The Student Room Group

Who wants to apply for Maths for 2006 entry?

Just outta interest, wanted to see who else is thinking of a maths degree? Where are you thinking of applying to?

I'm hoping to go and do either MMath in Maths, or might combine Maths with Physics or with Philosophy. Would love to study at Oxbridge, but more realistically thinking about Nottingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Warwick maybe, possible Imperial. Might go for Keele as well, cos I could combine Maths with pretty much anything I feel like, though it'll probably be Physics or Philosophy, and its not far from home if I do decide to stay local.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm thinking about either Maths or Physics. Would love to go to Oxbridge but will probably not end up there. Am currently thinking of applying to Oxford, Imperial, Manchester, Nottingham, Royal Holloway and maybe Warwick.
Reply 2
Cool, thought about combining them and doing a joint course?
distortedgav
Just outta interest, wanted to see who else is thinking of a maths degree? Where are you thinking of applying to?

I'm hoping to go and do either MMath in Maths, or might combine Maths with Physics or with Philosophy. Would love to study at Oxbridge, but more realistically thinking about Nottingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Warwick maybe, possible Imperial. Might go for Keele as well, cos I could combine Maths with pretty much anything I feel like, though it'll probably be Physics or Philosophy, and its not far from home if I do decide to stay local.

Ooh yay, someone thinking of Maths and Philosophy :biggrin: . I'm doing that course from October and it seems really exciting from what I've seen. Feel free to pm me if you want any info about the course at different unis.
Reply 4
Will do :p: cheers :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah, prob. MMath, unless of course I get into Cambridge. Otherwise, thinking Nottingham/Warwick/St. Andrews/Edinburgh.
Reply 6
Yes! Mee!

Can't decide whether or not to do an MMath course or not...but yeah, I really want to study Maths starting 2006! I'm thinking of Warwick, Bristol or York. Don't want to go to Cambridge.
Reply 7
Coolness :smile: why don't you want to go to Cambridge, just out of curiosity?
Reply 8
Thinking about doing Maths (or Stats or both). I just think that i'll have a hard time getting into Warwick and the like considering i will have a Double AVCE (IT)
Reply 9
me me me
am thinking of applying for maths with computerscience at cambridge but realistically would be leeds, bristol, edinburgh, brimigham, (warwick or york)
any one thinking of joint hourns in cs and maths?
chubby: if you do succeed in getting in to do maths with computer science, then make sure you turn up to Number and Sets in the first term, even though you don't have to. It's the best course in the first year in my opinion!

However that's a long way off, good luck!
Reply 11
higherspeed
chubby: if you do succeed in getting in to do maths with computer science, then make sure you turn up to Number and Sets in the first term, even though you don't have to. It's the best course in the first year in my opinion!

However that's a long way off, good luck!

ok thanks will take heed of it
by the way which uni do u go to?
distortedgav
Coolness :smile: why don't you want to go to Cambridge, just out of curiosity?

you have to do step though and that is damn hard.
Reply 13
Ahh yeah STEP does come into it....but I think its good for you mathematically to do STEP-type questions, so I wouldn't mind doing it to be honest.
Reply 14
is not one of you thinking of bath??
Reply 15
Almost forgot about Bath, Bath was recommended to me by this guy who I was talking to at my work experience. Looks quite good, I might apply there...
Reply 16
I'm applying to do Maths in 2006.

Here's my preferred universities:
Cambridge
Warwick
Imperial
Manchester
Liverpool
Edinburgh

Going for the 4 year course options.
Reply 17
r_perry
is not one of you thinking of bath??

damn right!!
Reply 18
Why is Bath so good? Doesn't strike me as a top uni?
Reply 19
Alcohol5%
Why is Bath so good? Doesn't strike me as a top uni?

It has a particular reputation for Mathematics I think. It's highly rated in THES at least.

Latest