We have 5 men's football teams, so you'll have a great chance to get involved there.

Outside that, you can do rowing, rugby, badminton, hockey, basketball, squash, tennis, ultimate frisbee... and that's not a comprehensive list!
Reply 15
Heh, I'm so happy I applied to Mildert, everything everyone's posted sounds awesome :biggrin: I loved the lake, the rooms, the bar etc when I looked around in the summer.
Yay!

Defo come here - it's the best college by miles :smile:
Reply 17
Its a nice college and everyone I know who goes there is nice and seems to enjoy it. Must be a good college if they're supposed to be our rival college and I have only good things to say lol. They have a nice big music room if you're in a band or whatever and a cool shop/JCR don't know what the rooms are like though
Reply 18
i got an offer from van mildert a couple of days ago woo
Reply 19
I got allocated to Mildert by open application 2003-2007 and I loved it. It's where they put a large proportion of the normal non-rah people!

Quick Reply

Latest